Ever stop eating somewhere because of cheap workers?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by JoeyJoeJoeJr, Dec 6, 2018.

1. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Purple Belt

Ive had it with subway. I go for lunch sometimes and the owner is so cheap its actually insane.

My sub is basically flat every time I go there, barely any veggies because the owner skimps so hard.

When I ask for extra pickles he literally will only give me 4 or 5 pickles. If I actually want extra I have to ask him twice for the same vegetable, because he doesnr even know what extra means.

Ive watched this guy put my vegetables on like olives and he will literally throw 1 1/2 olives back in his vegetable bin rather than just giving me it.

Today was the final straw. I asked for spinach and he picked up 6 pièces, put 5 on my sub and put the last one back in the veggie bin.

Seriously? Youre tryng to save one piece of spinach worth 1/10th of 1 cent? What is wrong with you? Cheap fuck

2. 90 50

90 50 Red Belt

Each sandwich actually has a number of items for it.

Like for a 6” if you ask for olives I think the number is 3 or some shit.

3. osudude

osudude Red Belt

Well there's your problem.

4. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Purple Belt

3 tomato slices per 6 inch but they dont count olives thats ridiculous lol. They only count tomatoes

5. Dr Hannibal Lecter

Dr Hannibal Lecter Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest! Platinum Member

At a restraurant eating a succulent Chinese meal.
    I've never seen them count any of the things they put on a sub. It always seemed they were just winging it.

6. 90 50

90 50 Red Belt

There is a number for every single condiment or add on to every size they have. It everyone follows it though.

I managed one for a short time in college.

7. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Purple Belt

Its literally only this one guy. The regular staff doesnt count olives and spinach like this cheap ass does. Thats next level cheap imo

8. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Purple Belt

Ive been eating at different subways for like 15 years bro trust me its not normal what he does

9. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Miserable squashed thing.

TheGZA likes this.
  10. method115

method115 Steel Belt

The worst thing about it to me is if he's being that stingy with money what else is he doing with the food to make an extra buck? Reusing veggies for to long that should have been thrown away? I stopped eating at Wendys when my ex worked at one when I was in highschool and told me she saw the reuse the chili for a week.

11. 90 50

90 50 Red Belt

Well 27 years ago(holy shit that was a long time ago, doesn’t seem like that long now lol) there was a blueprint for that shit

Sounds like he’s the only one following the corporate guidelines for sandwhich building.

Which Doctor likes this.
  12. Rygu

Rygu Black Belt Platinum Member

Subway has been shit for the last 5 years, it seems around the time Jerrod got busted for banging underage prostitutes.

SaiWa and thomnasty like this.
  13. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Purple Belt

H

He def keeps old cookies to resell that I know.

14. method115

method115 Steel Belt

Probably what it is. Think about some 16 year old is not going to listen to your BS about counting olives. They will with tomatoes cause that's easy but everything else? Fuck off.

I worked at a pizza place once washing dishes. The guy tried to get me to help make pizza and quickly stopped cause I gave 0 fucks about the weight of the pizza and all that nonsense. He wanted it to be exact and I didn't care if it was .1 over.

Sohei and 90 50 like this.
  15. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

There is a gyro place by my house. Foods pretty good but the lady at the counter doesn't speak one word of English. She didn't understand what lamb was (at a funeral king gyro shop!)so I had to order chicken. Never went back

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  16. SammyPops

SammyPops Gold Belt

Funny and accurate. I gave up on subway several years ago. Mr. Sub knows whats up.

17. cck311**

cck311** Yellow Belt

Hmmm, that's strange. Subway has always been pretty solid for me. I've ate there quite a few times and can't really ever think of a time I had an unsatisfactory experience.

thehighking likes this.
  18. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments Free from yellow thanks to my state's congress

Make your own subs like a real man

19. sfblue

sfblue Blue Belt

It must be a Subway thing. The one by my house started charging 10 cents for the paper bags you would normally use for take out... not a decent plastic bag I can later reuse to pick up my dogs shit mind you, but a paper bag cheaper and thinner than the brown bag lunches I used to carry to school when I was a kid. That kind of turned me off to the place... although with years of putting up with wilted lettuce and green tomatoes for a cheap sandwich, I guess that actually proves me the poor folk here.

20. Kardashians

Kardashians ☆ sitting on the moon ☽

I have two subways. I won’t go to one of them bc when I went there not only were they super stingy, but holy fuck those veggies were a far ways from fresh :confused:

The other one is great tho. If the regular guys are working they’ll load my sub up to the max. But If the girl is working she’ll skimp and I have to ask for extra but even still it’s not very much ):

Also I love their black bean soup. So fucking good.