Ever felt so pumped about a fight to the extent of not wanting to watch it?

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm just curious if is just me or this happen to others as well.
Call me whatever you want but I'm being honest.... I'm not going to mention which potential fight I'm talking about but just speaking in general terms.. have ever felt so pumped about a fight meaning that the emotions are so high to the extend of not wanting to watch the fight and prefer to wait for the results?

Last edited:
Felt so bumped? Is "bumped" an emotional state? I've never heard of that.

Your explanation saying "where emotions are so high that kind of make you not wanting to watch the fight on live" makes no sense, are those words? Are you ok?

i guess you mean you're afraid to see your fighter loose. I got that with Anderson at some point, i was watching his fights a bit stressed

I'm just curious if is just me or this happen to others as well.
Call me whatever you want but I'm being honest.... I'm not going to mention which potential fight I'm talking about but just speaking in general terms.. you ever felt so bumped about a fight where the emotions are so high that kind of make you not wanting to watch the fight on live and prefer to wait for the results?
Maybe not MMA but any other sport?
This has happened to me a few times actually but once the fight starts I cool off a bit and enjoy .

Your explanation saying "where emotions are so high that kind of make you not wanting to watch the fight on live" makes no sense, are those words? Are you ok?
It made plenty of sense.

GSP vs Condit... That was probably the highest peak of my interest in MMA, I wanted both fighters to win.

It’s a emotional and physical state, shit sucks.

No. Though I do get stressed out on a fight I have bet money on. I don't bet on big fights because it ruins the experience for me.

Machida vs Weidman gave me anxiety. I know what you mean.

I've never not wanted to watch a fight, but I have been so keyed up before big fights that I almost felt a dread of it starting. Khabib vs Ferguson was going to be like that for me and I was pretty gutted when it fell through.

If that's how you feel about watching a fight I strongly advise you to never sign up for a fight. For your own health.

It's that feeling of a 30 second countdown watching your fighter losing hoping they land a last moment KO

MOST of them just stand there and continue to point poke because they're training to score points and not finish the damn job. Then raise hands like they gave it more than halfass effort.

Shogun vs Chuck, I did watch it but I had the horrible feeling Rua was past it after the Coleman comeback and was being served up to Chuck, I suspect Dana felt the same.

giphy.gif

Is this like "Have you ever cried when your favorite fighter lost" threads?

Because no. Lol

I know that feel well.
When i become interested in a fight i see it play out so many times in my head that i do feel sad once the fight happens and result is stablished....

Why watch it when it's so much more beautiful to just dream of it

Bisping gets shit on but his never give up attitude and potential to get KOd at any moment made me root for him. I was rooting for him hard in Rockhold 2 but convinced he’d get brutally finish so I almost didn’t want to watch it, I was literally wincing the entire time waiting for the inevitable stoppage. Then when he won I was absolutely psyched and yelling like a madman, don’t think I’ll evet feel like that watching a UFC fight again for some time...

Back