Ever date someone with depression?

Leave, you can't help her. You are just making thinga worse because you don't have the training to help her.

Over 60 replies and No Pics yet?

<JagsKiddingMe>

I was seeing a girl I met on a dating site for about a month. She was awesome funny, sexy, not boring at all to talk to. She was really affectionate too. She initiated the first kiss, everything, first everything intimate. Went on about how great I was, how lucky she was to have me. She even wanted to take me to a family wedding with her, after a month of knowing ne. Monday she tells me she is stressed at work all morning and then breaks up with me via text. So I don't hit her up, and she texts me later asking why I'm not fighting for her. So we text some more over the next few days. She tells me about how she is on anti depressents, is depressed had suicidal thoughts. Talks go ok I think we are on the verge of getting back together when all of a sudden she tells me she straight up doesnt want to date me now and she isn't attracted to me anymore.
So it all has me confused and am worried about her safety if she had those thoughts

Thats more likely bipolar or borderline disorder.

Depression people dont attack, and nag, they internalize.

Leave this female now, they are emotional immature vampires who are playing around with your emotions and get off on making you fall in love with them only for them to get off on breaking your heart. Ive dated mental cases like this and trust me leave as fast as you can she is playing emotional games to get her off.

Yes, I dated a girl that was on meds for depression. She was smart and funny as hell, but she still had bouts/episodes that left me feeling like I couldn’t do this for very long, and I’d finally had enough.

I’d become a “constant” in her life (as she called it). So me breaking up with her did not go well. I wasn’t to pick up the pieces, but I know it was rough on her. I reached out a few days after our break up to check on her and her exact response was, “You destroyed me. Leave me alone so I can forget about you.” I dodged a bullet though. I know that.

This PISSES ME OFF!!!!

I truly hate human beings who are " I am suicidal and you have to carry burden of my fragile little emotions"

Fucking be grateful you are not stuck in some horrific living condition and not disable. I used to be like these sensitive little assholes for a brief moment and people that guilt trip are the scum of humanity.

You want to kill yourself and put it on me!? Fuck you! Go for it! One less weak ass oxygen thief in this world.

These pussies need to go outdoors and live of the land train in martial arts and meditate and stop listening to these flaky ass love songs! That' s what living is all about. Hell my userame is a guy who does that shit!!!!
That isn't how mental illness works. It isn't a choice. It's dysfunction of the brain. It is an illness.

That isn't how mental illness works. It isn't a choice. It's dysfunction of the brain. It is an illness.

I understand. I was in a horrible place in 2014 with depression and panic attacks. Perhaps I was being a bit too harsh in my post. The thing that annoys me is, we have the internet, you can easy Google the symptom of your angst. I did that and made posts here in the Mayberry and got private message supports and people relating.

The thing is, I have known people with mental illness. The ones with morals and character usually might blow up and comeback, apologize and proceed to take steps in to fixing their problem. The mentally ill folks who are shitty human beings on top of their illness tend to use guilt trip and non-stop manipulation and taking advantage of peoples kindness. Its like your are an emotional hostage.

Its hard to explain it but there is good and bad amongst people with mental illness.

I understand. I was in a horrible place in 2014 with depression and panic attacks. Perhaps I was being a bit too harsh in my post. The thing that annoys me is, we have the internet, you can easy Google the symptom of your angst. I did that and made posts here in the Mayberry and got private message supports and people relating.

The thing is, I have known people with mental illness. The ones with morals and character usually might blow up and comeback, apologize and proceed to take steps in to fixing their problem. The mentally ill folks who are shitty human beings on top of their illness tend to use guilt trip and non-stop manipulation and taking advantage of peoples kindness. Its like your are an emotional hostage.

Its hard to explain it but there is good and bad amongst people with mental illness.
Ah ok that's a lot different than your original post, and I don't disagree. I have severe anxiety, depression, and ocd. But I NEVER give up and I NEVER stop trying to be the best person I can be. I know mentally ill people that just vomit their sickness all over everybody and I hate that shit. Having problems doesn't give you an excuse to be an asshole or just give up on self improvement.

No because I don’t believe in wasting time with thise who believe in fairy tale diseases.
What an asshole thing to post......

but yea you lucked out TS

If I were the TS.

I wouldn't "run". I would just tell her to change her attitude or finish. If she's nice, no need to completely dump her without giving her another chance.

Unless you weren't interested in the first place.

She literally coldly told TS she isnt even attracted to him anymore lol. Thats more than depression/bi-polar IMO. Would be silly to take her back just because she says loljk I'm super into you.

yes 2 gfs
depression is why they broke up with me
oddly 1 of em was the best gf i ever had...

To be fair, there is a slight chance that you have become too complacent, TS, especially as she is the one who has been initiating "everything"...and she is now checking to see where your level of passion and interest is at. It is women's nature to test men's sincerity - is normal.
BUT...the way she goes about it is disturbing to say the least. One month into an affair and you are asking questions on a message board regarding mental health... hello?

I've never dated anyone with depression or mental illness. I've dated some moody bastards, though - i can be a moody bastard myself. A level playing field is what i'm saying.
I don't know that i'd be able to have a close relationship with someone who's emotional or mental composure is almost guaranteed to set the whole tone for the relationship, or require a lot of work or has special needs that must be met and so on. Moody, weird, introvert, i can handle. Mentally ill - not so much.

Back to you! One month in and this is already way too serious and dramatic. Is it possible she is addicted to drama, and gets easily bored? Should she be bored with an affair after only one month... maybe, especially if you are so passive, but if she was coherent she'd end the boring affair herself, and cleanly. Seems like that girl needs a therapist, not you (imho). If I were you i'd ask yourself what you are looking for in relationships before you proceed.

Ah ok that's a lot different than your original post, and I don't disagree. I have severe anxiety, depression, and ocd. But I NEVER give up and I NEVER stop trying to be the best person I can be. I know mentally ill people that just vomit their sickness all over everybody and I hate that shit. Having problems doesn't give you an excuse to be an asshole or just give up on self improvement.

For sure I over reacted with the thought of toxic human beings using their mental illness to hide their crappiness.

The good folks suffering usually keep to themselves and are not causing problems for people and using " I'm sick I have problem and you have to take care of me to prove your a good person"

That's the type of folk that drives me crazy!

For sure I over reacted with the thought of toxic human beings using their mental illness to hide their crappiness.

The good folks suffering usually keep to themselves and are not causing problems for people and using " I'm sick I have problem and you have to take care of me to prove your a good person"

That's the type of folk that drives me crazy!
Yeah when I was a teen I just forced everyone to deal with my mood swings. Not because I was trying to be an asshole, the control mechanisms just weren't thers yet.

At some point though you have to at least try to grow the fuck up. Some people use mental illness as a crutch to avoid doing that.

Yeah when I was a teen I just forced everyone to deal with my mood swings. Not because I was trying to be an asshole, the control mechanisms just weren't thers yet.

At some point though you have to at least try to grow the fuck up. Some people use mental illness as a crutch to avoid doing that.

exactly!

My first experience with anxiety was started in 2009. My behaviour was something that was beyond my own understanding.

Not knowing anxiety, panic attacks and depression is alot like being stuck in a video game level and not having a single clue to what do. The internet and the study of these states are the first step.

My conclusion was using the " two sides to a coin" if a human being can experience horrific feelings in the mind then there is an antagonist to that as well. Hence meditation and disciplines like fasting. Fasting has blissful benefits but it comes with hardship first. Or opposite being fast food, it's good first then it becomes shitty afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back