UFC 130
TUF 13 Finale
UFC 136
Strikeforce: Healy vs. Beerbohm
UFC 166
Fox: DJ vs. Joe B
Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson

Very cool. I went to UFC 117 in Oakland. Live events are great

Looking back on the events I've attended, I've been damn lucky considering the cards today. Plus, I've had the opportunity to see some of my favorite fighters fight live and some of the best damn fights. I thought I'd share some shit that I recall. I'll add to this list as I remember stuff.

• UFC 87: GSP/Fitch - Twin Cities
    • Holy shit what a card...GSP/Fitch, Brock/Herring, Florian/Huerta, Maia/McDonal, Killa B on the undercard
    • Highlights: The main 2 fights are what I remember the most. GSP beat the crap out of Fitch as did Brock to Herring
    • Bonus Highlight: I managed to hit a drunk as Canadian in the head with a plastic beer bottle about 10+ rows down from me...hilarious shit looking back
  • Strikeforce: Fedor/Henderson - Outside Chicago
    • Fedor/Hendo, Tate/Coenen, Woodley/Daley, Kennedy/Lawler
    • Highlights: Obviously Fedor/Hendo - the crowd was nuts
    • Bonus Highlights:
      1. Met Cung Le & Joe Warren the day before - Le was so fucking hung over he looks asleep in the pics & Joe let me take a pic with his belt...cool shit.
      2. Ran into Guida on the way to the restroom & got a pic. No one else seemed to notice him
  • UFConFox: Cain/JDS I - Anaheim
    • Cain/JDS, Benson/Guida, Poirier/Garza, Lamas/Swanson
    • Highlights: Main fight was a disappointment to say the least, Benson/Guida & Poirier/Garza as the fights I recall the most
    • Bonus Highlights:
      1. Eating lunch the day before & seating next to me is Poirier's mom & uncle. They overheard me talking about him & gave some some cool fighter stuff. Also ran into in another city. Very cool family
      2. Guida's entourage was staying in my hotel. After the fight they were at the hotel bar before his after party. They were all pissed as they thought he won the fight
  • UFConFox: Benson/Diaz - Seattle
    • Another damn good card...Benson/Diaz, Gustafsson/Shogun, MacDonald/Penn, Brown/Swick, Yves/Stephens
    • Highlights: So many good fights but the Yves & Brown KOs stand out the most. I was happy to see Shogun & BJ live but damn did they get their asses kicked from what I recall.
    • Bonus Highlight:
      1. Seattle legalized weed the weekend of the fights. Ran into a couple of guys right outside the arena "celebrating" & bought some from them. We stunk up our damn section for the entire fights!
      2. Met Mir & Munoz at the fight club party
      3. Ran into Brown at the airport & managed to get a pic. He was very cool
  • UFC 164: Benson/Pettis II: Milwaukee
    • Good card as well...Pettis/Benson, Barnett/Mir, Mendes/Guida, Rothwell/Vera, Poirier/Koch
    • Highlights: I recall like the entire main card but Pettis winning the title at home was amazing. The crowd was going bananas! Rothwell winning was a big deal too.
    • Bonus Highlights:
      1. Met Hughes & Faber at the fight club party. Hughes was a dick to the fans, only interested in eating his salad. Faber was cool and entertained the fans while Hughes ate
      2. On the way to the arena, Little Evil was outside & we talked with him for about 10-15 minutes. One of the coolest & most accommodating fighter I ever met. The dude had a lot to say & didn't mind chatting.
      3. Ran into Cruickshank at my hotel, then at the fights (sat right behind me), and again getting pizza after the fights. It was fucking hilarious by the 3rd time. He was damn cool though.
      4. Ran into Poirier's family again & they remembered us from Anaheim. Amazingly, Poirier was on his way & they invited us to meet him at the same pizza joint I met Cruickshank. We met Poirier & his fight team. Poirier & his team were very friendly.
  • UFC 166: Cain/JDS III - Houston
    • Another good night of fights...Cain/JDS, Cormier/Nelson, Melendez/Sanchez, Gonzaga/Jordan, Lombard/Marquardt, Ferguson/Rio
    • Highlights: Definitely the Melendez/Sanchez fight...still one of the most entertaining fights I've witnessed. Cain also mauled JDS to point I almost felt bad.
    • Bonus Highlights:
    1. Met Josh Thomson at the UFC fight club party the day before. Very cool dude. He took the time so sit at chat was several times while there.
    2. After the Melendez/Sanchez fight, Melendez threw is bloody towel into the crowd & I caught it. Shit was sweaty too. Haha!
    3. Ran into Dollaway at the airport & got a pic. If I recall correctly, he fucked up his arm or shoulder
  • UFC 185: Pettis/RDA - Dallas
    • Last card I attended but a good one...Pettis/RDA, Joanna/Esparza, Hendricks/Brown, Overeem/Nelson
    • Highlights: Titles fights were both one-sided beatdowns but there were some nice KOs on the undercard
    • Bonus Highlights:
    1. Met Shawn Jordan & Uncle Creepy at the weigh-ins. Later that day I ran into Uncle Creepy again at Pecan Lodge, a BBQ joint
    2. Got a pic with Cowboy & Raquel Pennington and Super Uber Chuck.
    3. Got super high at the fights with the people in front of me. Usher almost busted me hitting the vape
    4. Pettis's crew tried to jump a guy after the fights but were weak as hell. Ended being a wrasslin' match

I've been damn fortunate to see some of the best fighters from this era fight live. Unfortunately, I've watched some of my favorite fighters get a beat down, but that's what I love about this sport, the unpredictable nature.

What events have you attended?

Edit: TLDR: Went to numerous events & saw some cool shit.

You a Mexican dude?

UFC 85 - best card I've been to, to date. Every fight was madness. Also witnessed prime form Thiago Alves take out Matt Hughes early.

UFC 120 - Bisping/Akiyama, Condit/Hardy.

UFC FN 37: Gus v Manuwa. I met Ross Pearson at this event and got a photo.

UFC 100 (2nd row), 110, 121, 127, 137, 175 & Strikeforce Diaz/Noons 2.

Seen all the top dogs fight apart from Anderson Silva.

Shit, forgot that we attended Silva/Cote outside of Chicago too. I guess that makes 2 of us that haven't seen Silva fight. LOL.

UFC 99 - Wand vs. Franklin in Germany
I was in the Army and stationed in Germany at the time. This card had a dope undercard with Cain, Cro Cop, Dan Hardy, Swick etc.

UFC 145 - Bones vs. Rashad in Atlanta
Got to see Schaub reach for the heavens after being KO'd by Rothwell.

UFC on Fox - JDS vs. Miocic in Phoenix
Joanna vs. Claudia 1, thought Claudia was robbed. Reem KO'ing Struve stiff. RDA dominating Nate Diaz. Nothing else really too exiting.

UFC 197 - Bones vs. OSP and Mighty Mouse vs. Cejudo in Vegas
Was initially pissed off because this was supposed to be Bones vs. Cormier 2, but it was still a decent show, but nothing really memorable outside of Yair having a flying knee KO.

UFC Fight Night - Yair vs. BJ Penn in Phoenix
Nothing really memorable. Was sad seeing BJ Penn get destroyed live.

Bellator 126 - Schlemenko vs. Halsey in Phoenix
Nobody expected Schlemenko to lose, definitely was surprising seeing Halsey smoke him in 30 seconds though

WSOF 19 - Gaethje vs. Palomino in Phoenix
Gaethje vs. Palomino was a war. Never been in a crowd so hyped during a fight. Was also sad seeing Thiago Silva get smoked by Teddy Holder

WSOF 23 - Gaethje vs. Palomino 2 in Phoenix
Another war between Gaethje and Palomino.

Been to a bunch of small regional shows over the years too. Been to at least 20, nothing worth listing.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Always wanted to see Wand & Franklin fight. Awesome to see them fight each other. The Schaub KO was great.

UFC 85 - best card I've been to, to date. Every fight was madness. Also witnessed prime form Thiago Alves take out Matt Hughes early.

UFC 120 - Bisping/Akiyama, Condit/Hardy.

UFC FN 37: Gus v Manuwa. I met Ross Pearson at this event and got a photo.

UFC 85 was a great card. Those type of events are the crazy live. Would have love to see Bisping/Sexyama & Condit/Hardy. What a KO by Condit.

UFC 50, 101, 133, 208, had tickets to 261 but got food poisoning and spent 2 days either in the bed or on the toilet.
You got tickets and got sick to a future event that's like 40 events away?

Just joking haha

Nice TS maybe you need to go to more events for the just bleed gods.

look up ^^^^^^^^
Awww you're dubbed so can't edit aye.

Friggen sucks lmao.

Holy crap I thought you said 168 and thought damn u missed Silva broken leg... Noticed you said 162 was silva getting ktfo...

A fan of either?

You got tickets and got sick to a future event that's like 40 events away?

Just joking haha

Nice TS maybe you need to go to more events for the just bleed gods.

Haha! The just Bleed Gods have been calling me. I haven't been to an event in a couple of years. Only a few cards that I would've like to attended but nothing worth the travel. Hopefully something good is coming up.

Haha! The just Bleed Gods have been calling me. I haven't been to an event in a couple of years. Only a few cards that I would've like to attended but nothing worth the travel. Hopefully something good is coming up.
Stipe vs cormier maybe?

Back