Events Attended - I've Been Lucky

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by xHeadx, Feb 23, 2018.

1. xHeadx

xHeadx Green Belt

Looking back on the events I've attended, I've been damn lucky considering the cards today. Plus, I've had the opportunity to see some of my favorite fighters fight live and some of the best damn fights. I thought I'd share some shit that I recall. I'll add to this list as I remember stuff.

• UFC 87: GSP/Fitch - Twin Cities
      • Holy shit what a card...GSP/Fitch, Brock/Herring, Florian/Huerta, Maia/McDonal, Killa B on the undercard
      • Highlights: The main 2 fights are what I remember the most. GSP beat the crap out of Fitch as did Brock to Herring
      • Bonus Highlight: I managed to hit a drunk as Canadian in the head with a plastic beer bottle about 10+ rows down from me...hilarious shit looking back
    • Strikeforce: Fedor/Henderson - Outside Chicago
      • Fedor/Hendo, Tate/Coenen, Woodley/Daley, Kennedy/Lawler
      • Highlights: Obviously Fedor/Hendo - the crowd was nuts
      • Bonus Highlights:
        1. Met Cung Le & Joe Warren the day before - Le was so fucking hung over he looks asleep in the pics & Joe let me take a pic with his belt...cool shit.
        2. Ran into Guida on the way to the restroom & got a pic. No one else seemed to notice him
    • UFConFox: Cain/JDS I - Anaheim
      • Cain/JDS, Benson/Guida, Poirier/Garza, Lamas/Swanson
      • Highlights: Main fight was a disappointment to say the least, Benson/Guida & Poirier/Garza as the fights I recall the most
      • Bonus Highlights:
        1. Eating lunch the day before & seating next to me is Poirier's mom & uncle. They overheard me talking about him & gave some some cool fighter stuff. Also ran into in another city. Very cool family
        2. Guida's entourage was staying in my hotel. After the fight they were at the hotel bar before his after party. They were all pissed as they thought he won the fight
    • UFConFox: Benson/Diaz - Seattle
      • Another damn good card...Benson/Diaz, Gustafsson/Shogun, MacDonald/Penn, Brown/Swick, Yves/Stephens
      • Highlights: So many good fights but the Yves & Brown KOs stand out the most. I was happy to see Shogun & BJ live but damn did they get their asses kicked from what I recall.
      • Bonus Highlight:
        1. Seattle legalized weed the weekend of the fights. Ran into a couple of guys right outside the arena "celebrating" & bought some from them. We stunk up our damn section for the entire fights!
        2. Met Mir & Munoz at the fight club party
        3. Ran into Brown at the airport & managed to get a pic. He was very cool
    • UFC 164: Benson/Pettis II: Milwaukee
      • Good card as well...Pettis/Benson, Barnett/Mir, Mendes/Guida, Rothwell/Vera, Poirier/Koch
      • Highlights: I recall like the entire main card but Pettis winning the title at home was amazing. The crowd was going bananas! Rothwell winning was a big deal too.
      • Bonus Highlights:
        1. Met Hughes & Faber at the fight club party. Hughes was a dick to the fans, only interested in eating his salad. Faber was cool and entertained the fans while Hughes ate
        2. On the way to the arena, Little Evil was outside & we talked with him for about 10-15 minutes. One of the coolest & most accommodating fighter I ever met. The dude had a lot to say & didn't mind chatting.
        3. Ran into Cruickshank at my hotel, then at the fights (sat right behind me), and again getting pizza after the fights. It was fucking hilarious by the 3rd time. He was damn cool though.
        4. Ran into Poirier's family again & they remembered us from Anaheim. Amazingly, Poirier was on his way & they invited us to meet him at the same pizza joint I met Cruickshank. We met Poirier & his fight team. Poirier & his team were very friendly.
    • UFC 166: Cain/JDS III - Houston
      • Another good night of fights...Cain/JDS, Cormier/Nelson, Melendez/Sanchez, Gonzaga/Jordan, Lombard/Marquardt, Ferguson/Rio
      • Highlights: Definitely the Melendez/Sanchez fight...still one of the most entertaining fights I've witnessed. Cain also mauled JDS to point I almost felt bad.
      • Bonus Highlights:
      1. Met Josh Thomson at the UFC fight club party the day before. Very cool dude. He took the time so sit at chat was several times while there.
      2. After the Melendez/Sanchez fight, Melendez threw is bloody towel into the crowd & I caught it. Shit was sweaty too. Haha!
      3. Ran into Dollaway at the airport & got a pic. If I recall correctly, he fucked up his arm or shoulder
    • UFC 185: Pettis/RDA - Dallas
      • Last card I attended but a good one...Pettis/RDA, Joanna/Esparza, Hendricks/Brown, Overeem/Nelson
      • Highlights: Titles fights were both one-sided beatdowns but there were some nice KOs on the undercard
      • Bonus Highlights:
      1. Met Shawn Jordan & Uncle Creepy at the weigh-ins. Later that day I ran into Uncle Creepy again at Pecan Lodge, a BBQ joint
      2. Got a pic with Cowboy & Raquel Pennington and Super Uber Chuck.
      3. Got super high at the fights with the people in front of me. Usher almost busted me hitting the vape
      4. Pettis's crew tried to jump a guy after the fights but were weak as hell. Ended being a wrasslin' match

I've been damn fortunate to see some of the best fighters from this era fight live. Unfortunately, I've watched some of my favorite fighters get a beat down, but that's what I love about this sport, the unpredictable nature.

What events have you attended?

Edit: TLDR: Went to numerous events & saw some cool shit.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. TheHawtness

TheHawtness Blue Belt

3. Frank McEdgar

Frank McEdgar SHERDOG

<mma4>

Mixedfights, Miq and MadDogMahoney like this.
  4. AC1D1K

AC1D1K Red Belt

5. Cro Cop Is Back

Cro Cop Is Back Red Belt

<mma4>

6. cambo78

cambo78 Red Belt

UFC 50, 101, 133, 208, had tickets to 261 but got food poisoning and spent 2 days either in the bed or on the toilet.

7. ritchest_eva

ritchest_eva Blue Belt

I’ve attended UFC 207 and 219

8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Sea Level Poster

<mma4>

<mma4>

BlackPanther, Miq, Rav7n and 2 others like this.
  9. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

GSP v Fitch is one of my favourite fights ever .
    that was such a great card as you said , Huerta v Florian and MacDonald v Maia are two great fights as well .
    you also got to see another of my favourites which is RDA's destruction of Pettis , I was a fan of RDA before that fight but that fight made me a fan for life .

10. digitalman45

digitalman45 Green Belt

I've been to every ufc event to come to Boston since I started watching as well as all of the pressers, open workouts and weigh ins. You always gotta do that stuff when the ufc comes to town.

My favorite being Shogun vs Sonnen. Chael is the reason I got into mma and meeting him and seeing his last ufc victory were both unforgettable moments.

The crowd for Mcgregor vs Siver was absolutely legendary. It was Dublin, Massachusetts inside the Garden that night.

Witnessing Cruz vs Dillashaw in person was incredible. It's become one of my favorite fights of all time and possibly my most rewatched. Greatest comeback in mma history for Cruz to win his title back after years away.

220 was a great card, the first round of the main event lived up to the hype. Witnessing Stipe take over and ultimately defend the belt for the 3rd time was another great historical moment.

I also went to OSP vs Bader in Maine which was a great card, but a really terrible main event. The drive there and back was a nightmare.

I attended Mousasi vs Jacare 2 in Connecticut which was such a stacked card to take place in the smallest venue you could imagine. That one was really a treat.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    MMAcolyte and xHeadx like this.
  11. Jerry the mouse

Jerry the mouse Banned Banned

12. Terpizzle

Terpizzle Blue Belt

Did anyone read that?

I went to ufc in Orlando Travis Browne vs werdum... I’d rather watch fights on tv

KYS likes this.
  13. Davey Crockett

Davey Crockett Mane, Firmino, Salah

Must be a weird dynamic to be surrounded by thousands of fans who you don’t know where their allegiances lie. I’ve been to plenty of football games and you’re in the midst of like minded people, you know you’re in good hands. A few beers in with some bud in my system I’d probably want out of there.

[​IMG]

KYS, Which Doctor and Typrune Goatley like this.
  14. gondo

gondo Blue Belt

Pics or didn’t happen. Also TLDR. Am I missing any?

As for events just the shitty 174 in Vancouver.
    [​IMG]
    At least I got to see prime Woodley in action.

websurfer and MMAcolyte like this.
  15. Egészségére!

Egészségére! Purple Belt

saw grease gate live in 09 and it was terrible

16. xHeadx

xHeadx Green Belt

LOL, love this GIF. Sadly, watching BJ get whooped by MacDonald gave me a sad frown.

Damn, that sucks. What a card to attend.

At least only the last one sucked!

And that was my first card. I'm not sure who the arena was louder for, GSP or Lesnar. Shit was amazing though. I almost couldn't believe how bad RDA put it on Pettis.

You should at least read the bonus highlights. <Moves> Shit, I even tried to space it out & bullet it...

It's funny but for the most part people get along. There are douches like every sporting event but not too many really act up.

Too bad. I think I posted pics from most of the events I attended. There's probably some good ones in there.

MMAcolyte and AC1D1K like this.
  17. xHeadx

xHeadx Green Belt

Good shit, thanks for sharing. I would've loved to see those fights live.

digitalman45 likes this.
  18. Aslan

Aslan Banned Banned

<mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4>
    Your story. It’s cool. Bro.

Fedorer13, xHeadx, KYS and 1 other person like this.
  19. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

UFC 100 (2nd row), 110, 121, 127, 137, 175 & Strikeforce Diaz/Noons 2.

Seen all the top dogs fight apart from Anderson Silva.

20. Based God

Based God Brown Belt

UFC 99 - Wand vs. Franklin in Germany
    I was in the Army and stationed in Germany at the time. This card had a dope undercard with Cain, Cro Cop, Dan Hardy, Swick etc.

UFC 145 - Bones vs. Rashad in Atlanta
    Got to see Schaub reach for the heavens after being KO'd by Rothwell.

UFC on Fox - JDS vs. Miocic in Phoenix
    Joanna vs. Claudia 1, thought Claudia was robbed. Reem KO'ing Struve stiff. RDA dominating Nate Diaz. Nothing else really too exiting.

UFC 197 - Bones vs. OSP and Mighty Mouse vs. Cejudo in Vegas
    Was initially pissed off because this was supposed to be Bones vs. Cormier 2, but it was still a decent show, but nothing really memorable outside of Yair having a flying knee KO.

UFC Fight Night - Yair vs. BJ Penn in Phoenix
    Nothing really memorable. Was sad seeing BJ Penn get destroyed live.

Bellator 126 - Schlemenko vs. Halsey in Phoenix
    Nobody expected Schlemenko to lose, definitely was surprising seeing Halsey smoke him in 30 seconds though

WSOF 19 - Gaethje vs. Palomino in Phoenix
    Gaethje vs. Palomino was a war. Never been in a crowd so hyped during a fight. Was also sad seeing Thiago Silva get smoked by Teddy Holder

WSOF 23 - Gaethje vs. Palomino 2 in Phoenix
    Another war between Gaethje and Palomino.

Been to a bunch of small regional shows over the years too. Been to at least 20, nothing worth listing.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    digitalman45, MMAcolyte and xHeadx like this.