Opinion Even TUCKER CARLSON now acknowledges TRUMP's staggering incompetence?

Just take the wall - I don’t think anyone thought it would be easy. I’m not sure you blame DJT for it though.

I agree though - at times he seems way to unfocused. He does get more big things right than people give him credit for though such as trade policy.

It's only been two years, he's done quite a lot and has attempted to do more. He's just growing into his position.

It's only been two years, he's done quite a lot and has attempted to do more. He's just growing into his position.

Is the guy with a bad attention span who has displayed next to no ability to work across the aisle (or even in his aisle) going to get more or less done losing the House?

Nixon resigned because he knew he'd be forced form the presidency as he did something even his own party couldn't ignore. Bill had an inappropriate relationship with an intern. They aren't really comparable.
Bill lied under oath.

Yes about an inappropriate relationship with an intern.

Do you think that is comparable to Nixon and Watergate?
He lied under oath while being investigated for sexual harassment. My original statement was in regards to temperamental differences between the two men, a separate issue but not mutually exclusive to the magnitudes of their respective crimes.

I don't think this will ever happen. Trump likes conflict too much.

I once saw an article on the differences between Nixon and Clinton. Nixon resigned because he felt his detractors were better than him and that he didn't deserve to be there. Clinton simply refused to back down. And Trump is even more hard headed that Bill ever was.
Yes, for sure his philosophy is don't admit to anything, never back down, but also, always always settle. He has shown that when he sees the writing on the wall he just shifts the narrative to, "oh that had nothing to do with me." That won't help if Mueller can prove he laundered money for the Russians and that there was a quid pro quo in the Russian election interference. In that event, he will be given an ultimatum and he will quit rather than be impeached.

Recall the NAFTA re-negotiations when Trump set a deadline and Canada just blew on past like it wasn't there, vowing to continue to negotiate until the very last moment. In the end a deal was made like it was always going to happen, and Trump's hard-headedness was of no moment.

In that event, he will be given an ultimatum and he will quit rather than be impeached.
Sounds like you've a got crystal ball there Homer! Either that or this is just a little more wishful thinking from the "this is it!" crew...

Notice how you can't peg down the amount he's been loaned or the amount he's actually worth.

Kind of hard to say what he turned that money into when you don't know where it started or ended up.
Any number between 3 and 11 billion is a mammoth success. I don’t think that’s disputable but, by all means, if you and others feel good by calling a multi billionaire “incompetent” then keep doing so.

Sounds like you've a got crystal ball there Homer! Either that or this is just a little more wishful thinking from the "this is it!" crew...
No, it's the most realistic worst-case scenario based upon what we have learned of the issue. I stipulated earlier on this same page that it is possible Mueller will absolve Trump of any personal involvement and that only underlings will get sent to prison.

No, it's the most realistic worst-case scenario based upon what we have learned of the issue. I stipulated earlier on this same page that it is possible Mueller will absolve Trump of any personal involvement and that only underlings will get sent to prison.
You're right. This really is it!

His incompetence for anything beyond self promotion was always blatantly obvious.
Being able to formulate, describe and accomplish goals within the political framework is the definition of political competence.
The idea of Americans saying, "he wouldn't be incompetent if he was an autocrat" is hilarious.

Yet, everyone has had an incompetent boss.

Trump has filed for bankruptcy six times. He only has money left due to abusing bankruptcy laws to protect his assets.

Yet, everyone has had an incompetent boss.

Trump has filed for bankruptcy six times. He only has money left due to abusing bankruptcy laws to protect his assets.

He does seem to have a rare talent for shameless self promotion though.
Which I guess explains how the silver spoon incarnation of vulgar materialism managed to win running on a ridiculous populist platform as a "protest vote".
That and the fact that it's 'Merica obviously.

It’s when people in the media repeat this sentiment that it leads to the ‘boy that cried wolf’ syndrome. See the media was wrong about 2016 and it’s self evident that a person who turns $1 mil (or 2 or 5) into 11 bil (or 4 or 3 or whatever) is far from incompetent. So people immediately dig into supporting Trump as they are offended by the apparent blatant lies, also knowing that the media have a track record of lying about politics and Trump in particular.

It’s one factor that will help see him re-elected.

Hope it happens if only to see the reaction of the Loony LEFT again. :D

Any number between 3 and 11 billion is a mammoth success. I don’t think that’s disputable but, by all means, if you and others feel good by calling a multi billionaire “incompetent” then keep doing so.

We all wish were that "incompetent".

I don't think this will ever happen. Trump likes conflict too much.

I once saw an article on the differences between Nixon and Clinton. Nixon resigned because he felt his detractors were better than him and that he didn't deserve to be there. Clinton simply refused to back down. And Trump is even more hard headed that Bill ever was.

That is a load of crap. Nixon fought it to the end until Kissinger told him that it was impossible to stop the procedings and being kicked out of office due to the votes being there. Nixon never acknowledged or apologized for nothing he did while in office. Quit making up stupid shit. His resignation speech was about as unapologetic as it gets.

With Clinton, the votes were never there. It was just a smear that often was hypocritical based on various Republicans exposed personal lives. Bill just had to weather the circus.

You don't even know if it's between those numbers is the point. Trump has gone through great efforts to hide his net worth and downplay his start up capital. You only have his word for either, and we know his word is suspect.

Additionally being competent in one area does not preclude being incompetent in others. Trump is incompetent when it comes to HC especially, and unfortunately for him that's a big issue.

It's going to be amazing seeing how Trump supporters react to prominent Republicans distancing themselves from Trump.
giphy.webp

The scumbag RINOs distanced themselves from him IMMEDIATELY, and even during the primaries. This is nothing new, and I seriously doubt it will make a dent in his approval ratings among people that have common sense. The rabid left will continue howling no matter what happens.

Nixon resigned because he knew he'd be forced form the presidency as he did something even his own party couldn't ignore. Bill had an inappropriate relationship with an intern. They aren't really comparable.

And Trump allegedly paid off some hookers that slept with him BEFORE he was President in order to save face. How is this a big deal? It's not, but the psychotic left wants you to think it is - so the weak-minded blindly follow. Campaign finance is a shady thing to begin with, just ask the clintons and the obamas.

NO ONE that voted for Trump thought he was a choir boy. We all knew he was a shady, womanizing businessman. But above all else, he is a patriot - and EXACTLY what this country needs. I think that fact is really misunderstood by the NPCs.

That is a load of crap. Nixon fought it to the end until Kissinger told him that it was impossible to stop the procedings and being kicked out of office due to the votes being there. Nixon never acknowledged or apologized for nothing he did while in office. Quit making up stupid shit. His resignation speech was about as unapologetic as it gets.

With Clinton, the votes were never there. It was just a smear that often was hypocritical based on various Republicans exposed personal lives. Bill just had to weather the circus.
Dude try a stool softener or something, sheesh...

Back