Opinion Even TUCKER CARLSON now acknowledges TRUMP's staggering incompetence?

Trump was like a father to me.

Last edited:
When he took office, he had control of senate and house. Wouldnt that have been the best time to accomplish this? What better system could he have?

Not when the senior leadership of both parties and large portions of the federal bureaucracy are the ones who make up the system opposing these agenda items.

Obama had a supermajority as well. Did he achieve any of his major agenda items during that time? Was he incompetent? Clinton pledged to secure the border and even build walls...he never did. Was he incompetent? What about Raegan? What about anybody?

I think Trump supporters and haters alike need to start taking a look at the real possibility that Trump is in league with everyone else. And before libs begin to celebrate they should understand that Trump being in league with everyone else just means their side is in league with Trump as well. It means everyone is compromised and dirty and were pretty much screwed as a country.

Not when the senior leadership of both parties and large portions of the federal bureaucracy are the ones who make up the system opposing these agenda items.

Obama had a supermajority as well. Did he achieve any of his major agenda items during that time? Was he incompetent? Clinton pledged to secure the border and even build walls...he never did. Was he incompetent? What about Raegan? What about anybody?

I think Trump supporters and haters alike need to start taking a look at the real possibility that Trump is in league with everyone else. And before libs begin to celebrate they should understand that Trump being in league with everyone else just means their side is in league with Trump as well. It means everyone is compromised and dirty and were pretty much screwed as a country.
As an outsider, i wont say i have an unbiased view, but obama followed through on some of his biggest campaign promises. Trump in this regard hasnt fully. He still has time, but it might be more difficult over the next two years.

Thing is, how did he NOT know this stuff already about DJT??
He did. Remember the speech he gave to the FDNY prior to the election? He never liked Trump. That was never his brand of conservative.

Carson was pandering. He has been pandering all along, but also scoring the blows he otherwise would have had no opportunity to make if he didn't play the game. He pandered his way into what is arguably the most profitable and influential news anchor seat in American politics in the 2010's. Goodbye Bill O'Reilly. Goodbye Greta. Hello Tucker. Quite the coup for a man who previously had been best known for being one of the two great, historic victims of Jon Stewart haranguing CNN in service of a centrist backlash against hyper-partisanship that Stewart himself later abandoned just as radically as Cortez deviates from the classic liberalism of her own party (while she nonetheless struggles with basic reading comprehension and math).

I believe it's similar to that interview posted elsewhere here on the front page of the WR with Tillerson. He said in the interview, "I mostly agree with the President's platform, but where we differed so greatly was in the tactics to achieve it." For Tucker, I believe the two great issues that Trump champions with which he agrees are the fight against abortion, and the fight to maintain American sovereignty against the unsustainable cornucopia of illegal Southwestern immigration that has arisen over the past 40 years. I believe he was hopefully resigned-- at the height of his optimism no more than curious-- Trump might turn out to be more fox than crazy, but I think he has seen enough now to have conclusively decided which it is. He has lost hope that Trump might be that precocious child capable of growing into the size of his seat.

In some ways Tucker competes with Shapiro to be the heir to Buckley. I'm not sure if you've ever seen The Best of Enemies, but one of the ideas that has stayed with me since viewing that documentary was the comment that Buckley and Vidal understood something that many intellectuals of the time did not grasp, and that was the power of the television. Today, Rogan has rightly emphasized again and again on his podcast, correctly and to great enrichment of himself, that internet is the new TV. In this sense, I favor Shapiro to be Buckley's heir.

However, when Shapiro mocks Ocasio-Cortez, you get the sense he sees no serious danger in her, even an asset to be exploited, while Tucker quite soberly recognizes her potential power-- the symbol she represents. Back when Vidal and Buckley were debating, Vidal was leveling the same rhetoric at the right as we hear today, but it was the top 5% controlling 20% of the wealth, and the bottom 20% only controlling 5%. Americans would likely disappear a small country today just to have that spread. Tucker understands that unless Republicans do something to address it beyond regurgitating axiomatic philosophy, youthful radicals like Cortez won't go anyway. Her kind will populate candidacies like the stars populate the sky. In this sense, I strongly favor Tucker.

Unfortunately, their papers are glorified rabble-rousing blogs, and so both fail to anchor their bid with a genuine bastion of authentic intellectualism tethered to the written word like The National Review. In this sense, I favor neither.

So tucker thinks trump is incompetent and likes ocario Cortez, amazing

He did. Remember the speech he gave to the FDNY prior to the election? He never liked Trump. That was never his brand of conservative.

Carson was pandering. He has been pandering all along, but also scoring the blows he otherwise would have had no opportunity to make if he didn't play the game. He pandered his way into what is arguably the most profitable and influential news anchor seat in American politics in the 2010's. Goodbye Bill O'Reilly. Goodbye Greta. Hello Tucker. Quite the coup for a man who previously had been best known for being the one of the two great, historic victims of Jon Stewart haranguing CNN in service of a centrist backlash against hyper-partisanship that Stewart himself later abandoned just as radically as Cortez deviates from the classic liberalism of her own party (while she nonetheless struggles with basic reading comprehension and math).

I believe it's similar to that interview posted elsewhere here on the front page of the WR with Tillerson. He said in the interview, "I mostly agree with the President's platform, but where we differed so greatly was in the tactics to achieve it." For Tucker, I believe the two great issues that Trump champions with which he agrees are the fight against abortion, and the fight to maintain American sovereignty against the unsustainable cornucopia of illegal Southwest immigration that has arisen over the past 40 years. I believe he was hopefully resigned-- at the height of his optimism no more than curious-- Trump might turn out to be more fox than crazy, but I think he has seen enough now to have conclusively decided which it is. He has lost hope that Trump might be more than a precocious child capable of growing to the size of his seat.

In some ways Tucker competes with Shapiro to be the heir to Buckley. I'm not sure if you've ever seen The Best of Enemies, but one of the ideas that has stayed with me since viewing that documentary was the comment that Buckley and Vidal understood something that many intellectuals of the time did not grasp, and that was the power of the television. Today, as Rogan has rightly emphasized again and again on his podcast, correctly and to great enrichment of himself, is that internet is the new TV. In this sense, I favor Shapiro to be Buckley's heir.

However, when Shapiro mocks Ocasio-Cortez, you get the sense he sees no serious danger in her, even an asset to be exploited, while Tucker quite soberly recognizes her potential power-- the symbol she represents. Back when Vidal and Buckley were debating, Vidal was leveling the same rhetoric at the right as we hear today, but it was the top 5% controlling 20% of the wealth, and the bottom 20% only controlling 5%. Americans would likely disappear a small country today just to have that spread. Tucker understands that unless Republicans do something to address it beyond regurgitating axiomatic philosophy, youthful radicals like Cortez won't go anyway. Her kind will populate candidacies like the stars populate the sky. In this sense, I strongly favor Tucker.

Unfortunately, their papers are glorified rabble-rousing blogs, and so both fail to anchor their bid with a genuine bastion of authentic intellectualism of the written word like The National Review. In this sense, I favor neither as heir.
How much was the advance on the book, and are you finished with the galley proof? :D

Excellent post, mon frere

Thing is, how did he NOT know this stuff already about DJT??
I think he was well aware but he knows which side the butter is on. Now that the Republicans lost the House, and the revelations of Cohen and Manafort have become more evident, he's trying to get ahead of the curve and distance himself.

I'm thinking the reason he hasn't achieved his transformational agenda items is because a) the system is preventing him or b) he's part that system and not actually trying to achieve these things. Could be a mixture of both.

If competency was the issue then what's everyone elses excuse for not solving any of these issues or achieving the agenda items they campaigned on?

Let's look at the Obamacare repeal attempt.

Trump campaigned on this very heavily. That he was the first Republican candidate to campaign on not cutting Medicare and overall expanding HC coverage was a big deal at the time. During the actual campaign he stated it was among his first priority. He touted his HC plan as being covering more people, for less money, and better results.

And when Congress made a move on Obamacare what was Trump's input into the process? A few tweets.

Their effort failed because public opinion was heavily against a repeal with no replacement, and the replacement they cobbled together was worse in every way. It certainly was nowhere near what Trump had campaigned on.

Where was Trump's better HC plan? Where was his leadership in the legislative process? Neither showed up.

It appears clearly that in that issue Trump did not have even a remote understanding of the subject and certainly did not have any real plans to implement what he campaigned on. He called himself on it in saying "Nobody knew HC could be so complicated?" The reality is anyone who had looked into it for even a remote amount if time knew it was a complicated issue, anyone that knew the history of it knew it was a complicated issue. So why didn't Trump?

The only reasonable explanation is that he did not make any effort to educate himself on the subject. That's why he was ineffectual on that issue. And that has nothing to do with the "system" keeping him down. That's just a lazy man who doesn't want to read.

Sounds like the same thing is happening with Trump which happened with Obama. A lot of Democrats and liberals had high hopes for Obama going in and didn't really deliver on his campaign promises. He ended up being a mostly center-left President which made no one happy. In my opinion, if both sides are bitching then you are doing the right thing.

Still, when re-election came, they still voted for Obama because it was better than the alternative. Come 2020, I'm sure the same people complaining about Trump will be the first in line to vote for him because he's on their team.

Lol @ right wing policy positions being

1) nuking planed parenthood

2) crushing the ACA

I can’t even wrap my head around this nonsense it’s so Fucking stupid. That’s their tentpole positions. Pathetic

Is someone like pence able to oppose trump in the 2020 election? I assume primaries?

Surprised to hear Tucker Carlson say that. Hopefully, more people start to take note.

Let's look at the Obamacare repeal attempt.

Trump campaigned on this very heavily. That he was the first Republican candidate to campaign on not cutting Medicare and overall expanding HC coverage was a big deal at the time. During the actual campaign he stated it was among his first priority. He touted his HC plan as being covering more people, for less money, and better results.

And when Congress made a move on Obamacare what was Trump's input into the process? A few tweets.

Their effort failed because public opinion was heavily against a repeal with no replacement, and the replacement they cobbled together was worse in every way. It certainly was nowhere near what Trump had campaigned on.

Where was Trump's better HC plan? Where was his leadership in the legislative process? Neither showed up.

It appears clearly that in that issue Trump did not have even a remote understanding of the subject and certainly did not have any real plans to implement what he campaigned on. He called himself on it in saying "Nobody knew HC could be so complicated?" The reality is anyone who had looked into it for even a remote amount if time knew it was a complicated issue, anyone that knew the history of it knew it was a complicated issue. So why didn't Trump?

The only reasonable explanation is that he did not make any effort to educate himself on the subject. That's why he was ineffectual on that issue. And that has nothing to do with the "system" keeping him down. That's just a lazy man who doesn't want to read.
It shows he didn't even know why Obamacare was bad or why it should be replaced because he obviously didn't have any understanding of the issue whatsoever, yet people are still crowing that he's a great president. And because the Republicans in the government had no plan either, it's pretty clear they didn't know what they were complaining about either and yet they keep getting re-elected. I take this as further evidence Republican supporters are so blindly partisan that it literally makes no difference whatsoever how good a job any Democrat is doing, they are bad, and no matter how bad a job a Republican is doing, they are good. That seems very disloyal to the country to me. Edit: it's also pointlessly self-defeating.

Simultaneously hilarious and sad, laughable and gross, yet another heaping serving of hypocrisy nachos, ladies and gents. Dig in.

“His chief promises were that he would build the wall, defund planned parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things,” Carlson said.

I don’t think he’s capable of sustained focus. I don’t think he understands the system. I don’t think the Congress is on his side. I don’t think his own agencies support him.”

While Trump has asked some questions that he thinks needed to be asked, such as: “Why don’t our borders work?” and “What’s the point of Nato?” Carlson said he has done nothing to follow through on them once they have been posed.

Why not? Because legislating is too complex for Trump to grasp.

In order to pass legislation, “you really have to understand how it works and you have to be very focused on getting it done, and he knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, and surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do so. It’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things,” he said.

https://www.weltwoche.ch/ausgaben/2...ot-capable-die-weltwoche-ausgabe-49-2018.html

No president is going to pull off defunding planned parenthood or repealing Obama care, and the wall is putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.

People should get user to all the lies and broken promises in D.C., it's never going to change because the citizens collectively are too chickenshit and passive to do anything to change it.

Maybe he knows shit is about to go down for trump and he is distancing himself from trump.
<TheDonald>

Last edited:
So I see Tucker is only an idiot when he's saying things liberals don't like. Suddenly he's a genius when he says one thing they do like.

Remember you guys were celebrating a lynch mob beseiging this guy's house with his wife and kids inside a couple months ago.

Remember you guys were celebrating a lynch mob beseiging this guy's house with his wife and kids inside a couple months ago.

Who was doing that? Do you have a quote of it?

Back