Even if Khabib vs Ferg fight for the real belt..

notori0us1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it wouldn't feel legitimate because they never beat the champ. Conor would still be the champ with or without the belt. How can you feel like a champ if you say you were Khabib and you beat Ferg knowing that the only reason you have the belt is because the real champ got stripped?

Conor vs Ferg is for the fake belt. {<Mcgoat}

its called a paper champ. its nothing new in combat sports

Dumb thread.

How can you feel like the champ when you never defend a belt?

I like my ladder match idea. Instead of a belt we can just dangle McGregor.

Finally , you realized.......there is no one give a f about what you think at this moment, we already got what we want.

Because they're the best fighters in the division? Who, you know, actually climbed the ladder and shit

It'd feel legit to most fans I'd think. Conor is 1-1 with Nate diaz and has a tko win over Eddie. I think if Tony or Khabib got instant undeserved title shots like Conor they'd have the belt too.

Dumb thread.

How can you feel like the champ when you never defend a belt?
Conor was too busy making the UFC hundreds of millions of dollars. Last year was UFC's most profitable year all because of the one fight w/Floyd.

He trained 6 months and more for Floyd in a completely different sport and fought him in late August and then took a break, there just isn't enough time to train and negotiate for the right contract. The reason why the Dec 30 fight didn't happen was because they didn't come to a deal.

Beat Alvarez once or be on a ten fight win streak in the most stacked division in the UFC. Who should have more of a claim to be champion?

Tbh I've never cared much about the belts - I just want to see the best fights, I think Khabib vs Tony is the best fight and that Tony is the most proven lightweight in the world, similar to how Robert Whittaker was at middleweight. I don't necessarily need to see a fighter beat the previous champion in order to consider them the champion, I always thought of DC as the 'real' champion.

I think it just depends on circumstance, I genuinely forget that Tyron Woodley is the welterweight champion all the time - and that's not even me intentionally bashing him, it's just because of his fights.

TL;DR - I think Tony is a more proven champion in his division based on his performances than some UFC champions.

Of course they never beat the champ. The champ doesn’t fight.
He fought in late August less than 6 months ago in a fight which he spent 6 months training for. Also negotiations take a long time especially with someone like Conor, there's no way they could have negotiated a contract before Dec 30 whilst Conor being ready to fight.

You armchair analysts who sit on your asses judging fighters don't know shit about what's going behind the scenes.

Beat Alvarez once or be on a ten fight win streak in the most stacked division in the UFC. Who should have more of a claim to be champion?
The guy who beat the champion who was Eddie Alvarez at the time.

You only become the champ when you beat the champ. That's how it works..

Mcgregor isn't the real champion anymore. That belt is just a marketing tool for casuals. Tony vs Khabib is for the legitimate lightweight championship

Khabib and Tony are already proven best lightweights, one is undefeated, the other one is on 10 winstreak having beaten all the best in the division.
Connman at LW is what, 1-2 with a gifted titleshot? (and Diaz fight was even at 170 officially)
Conor made a mistake straying up, should've stayed where he belongs in a smaller easier weight-class.

it wouldn't feel legitimate because they never beat the champ. Conor would still be the champ with or without the belt. How can you feel like a champ if you say you were Khabib and you beat Ferg knowing that the only reason you have the belt is because the real champ got stripped?

Conor vs Ferg is for the fake belt. {<Mcgoat}
You’re opinion is wrong and stupid and so are you.

Back