Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
212.jpg

Nice video. Still makes me feel it in my heart when I see him talking.

Your shirt battery??

I want one sooo bad.

yes, that is the first team tanner shirt from the okami fight. i like the words he chose for the back. we all sent in pictures of ourselves in the team tanner shirt and evan put up a page of the "team members" on his website. it felt good to see him walk out in the same shirt for the fight, weigh-ins, etc., knowing that we were a part of it.

Posted on EvanTanner.net today

kendal grove said, on: September 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM

wish we could have gone at it again!!
you are a great warrior!!

:icon_sad:

why does it take death for people to come out and show there true appreciate for a man, like a kurt cobain, or heath, or any other athlete ,artist,actor?

There's no way to confirm whether or not these were actually written by the person's who signed the names but thought I'd post these too.

Posted on EvanTanner.net

Tim Sylvia said, on: September 13, 2008 at 10:28 PM
Human Spirit
Few have ever better exemplified human will and passion for personal victory. Evan inspired and greatly influenced all who were able to witness his unmeasurable desire.

Fedor Emelianenko said, on: September 10, 2008 at 04:12 PM
You will be missed
RIP, Evan!

I was always a fan of yours and it's a pity to see you go when you were so full of dreams and passionate about getting back to your winning ways in the octagon.

We'll meet one day... on the other side.

Vitor Belfort said, on: September 10, 2008 at 05:40 AM
R.I.P brother
R.I.P Evan, thank you for the great memories and inspiring me in the world of MMA, may Jesus be with you

Tito Ortiz said, on: September 10, 2008 at 03:53 AM
RIP
Thanks for all the great memories bro, you will be greatly missed Evan!

Pat Miletich said, on: September 9, 2008 at 10:28 PM
Memories
Always respected and will be missed. A guy that always did things his way and not many can ever say that. Prayers for you and yours, tough guy!!!

Pat Miletich

Sean Sherk said, on: September 8, 2008 at 11:37 PM
RIP

why does it take death for people to come out and show there true appreciate for a man, like a kurt cobain, or heath, or any other athlete ,artist,actor?

I think because death makes them human. You see them on tv and in movies, read about them in magazines and on the internet, but they never seem "real". There is another side to them created for the media. Then they pass away and you realize there was a real person there, with a family and a life. I think with Evan, one reason why there has been such a reaction to his passing is he shared his life with everyone and was truly on the same level. No bullshit, no fluff.

"Now you may ask if I regret it, if I would do it differently if I could, if I would take it back. NOT A CHANCE!!!!! I went for it. I put it all on the line. I always will. I knew what the consequences would be if I failed, and I was willing to accept them. So any of you reading who might be feeling a twinge of sympathy, don't. I made my decisions, and I accept the consequences. I'm no victim. And to those who are thinking about preaching at me, don't bother. I won't hear you. I haven't accomplished anything in this life worth remembering by playing it safe. That's boring to me anyway."

There's no way to confirm whether or not these were actually written by the person's who signed the names but thought I'd post these too.

Posted on EvanTanner.net

Fedor Emelianenko said, on: September 10, 2008 at 04:12 PM
You will be missed
RIP, Evan!

I was always a fan of yours and it's a pity to see you go when you were so full of dreams and passionate about getting back to your winning ways in the octagon.

We'll meet one day... on the other side.

Tito Ortiz said, on: September 10, 2008 at 03:53 AM
RIP

Sean Sherk said, on: September 8, 2008 at 11:37 PM
RIP

Interesting. Fedor's English seems to have improved dramatically, while Tito and Sean Sherk posted the same words.

Great minds think alike, I guess.

Interesting. Fedor's English seems to have improved dramatically, while Tito and Sean Sherk posted the same words.

Great minds think alike, I guess.

Probably fakes. :icon_neut

Someone posted as "Dana White" and said something real cruel.
Someone else posted as Matt Hughes, I think, and said something rude also.

I think because death makes them human. You see them on tv and in movies, read about them in magazines and on the internet, but they never seem "real". There is another side to them created for the media. Then they pass away and you realize there was a real person there, with a family and a life. I think with Evan, one reason why there has been such a reaction to his passing is he shared his life with everyone and was truly on the same level. No bullshit, no fluff.

Those are some of the truest statements I think I've ever read on Sherdog. Thanks for that explanation, I sincerely mean that.

its such bullshit evan is dead. it pisses me off he was one of my favorite fighters. i just hope he is in a better place now.

war evan

Evan you are one of the few fighters that was not scared to get in there and make it a fight. Never gave up in the Franklin fight just as you never gave up in life. You have really inspired me in my close future that I am set to do. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS

ufc.com has posted another short tribute video for evan, this time with eric schafer, ed herman and alan belcher saying a few words...

UFC Video Center

One thing that's truer, regardless of what is said or written, is that Evan Tanner was a good man. He embodied martial arts' essence of humility and wisdom and his free spirit inspired many to pursue things that they previously disregarded as mere fantasy. And while others like me will selfishly miss him, we can all find some solace in knowing that he's in a better place. Rest in peace, brother; we all love you.

Evan Tanner: 1971-2008

"Lets Say your life's a work of art, a great picture;Everything I've done has been a brush stroke on what will hopefully be a great work of art" - Evan Tanner

One thing that's truer, regardless of what is said or written, is that Evan Tanner was a good man. He embodied martial arts' essence of humility and wisdom and his free spirit inspired many to pursue things that they previously disregarded as mere fantasy. And while others like me will selfishly miss him, we can all find some solace in knowing that he's in a better place. Rest in peace, brother; we all love you.

Evan Tanner: 1971-2008

This made me cry. :icon_neut
Beautiful tribute Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back