Evan Dunham retiring after UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

September 22 will be my last fight. I can retire from the sport that I love with my head held high. I know that I never held anything back while in the cage and September 22 will be no different. My goals and priorities have shifted throughout the years and I am ready to concentrate on building my gym, as well as any new opportunities that come my way.

I have gone toe 2 toe with many of the worlds best competitors and I am truly grateful for this. My passion for Jiu Jitsu will continue to be a driving force in my gym and at select Jiu Jitsu competitions.

I want to thank my family, friends and fans for all of your support throughout the years.

Always been a fan , one of the few old school guys left in the ufc imo

Dude always came to fight and gave Sherk one hell of a final fight (In which many felt he was robbed even) I also felt Dunham should have got the nod over RDA. Best of luck to him in the future.

Running a gym is way better than receiving CTE. Good on him.

Solid career, best of luck to him. Trinaldo won't be an easy fight but hopefully he can go out on a W.

Dude always came to fight and gave Sherk one hell of a final fight (In which everyone felt he was robbed even) I also felt Dunham should have got the nod over RDA. Best of luck to him in the future.
fixed

Dudes been in some awesome fucking fights. Just watched his fights with TJ Grant and RDA the other day. Hope he goes out on a win!

Dude always brings it. He got robbed big time in the Sherk fight.

Hate to see him go but glad it’s on his own terms. Good on him for knowing when the time is right.

War Dunham

damn good fighter. he's been in the UFC since 2009. well-rounded and put on some good performances. couldn't quite make it to the top of the LW division, but very respected fighter.

Man brought many a fun scrap. Props and all that.

September 22 will be my last fight. I can retire from the sport that I love with my head held high. I know that I never held anything back while in the cage and September 22 will be no different. My goals and priorities have shifted throughout the years and I am ready to concentrate on building my gym, as well as any new opportunities that come my way.

I have gone toe 2 toe with many of the worlds best competitors and I am truly grateful for this. My passion for Jiu Jitsu will continue to be a driving force in my gym and at select Jiu Jitsu competitions.

I want to thank my family, friends and fans for all of your support throughout the years.

Great representative of how UFC fighters should conduct themselves. Also, big fan the his jab (the fist held vertically). Best of luck to him in his retirement fight and at his gym!

damn, it feels like yesterday when he was fighting Sherk coming up on the rise. Always was a fan of the guy, he always came to fight. Hope he does well in his life after fighting

Damn I remember when he first came on. Thought for sure he would fight for the belt one day. Nonetheless, he had some nice fights on the big stage

all the best to him. I remember when he had a short stint as a LW contender

Good on him knowing when to hang em up and move on. Good fighter, never made it to the top but damn did he have some wars in his career.

Still remember his fight with Sherk and thinking he was robbed, wish him all the success in the future.

thought he would end up better. he peaked around when sherk got that decision some think dunham deserved.

Back