Europe's top leaders are all childless

But that is not really true, is it? If you look at South Korea and Japan they have the strongest tradition, pride and family values from all industrialised countries.
And they also have the lowest birth rate or among them. What they do have in common with western countries is their economic standards.
That is really the most important factor by far when it come to birthrate. The economic situation.

The richest countries in the world Monaco and Singapore also happen to have the lowest birthrate.

I don't know enough about South Korea and Japan to know what they are doing there, but it's possible they are fine with lowering their population levels in anticipation for automation.

I definitely acknowledge that there are pressures in play in modern developed economies (such as the difficulty to have a full time parent because of cost of living and pressure for young women to focus on career), but it isn't the whole story.

But either way, you can still see the difference between religious and non-religious groups within the context of developed Western nations and see that there is a difference in birth rates. Also, look at Israel with a very high birth rate.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about South Korea and Japan to know what they are doing there, but it's possible they are fine with lowering their population levels in anticipation for automation.

I definitely acknowledge that there are pressures in play in modern developed economies (such as the difficulty to have a full time parent because of cost of living), but it isn't the whole story.

But either way, you can still see the difference between religious and non-religious groups within the context of developed Western nations and see that there is a difference in birth rates. Also, look at Israel with a very high birth rate.

Japan and South Korea a desperately trying to bring up their birth rates. Especially Japan is in some real trouble because they have a rapidly ageing population.
That already start to cause some real problems in the farming industry. People work way past their retirement age.

I think it comes down to that in independent countries where you don't need children to survive because of social security.
The most women simply don't want more than 1 or 2 children. For economic and personal reasons.
But I do agree you could probably bring it up a bit with better policies.
But the days of women having 3 or more kids are over. Those will be the exception.

Japan and South Korea a desperately trying to bring up their birth rates. Especially Japan is in some real trouble because they have a rapidly ageing population.
That already start to cause some real problems in the farming industry. People work way past their retirement age.

I think it comes down to that in independent countries where you don't need children to survive because of social security.
The most women simply don't want more than 1 or 2 children. For economic and personal reasons.
But I do agree you could probably bring it up a bit with better policies.
But the days of women having 3 or more kids are over. Those will be the exception.

Yeah I agree from a pragmatic perspective it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a really big family unless it's a value thing (like some religions encourage large families and some non-religious people just love children) and it seems to me like having a gradually shrinking population makes sense because of automation.

The desires of people are affected by culture in large part though, which is heavily affected by what is promoted and what is demoted in importance over time. The mass marketing industry knows.

It does become a little silly, these types of problems, when the establishment is pushing things like the elimination of gender roles.. It's pretty clear that family is not a priority when this is going on.

Last edited:
Europe is already gone and past the point of return. In truth, it hasn't played any kind of a role on the world stage since 1945. All the "fight" was taken out of the citizens at that point.

The goal of the average European man nowadays, is to live out his pathetic life relatively undisturbed. That's all that most men expect out of their life. To do a minimal duty which may satisfy their conscience enough, in order to be content with neglecting all other responsibilities.

It is no surprise that the leadership of the present, irresponsible and emotionally detached as they are when it comes to real-world problems, despite desperately juking the statistics elsewhere to avoid having Europe exposed as the bubble that it is, fail miserably at their most important task, which is to ensure that the citizens are reproducing and raising further generations to respect European values.

This is true. Europe is doomed.

How we yearn for glorious pre-1945 days:

ourworldindata_percentage-of-years-in-which-the-great-powers-fought-one-another-1500%E2%80%932000.png

And of course, the pre-1500 days were sweet as well. Europe during the Middle Ages was a beacon for advancement and human progress.

It's a fucking horrible idea.

What's the alternative? Put an end to homosexual/gender-bender propaganda, emphasize traditional relationships and gender roles between men and women, emphasize the value of traditional marriage and its greater purpose of raising healthy children, emphasize the reproductive rather than recreational role of sex, decrease the number of abortions, de-emphasize the use of contraceptives, focus resources on families rather than trying to turn every single individual into an optimal, isolated productive unit, etc.

It's not rocket-science people. If freaking Vladimir Putin was able to turn around a dying-off, post-Soviet Russian population, to reproducing at a great rate, what's our excuse?

Creation of internal enemies is necessary for the creation of this biopolitical state that you're proposing and it's quite clear that western Europe has wanted to avoid that at all costs.

Europe is home to the highest order of Cucklords. That place is done and our European ancestors look on in disgrace at the current crop of Europeons.

its not just a more stuff thing. actually, thats probably never what it is.

what if you have 30k in student loans and dont feel like you can start a family, until its really too late to do so?

what if you have a career that you love, and having kids could jeopardize that?

what if you want to be able to read a book, or go to the movies without an act of congress?

some people may just like simple lives, and in an industrial economy, kids will not keep your life simple.

some people couldnt see their lives without kids, and thats fine too. different strokes for different folks.

This attitude should be the exception, not the rule it is quickly becoming. It's definitely telling that we're ignoring basic biology and the very thing that drives us so we can "watch a movie and read a book", or because it's an inconvenience.

RIP family values, we hardly knew ye.

When is the last time you have been in Europe and which countries have you visited?

Europe is finished. Don't try arguing to the contrary. Leftists such as yourself can't even spell 'civilisation', let alone define it, and anything even remotely 'European' in character you despise with all your might.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10306/childless-europe

Europe’s Childless Leaders Sleepwalking Us to Disaster

"There have never been so many childless politicians leading Europe as today. They are modern, open minded and multicultural and they know that “everything finishes with them”. In the short term, being childless is a relief since it means no spending for families, no sacrifices and that no one complains about the future consequences. As in a research report financed by the European Union: “No kids, no problem!“.

Being a mother or a father, however, means that you have a very real stake in the future of the country you lead. Europe’s most important leaders leave no children behind.

Europe’s most important leaders are all childless: German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte and the French presidential hopeful Emmanuel Macron."

Europe is committing suicide. Or at least its leaders have decided to commit suicide”, wrote Douglas Murray in The Times. “Europe today has little desire to reproduce itself, fight for itself or even take its own side in an argument”.

MGTOW FOR LIFE!!!

The problem is that a "modern industrial economy" will collapse into a heap if the population is not being actively replaced.

But the problem is, countries with a "modern industrialised economy" have very little love for life and refuse to reproduce. Evidence of this can be found in all Western countries and east Asia. They are all atheistic, materialistic & worship money. Godless, capitalistic societies have a very short lifespan.

Also Theresa May.

I guess she was left out for political reasons, no? Or is she just not important?

May is a pro-multiculturalism/mass immigration globalist like the rest.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10306/childless-europe

Europe’s Childless Leaders Sleepwalking Us to Disaster

"There have never been so many childless politicians leading Europe as today. They are modern, open minded and multicultural and they know that “everything finishes with them”. In the short term, being childless is a relief since it means no spending for families, no sacrifices and that no one complains about the future consequences. As in a research report financed by the European Union: “No kids, no problem!“.

Being a mother or a father, however, means that you have a very real stake in the future of the country you lead. Europe’s most important leaders leave no children behind.

Europe’s most important leaders are all childless: German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte and the French presidential hopeful Emmanuel Macron."

Europe is committing suicide. Or at least its leaders have decided to commit suicide”, wrote Douglas Murray in The Times. “Europe today has little desire to reproduce itself, fight for itself or even take its own side in an argument”.

suspect-something-is.jpg

which explains the allowing of young immigrants.

you may say this is a bad idea too, but whats the alternative?

Well for one don't promote the very ideology which does the most to lower the birthrate: feminism.

Yea that sounds like an empty, soulless life. Existence is probably a better word. No I don't want to start a family because my career is more important. Yikes, I can't even imagine how full of regret and misery that person would be if they make it to old age. Someone who values the ability to go see the latest Hollywood blockbuster over having a family is pretty messed up to me. Not that you can't go watch movies without your kids anyway - I haven't found life with children to be so unbearably difficult and all-encompassing like you're portraying here. Life with children can be very simple. Just look at mine. I mean anyone who reads my posts knows that I'm simple, but my life is as well. This is all just my opinion, as you say it's different strokes for different folks. I'm just disturbed by how many people here are the kind of folks who would rather dedicate their lives to consumerism and materialism than have a family. Most people I know that are my age (I turn 35 this year) don't have kids and waste all their money on bullshit they don't need. In a few more years most of them will realize how empty their lives are, then have an autistic kid in their early 40s and try keeping up with him while they're already old and grey and miserable. I have 2 kids and I'm trying hard for more because they're the greatest blessing I've ever received in my life.

whats with the blaming this on consumerism? there probably are some who just want more money to buy things for themselves, but there are also those who simply dont have the money to responsibly start a family. there are also those who have dedicated their lives to some profession, and simply dont have time or want kids for that reason. that doesnt mean theyre executives who just want to make a lot of money.....it could mean theyre archaeologists who are just super passionate about their field. harder to make discoveries and write textbooks if youre watching kids too. many people do it, but many choose not to.

who are you to say what fulfills other people's lives? some people want kids and kids make them happy in their old age. others want different things than that. some are weirdos, and some just want other things.....like some people like chocolate and others want vanilla.

This attitude should be the exception, not the rule it is quickly becoming. It's definitely telling that we're ignoring basic biology and the very thing that drives us so we can "watch a movie and read a book", or because it's an inconvenience.

RIP family values, we hardly knew ye.

people's lives are busier than theyve ever been. hence all the talk about "work life balance." we have computers now so we can do more, and do it more quickly. because of that though, we're expected to do more, and do it more quickly than ever before. for many, its just easier to not have kids.

has nothing to do with family values. go to any culture on earth and give them a modern industrial economy....in that atmosphere kids are a burden. so if you want kids, you have to really want them in order to have them. or just have them by accident.

Well for one don't promote the very ideology which does the most to lower the birthrate: feminism.

lol

industrial economy = lower birthrate regardless of the culture or ideology you find in that industrial economy

you could have a country that completely subjugates women and guess what? if youve industrialized, your birthrate will still drop.

lol

industrial economy = lower birthrate regardless of the culture or ideology you find in that industrial economy

Israel is an exception, and the same goes with various religious subgroups in other developed nations.

Unless you just mean 'lower than they would be' which is probably true across the board. But that doesn't mean 'low to the point of unsustainability'

Back