Eugenics is banned by WADA

What kind of argument is that lol

I don't understand what you're trying to say here

He is saying there are rules in sport among them is you cant used banned substances.
If you are NOT partaking in said sport you are free to use what ever you want with in the law.
You know IIRC correctly caffeine and alcohol are on the banned list, does that mean you cant drink no. Just not while competing.

Jon Jones:

“I had dick implant surgery, and i woke up faster and stronger. Not my fault.”

He is saying there are rules in sport among them is you cant used banned substances.
If you are NOT partaking in said sport you are free to use what ever you want with in the law.
You know IIRC correctly caffeine and alcohol are on the banned list, does that mean you cant drink no. Just not while competing.

I am pretty sure if important medical advancements are made in CISPR they will make exceptions. If an athlete can suddenly complately recover from an ACL tear, heal spine injuries like herniated discs or for combat sports heal CTE then it wouldn't be sane not to allow these things. At the moment you can't do it anyway so the rule is fine but I can't imagine that they don't adjust the rules in many years.

it would be the difference between an athlete having to retire and not being able to make a living and them having a career. Also some fighters then might not take the treatment and continue fighting and worsen their injury

I find it funny how WADA is banning gene doping, yet they don't have a way to test for it, lol!

91ojoQyF07L._RI_.jpg

0_gattaca_poster.jpg

It's strange because I work with machines and data all day, but I'd like to believe there's something irreproducible and indomitable about the human spirit.

Last edited:
lpByPXb2xJvsmeEBxO9YPADLLdi.jpg

0_gattaca_poster.jpg

It's strange because I work with machines and data all day, but I'd like to believe there's something irreproducible and indomitable about the human spirit.
What's so special about the human spirit?

What kind of argument is that lol

I don't understand what you're trying to say here
You said people shouldn't be able to control other people's lives by protecting them from themselves. That's a libertarian argument that is levied against a government that passes nanny laws like you have to wear a seatbelt, you can't do drugs, there has to be a lifeguard at a public pool, etc. WADA is not a government, they are not passing laws that everyone must follow, they are making rules on what consists of doping in sports. If your sports organization uses WADA to police doping in the sport, you have to follow their rules or don't play.

Yes, i am aware what rules are..

I still don't get how any of you have provided an explanation of why this particular one is there?

You said people shouldn't be able to control other people's lives by protecting them from themselves. That's a libertarian argument that is levied against a government that passes nanny laws like you have to wear a seatbelt, you can't do drugs, there has to be a lifeguard at a public pool, etc. WADA is not a government, they are not passing laws that everyone must follow, they are making rules on what consists of doping in sports. If your sports organization uses WADA to police doping in the sport, you have to follow their rules or don't play.
Yes, again, i am aware what rules are.. not sure why you think i'm not or why you're telling me this

It should be banned. What if they crossed a human with a white gorilla? He'd probably capture the heavyweight title within a couple of fights. What if they crossed a a mullet-haired caveman with a sumo wrestler? We'd get a fighter with a deadly fist and impervious to strikes to the gut.
Lol

Steroids are banned because they're bad for you. Gene editing is good for you, so they should allow it.

And aside from sports, and I'm pretty exited for this technology. Wouldn't mind having my genes edited to correct some undesirable crap.

Back