Eubank Jr. vs. Quinlan

I don't like that stoppage. He was still throwing hooks, trying to time Eubanks and clip him. Defending himself, IMO.

Edit to add, Eubanks was killing him, nothing against that, just I let that go further if I'm the ref.

I'd have done the same. He didn't look too beaten up, and his head was still there. He just wasn't fighting smart.

I'd love to see a rematch down the line, but something tells me that'd never happen.

If the IBO values itself and its own champions, they would sanction a rematch in the future, but if that were to happen I'm sure Eubank Jr would just vacate the belt. But I'd love to see Quinlan make a comeback some day.

I think he wants GGG next but GGG is scared of him
Too bad Eubank forgot to sign the contract. Maybe next time he'll remember that a fight isn't official until he signs a contract.

Renold looking like he didn't just go thru 10 rounds of boxing. Looking fresh as hell, not a scratch on him.

Hope Chris Eubum Jr gives him a rematch in the future.

Eubank has no chance against GGG after this performance.
He will avoid GGG

I like Jr but his power is very overrated

In his defense he got to pick up an easy belt tonight for show and advertisement he can use to sell his name against better opponents.

The belt is worthless, he still brings nothing to the table. He needs to beat another world ranked fighter and fight for a real world title. His old man seems to be more of a hindrance than a good advisor/manager. Instead of Blackwell he should've been looking at the BJS rematch, or another top MW, or challenging one of the British smw's and getting in one of eddies cards. Martin Murray would've been ideal, a step up, world ranked and a bit past his sell by date so not too dangerous.

I like Jr but his power is very overrated

He doesn't have big power at all, but he has stopped over 80% of his opponents. Pretty damn good for someone who lacks power but partly due to the guys he's fighting though

Renold looking like he didn't just go thru 10 rounds of boxing. Looking fresh as hell, not a scratch on him.

No one wants to see a rematch!

Eubank doesn't mark up many of his opponents, probably because he uses his right uppercut so much. It's the damage you can't see is the problem and quinlan eat them all night. That fight was stopped at the right time, no doubt

The belt is worthless, he still brings nothing to the table. He needs to beat another world ranked fighter and fight for a real world title. His old man seems to be more of a hindrance than a good advisor/manager. Instead of Blackwell he should've been looking at the BJS rematch, or another top MW, or challenging one of the British smw's and getting in one of eddies cards. Martin Murray would've been ideal, a step up, world ranked and a bit past his sell by date so not too dangerous.
Its not worthless. It adds slight value to selling his next fight. It simply sounds better no matter what letters are in front of it to casuals.
I dont think hes ready for any of the big names. Thats why his team is all talk instead of throwing him to wolves.
Just because we want to see the hype train derailed doesnt mean a whole team of people including JR himself wants their gravy train to end.

No one wants to see a rematch!

Eubank doesn't mark up many of his opponents, probably because he uses his right uppercut so much. It's the damage you can't see is the problem and quinlan eat them all night. That fight was stopped at the right time, no doubt
Lol @ people wanting a rematch for that garbage non competitive ugly fight.
Great stoppage. Did Quinlann and the fans a big favor.

Chavez Jr vs Eubanks Jr would of made a lot of sense. Too bad Chavez hit the Canelo lottery.

Its not worthless. It adds slight value to selling his next fight. It simply sounds better no matter what letters are in front of it to casuals.
I dont think hes ready for any of the big names. Thats why his team is all talk instead of throwing him to wolves.
Just because we want to see the hype train derailed doesnt mean a whole team of people including JR himself wants their gravy train to end.

I'm not interested in seeing him get smashed, I think he's an exciting fighter and he has some skills. I think he's been ready for the better fighters since his loss to BJS, who went on and won the WBO soon after (and has since held the belt hostage). He is a better fighter than Saunders and shouldn't have lost that first fight. He was lazy in the first 6 rounds, maybe inexperience was the issue.

Moving to smw is a good idea as he avoids ggg and has at least 4 big domestic fights. The champions are generally more beatable. Even the casuals over here know the IBO is worthless. a win against Martin murray puts him in the top ten and and means more than his belt imo

Lol @ people wanting a rematch for that garbage non competitive ugly fight.
Great stoppage. Did Quinlann and the fans a big favor.

Chavez Jr vs Eubanks Jr would of made a lot of sense. Too bad Chavez hit the Canelo lottery.

Absolutely agree!

Chavez jr is a good shout. I'd definately watch that fight

Last edited:
I'm not interested in seeing him get smashed, I think he's an exciting fighter and he has some skills. I think he's been ready for the better fighters since his loss to BJS, who went on and won the WBO soon after (and has since held the belt hostage). He is a better fighter than Saunders and shouldn't have lost that first fight. He was lazy in the first 6 rounds, maybe inexperience was the issue.

Moving to smw is a good idea as he avoids ggg and has at least 4 big domestic fights. The champions are generally more beatable. Even the casuals over here know the IBO is worthless. a win against Martin murray puts him in the top ten and and means more than his belt imo
Casuals dont know the belts. A win over Murray isnt going to be that huge. Or add $ to his price tag. I agree a better fight for sure. But this was better for marketing and to stay busy. Just saying Champion on the billing adds value IBO or not.
I do agree that those are perfect fights for him and pretty spot on for his level. But they are very risky for him and could cost him big pay days. His name is unfortunately already getting bigger and more buzz than those two. His team may be trying to skip those risks off name sake alone.

Was hoping Canelo would take the belt from BJS so GGG would go after him even more.

Absolutely agree!

Chavez jr is a good shout. I'd definately watch that fight
You could of marketed the heck out of that one. Would be huge. Both guys with boxing crazed countries right now and built in followings. Would sell off their fathers alone. Lol
Wouldnt have to worry about Chavez Jr missing or trying to make a ridiculous weight either. Heck of a test for Eubanks Jr.

Too bad i think Canelo is going to retire Chavez Jr.

Why would there be a rematch? This fight wasn't close in any way shape or form. It was a complete whitewash 10 rounds to nothing. They are fighters on two different levels.

I think the future is bright for Eubank even though he doesn't have his fathers one punch KO power. He does make mistakes though like Lennox alluded too when he kept loading up those wild left hooks. He did the same in the Saunders fight and imho is why he lost that fight, kept loading up on single punches that would miss and leave him badly out of position. He needs to nip that in the bud because he won't get away with it against a proper world class opponent.

I'd have done the same. He didn't look too beaten up, and his head was still there. He just wasn't fighting smart.

I'd love to see a rematch down the line, but something tells me that'd never happen.

If the IBO values itself and its own champions, they would sanction a rematch in the future, but if that were to happen I'm sure Eubank Jr would just vacate the belt. But I'd love to see Quinlan make a comeback some day.

Are you kidding? He had nothing for Eubank, took a systematic beating.

Back