Eternal Champions (Successors)

Crimson Fury

Elijah Modnar
@Silver
Reaction score
http://shoryuken.com/2017/04/13/the...has-a-name-and-some-sweet-new-mockup-renders/

As previously reported, Eternal Champions producer Michael Latham is working on a new project that aims to be the game’s spiritual successor (if not a new sequel outright, if they can get the rights). Now, in a new update on our forums, the team has revealed that the project now has a proper name.

The working title is “Eternal Successors”–an obvious reference that the game is a follow-up to Sega’s seminal 2D fighter from the ’90s. While the name does sadly remind us that they still don’t have the rights to use the original IP, at least we know that there’s a plan in place to move forward with or without them.

eternal_succcessor_mockup_750.jpg

It could be fun. The Fatalities put Mortal Kombat to shame at the time.

The Fatalities put Mortal Kombat to shame at the time.
I never played it on Genesis but the Sega CD version (Challenge from the Darkside) had some ridiculously gory kills.
Did you ever play Cosmic Carnage on 32X? It was a similar game although not nearly as gory.

I never played it on Genesis but the Sega CD version (Challenge from the Darkside) had some ridiculously gory kills.
Did you ever play Cosmic Carnage on 32X? It was a similar game although not nearly as gory.

Yeah, it was one of those shitty games trying to cash in on the MK craze.

Only played the original on my 32x and honestly had no idea there was an awesome sequel until a few years ago.

Found my original copy of the Mega Drive version out about a month ago or so, my brothers used to play this loads

I remmeber I tried to get my dad to sign me up for a praying mantis kung fu class cause of that detective guy. It was like over $100 a month though and he was like 'uuhh no'. I was 12 at the time. I could have been the greatest praying mantis practitioner and UFC champ at this point. Ah well.

Remember Time Killers?

<6>

The Sega CD version was probably the top gore game of that era. The gore was inventive too, not just showers of the same organs everywhere.

I liked Time Killers. Played that and Bloodstorm in the arcade, How often can you lop off both your opponents' legs in a match and they will continue to fight you?

WeaponLord was the best one. It really was ahead of it's time.

Back