ESPN+

Ingjr

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So we get to pay another $50 a year to watch the fights we've been watching for years for free. If you want to watch a whole event you have to pay for fight pass for the early prelims, cable and espn+ for the card we use to get for free and then another $60 if it's a PPV. UFC is pricing me right out of being a fan. Yes, I'm poor before anyone brings it up.

No , that’s stupid if that’s true.

I don’t have cable anymore so I just stream anyways, but I kind of wish they didn’t go to ESPN

its only going to hurt the UFC in the long run. They just thinking money short term but this will put ppl off long term. Or they need to make it cheaper.

No , that’s stupid if that’s true.

I don’t have cable anymore so I just stream anyways, but I kind of wish they didn’t go to ESPN

If you stream anyway, what are you complaining about?

Makes no sense that the people who dont chip in to support a company are the ones who complain the most. Just keep streaming and mind your business

This is like the guy who only shows up to the bar for happy hour draft beer and free peanuts complaining that it will now cost him $4 a month.

I thought ESPN+ was basically gonna serve the same role as fight pass

You're gonna have to subscribe to Fight Pass and ESPN+ to watch the card in entirety???

Fuck outta here, Dana really done goofed on this one.

From what I've heard, and it's only rumor, they might be doing some Fight Pass events, too. So ESPN+ isn't getting 100% of the early prelims.

Nope Fight Pass will still show the prelims to PPV fights like they do now plus offer all the usual benefits of fight pass (PPVs, TV shows, Collections, etc.) ESPN+ is the switch from FS1 and Fox. Typical free cards we would catch on FS1 will be offered on ESPN+ at $5/month and then other free cards will be shown on ESPN similar to the UFC on Fox cards.

I'm personally not buying into ESPN+ at all, I've checked out it's other perks and they play one NHL game, a bunch of D3 basketball games and other little documentaries. They offer also like special ESPN articles to read. I'll just be streaming the ESPN+ fights. I know it's only $5/month but it seems pointless to have just to watch low-level cards once a month ya know? I've kept my fight pass tho I love it.

From what I understand ESPN+ will be showing prelims and main cards. ESPN or ESPN+ cards should be viewable completely using one of those platforms or a combination of them. UFC Fight pass prelims will no longer be a thing and fight pass exclusive cards will remain. There is also rumor that if you have ESPN+ you will be able to get fight pass for an additional 5/month, which would make ESPN+ and FP the same price as FP right now. So in summation from what it appears currently if you already pay for FP then getting ESPN+ will cost you nothing extra and could be less if you choose.

I agree with you TS, its too much money. I was dumb and thought ESPN+ is a new TV channel, thats what I thought and yes it was kind of explained like that at the start, but its not, its a streaming subscription that you have to pay for, and I already pay for fightpass, so why should I pay for something else, its not like PPV's are included, so its a pass from me, i'm not prepared to pay for something new. its just more and more money all the time out of the fans.

In January once the FS1 cards are finished I'm switching from Playstation Vue for $45 a month to sling tv for $25 a month. I'll be very happy about the move because I'll start having comedy central again, which IMO has the best shows for kind of but not really watching.

If you are a MMA fan you can pony up 50 bucks for a whole year of cards. you people act like its 500 or 5000 ffs.

If you stream anyway, what are you complaining about?

Makes no sense that the people who dont chip in to support a company are the ones who complain the most. Just keep streaming and mind your business

Because...
What if the guys who put the streams up can't afford it anymore?

<DCrying>

FS1 isn’t free. You’re paying for it with your cable subscription. Time to cut the cord. Just do antenna for broadcast and get the streaming packages for the sports. Simple

I'm cutting off the half of SlingTV that has Fox Sports and adding ESPN+. This will actually save me money.

I don't understand why the UFC is switching to ESPN+ for many of its fights. I don't get what they think they will gain.

Back