ESPN will stream 12 Top Rank cards via new ESPN+ App for $4.99/month

Try to read it more slowly, the answer is pretty clear.

Dude... Re-read my last comment that article doesn't say anything about whether or not they are going to include it with a cable sub or not, or if that content will be part of the ESPN app that already exists with a cable sub. Like HBO GO and HBO NOW. I don't see why it's necessary for you to be so cynical about this.

Dude... Re-read my last comment that article doesn't say anything about whether or not they are going to include it with a cable sub or not, or if that content will be part of the ESPN app that already exists with a cable sub. Like HBO GO and HBO NOW. I don't see why it's necessary for you to be so cynical about this.
The answer to that is 100% clear in the article. You might not like the answer, but it's there explicitly and by inference.

The answer to that is 100% clear in the article. You might not like the answer, but it's there explicitly and by inference.

I read the article again for the 3rd time and for some reason I missed the exclusively part.

In addition to the cards being televised on ESPN on a regular basis since the deal began in July, Top Rank and the network have amended their agreement to add another 12 cards that will stream exclusively on the ESPN+ subscription app that is due to launch this spring.

You didn't need to be a douche about though you could have just said something...

<3>

No, HBO is through amazon and showtime is through Hulu.

Im going to have to check it out. As I have Amazon Prime and have seen the HBO content on there but never really bothered to mess with it.

Meh, still a cunty move of them. They already make us pay for espn, they're losing money and they're trying to get any more cash out of us as possible. I get it, not much of a payment, but it's still kind of scummy. Sorry skinny bundles are ruining your business, assholes, you don't have to take it out on the ppl who already pay for your shit, tho.

So basically every top rank card is now a 5 dollar pay per view? No thanks.

Yeah when you browse through their header selections such as hbo series and hbo movies, at the end there is a watch live option. It's got different channels and timezones.

Nice I'll have to check this out. Their HBO Now app didn't have any live option the last time I checked. Showtime has been steady streaming live TV since 2012 I think. It's about time HBO caught up.

I wanna say something so badly rn, lol. I'm sitting here like I gotta piss like a racehorse, but there's no rest stop for another 10 miles.....

Meh, still a cunty move of them. They already make us pay for espn, they're losing money and they're trying to get any more cash out of us as possible. I get it, not much of a payment, but it's still kind of scummy. Sorry skinny bundles are ruining your business, assholes, you don't have to take it out on the ppl who already pay for your shit, tho.
ESPN stands to make more money this way.

The amount of people that will shell out $4.99 (and potentially continue the subscription) probably pays more than the advertisement/commercial money based on the ratings of the show

$5 a month.

Better for people like me with no cable subscription

Bullshit for people like me who already pay for ESPN.
12 cards = 1/month max.
4.99 per fight card.

Fuck them.

Incorrect. Reading is fundamental people.
Fuck the fuck off.

It says 12 cards this year. 5 dollars a month. Thats an average of one card/month at 5 dollars a pop.

Fuck the fuck off.

It says 12 cards this year. 5 dollars a month. Thats an average of one card/month at 5 dollars a pop.
I'm actually going to explain this to you because I'm getting weary of being snarky and the difficulty of nearly everyone to be able to parse this article for the relevant information has long ceased to be funny. If you read my rant above you'll see that I, as a person who pays for satellite tv, am not happy about this development either. To the point: It's NOT true what you said that every Top Rank card is going to in effect cost $5 per card. Only the 12 planned cards that will be exclusive to the ESPN+ app will cost you money that way. Top Rank will still be putting who knows how many different boxing cards on ESPN on tv that will not be part of the ESPN+ app that won't cost anything extra other than your cable subscription.

I'm actually going to explain this to you because I'm getting weary of being snarky and the difficulty of nearly everyone to be able to parse this article for the relevant information has long ceased to be funny. If you read my rant above you'll see that I, as a person who pays for satellite tv, am not happy about this development either. To the point: It's NOT true what you said that every Top Rank card is going to in effect cost $5 per card. Only the 12 planned cards that will be exclusive to the ESPN+ app will cost you money that way. Top Rank will still be putting who knows how many different boxing cards on ESPN on tv that will not be part of the ESPN+ app that won't cost anything extra other than your cable subscription.
How many cards do you believe Top Rank is going to air on ESPN besides these 12? You think they have the roster to televise more than 12 cards in a year?
In addition to the cards being televised on ESPN on a regular basis since the deal began in July, Top Rank and the network have amended their agreement to add another 12 cards that will stream exclusively on the ESPN+ subscription app that is due to launch this spring......For $4.99 a month,

Thats an average of 5 bucks per card for the year.

How many cards do you believe Top Rank is going to air on ESPN besides these 12? You think they have the roster to televise more than 12 cards in a year?
In addition to the cards being televised on ESPN on a regular basis since the deal began in July, Top Rank and the network have amended their agreement to add another 12 cards that will stream exclusively on the ESPN+ subscription app that is due to launch this spring......For $4.99 a month,

Thats an average of 5 bucks per card for the year.
I guess we're going to find out soon. Will be pretty lame if they do put all the Top Rank cards solely on the subscription app and just put the mostly lesser Golden Boy cards on ESPN or ESPN2 on tv. Cord cutting is the worst thing to happen to entertainment.

I guess we're going to find out soon. Will be pretty lame if they do put all the Top Rank cards solely on the subscription app and just put the mostly lesser Golden Boy cards on ESPN or ESPN2 on tv. Cord cutting is the worst thing to happen to entertainment.

Lol this is exactly what they're gonna do. Lesser cards on free TV, the slightly bigger cards on ESPN+.

Back