ESPN will stream 12 Top Rank cards via new ESPN+ App for $4.99/month

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welp. I'm already paying 11.99 a month for Showtime OTT, might as well pay $4.99 for ESPN OTT.
That makes it 2/3 major boxing networks that I'll have for $17 a month.

This might explain Terence Crawford's "injury".

There will be even more Top Rank boxing events coming to ESPN as part of its long-term agreement with the network.

In addition to the cards being televised on ESPN on a regular basis since the deal began in July, Top Rank and the network have amended their agreement to add another 12 cards that will stream exclusively on the ESPN+ subscription app that is due to launch this spring.

Jimmy Pitaro, the new president of ESPN and the co-chairman of Disney Media Networks, made the announcement at a town hall with staff on Wednesday at company headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut.

About midway through the hourlong program, Pitaro said, "Now is a pretty good time to make an announcement. We have closed an amendment to our partnership with Top Rank Boxing where we will now have exclusive access to stream 12 very, very high quality cards as a part of the ESPN+ app. That will include the upcoming [Terence] Crawford-[Jeff] Horn fight. This is going to be very, very impactful to the ESPN+ experience. We couldn't be more excited. It's really, really good news for us."

Top Rank president Todd duBoef declined to comment to ESPN on Pitaro's announcement other than to confirm the plans.

ESPN+ will be ESPN's first-ever multisport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service. For $4.99 a month, subscribers will receive thousands of live college and professional sports events, including MLB, NHL and MLS games, college sports, boxing, golf, tennis, international rugby and cricket not available on ESPN's linear TV or digital networks. There will also be on-demand content and original programming.
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22768787/espn-top-rank-add-12-more-cards-broadcast-agreement

Does Showtime stream live events through their app? or are they like HBO and get the replay a week later.
Showtime streams live events, and you can watch it via phone/app, computer browser, any streaming device.

I dont have cable, and HBO sucks and doesnt stream it live (and also costs more), so I dont subscribe to HBO. Whats even worse is that HBO doesnt even put the fights up the next day. They put it up 3 days later. Showtime puts their fights up On Demand overnight after the fights.

Showtime streams live events, and you can watch it via phone/app, computer browser, any streaming device.

I dont have cable, and HBO sucks and doesnt stream it live (and also costs more), so I dont subscribe to HBO. Whats even worse is that HBO doesnt even put the fights up the next day. They put it up 3 days later. Showtime puts their fights up On Demand overnight after the fights.

I have the HBO app, and have been very happy with it besides what you have mentioned regarding the fights and talking them a week to put them up.

Im going to have to look into the Showtime app now. Im intrigued.

I have the HBO app, and have been very happy with it besides what you have mentioned regarding the fights and talking them a week to put them up.

Im going to have to look into the Showtime app now. Im intrigued.
Streaming it via Streaming device works the best.

Phone and Web Browser also work perfectly but theres like a minute delay. I streamed fights through my phone when my internet went down.
The best part is being able to re-watch the fights any time the next day.

Streaming it via Streaming device works the best.

Phone and Web Browser also work perfectly but theres like a minute delay. I streamed fights through my phone when my internet went down.
The best part is being able to re-watch the fights any time the next day.

Im definitely going to have to look into it. Most of the big fights are now on Showtime, and they offer a few shows that my wife enjoys.

You people need to look into HBO through Amazon. I got it on there and I can stream the fights live in HD. Showtime is more of a hassle for me since my TV doesnt have the stream option on it, I have to hdmi it from my pc to watch it on the tv.

You people need to look into HBO through Amazon. I got it on there and I can stream the fights live in HD. Showtime is more of a hassle for me since my TV doesnt have the stream option on it, I have to hdmi it from my pc to watch it on the tv.

Do you have a cable subscription?

I had HBO through Amazon and there where no live fights at the time, this last year during the premiere of GOT, so you say they offer live fights on now??

Yeah when you browse through their header selections such as hbo series and hbo movies, at the end there is a watch live option. It's got different channels and timezones.

Heres a screencap of my HBO options on hbo, this is on my PC.

Attachments

• HBO SCREENCAP.jpg
    HBO SCREENCAP.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 6
These boxing promoters finally figured out that they should put boxing on free tv a couple years ago or so when PBC started and let everyone see it without paying to a fair amount of success, especially with ESPN following suit with good cards on tv. And now they are going backwards to these stupid proprietary streaming services that one has to subscribe to individually. Screw this, just put the fights on tv on ESPN or ESPN2. I already pay for DirecTV so I can get most every channel and watch live MMA, boxing & kickboxing, plus Fight Pass. I don't want to start paying for individual subscription apps like ESPN+ which I have no other use for other than the occasional boxing card as I don't watch stick & ball sports. I hate the cord cutting trend and the app-ification of tv nowadays. TV is intrinsically superior to watching video online anyway and I don't want to get nickel & dimed signing up for these individual services for each channel's proprietary programs. Fuck Netflix too, total crap service full of mostly old junk that I have already seen which I would never pay a nickel for, especially since they expect me to use my internet connection for the privilege of using it.

Will they still be on regular ESPN?

I have cable with all of the channels (besides the Spanish tiers) will I be able to sign into this app if I have a cable subscription like a lot of other networks offer?

I have cable with all of the channels (besides the Spanish tiers) will I be able to sign into this app if I have a cable subscription like a lot of other networks offer?
Maybe you and Seano can draw virtual straws to decide who will read the article or split it between you by reading half each and comparing notes.

Maybe you and Seano can draw virtual straws to decide who will read the article or split it between you by reading half each and comparing notes.

I read the article ya fucking butt-hole. It didn't mention any of that. For example there is HBO GO and HBO NOW. They are both the same thing with HBO NOW being what HBO GO is, but only a stand alone app instead of an app that comes with your cable TV subscription.

Back