ESPN will no longer air the national anthem during MNF games

The American Flag is racist to some people on the left.

U literally just posted a pic with ZERO explanation....You could've just wrote what you meant....but no, you decided to post an emotional picture with nothing explaining it.

Yes you can get offended over football man taking a knee...It's your choice to be offended and never see football....I think it's stupid but it is your choice.

The football men are doing this to insult people who have died for their country...they are doing it to stand up for blacks, some of which are soldiers.

It's embarassing how people get rustled over this and divide the nation over the National Anthem and some football players........First world problems, ladies and gentlemen.

iu

It certainly doesn't have to mean that it's disrespectful. In this context, given what the flag symbolizes, what showing pride for the flag typically means, refusing to stand while proclaiming a lack of pride will naturally be seen as disrespectful in an NFL game. Don't really care about semantics, this is obvious.

It's not a matter of semantics. It's a question of what the protester is protesting vs. how people want to interpret that protest or in this circumstance - misinterpret.

If someone says "I'm protesting ice cream," that's what they're protesting. That doesn't change just because some people extrapolate it to being anti-famers and the dairy industry. Unless the protester includes those additional issues in their protest then it's not there.

The US flag covers a lot more than just the military. It's a failure of the people of this nation if they've reduced that specific symbol to soldier tribute. Now the anthem has more of a military history but it was adopted as the anthem decades after the war where the language was originally penned.

But that's long-winded. My core point is that a protest is about what the protester explicitly states they are protesting and it is a pernicious act when non-protesters switch the meaning for their own purposes.

Well disrespectful to who exactly? He's not saying anything negative about the military who fights for our freedom, but he is saying we aren't doing those soldiers justice by allowing for a racist justice system that threatens freedom of American citizens. I would say trying to improve America is patriotic.

I’m all for improvement, but after the pig socks and Castro shirt I’m pretty much convinced that Kaep has a different agenda.

Back