ESPN to lay off 100 more people after Thanksgiving

They closed 200+ stores recently. But they do have 5000+ stores in the US. Target has less than 2000 stores. Not only that but they are planning on opening 80+ stores next year. So yeah ummm they seem ok. Just closed stores that were poorly located and not making money.

And something like 90% had another Walmart within 15 miles or else they were closed to open super walmarts.

They’re spaced out 15 to 20 minutes apart were I live.

They can move on to some of those high paying coal mining or manufacturing jobs Trump is bringing back. Surely a massive pay raise.

Saying that ESPN is dwindling due to politics seems a bit off.

Rather, people aren't watching ESPN simply because people are cutting their cable.

We cut ours and just use a box antenna we got from Home Depot.

Others simply stream what they want to watch.

ESPN is a pathetic shell of it's former self. Whenever I see it on a TV it's just 2 people arguing about something.

Saying that ESPN is dwindling due to politics seems a bit off.

Rather, people aren't watching ESPN simply because people are cutting their cable.

We cut ours and just use a box antenna we got from Home Depot.

Others simply stream what they want to watch.

It is not one or the other. It is both. Yes, there are many people who are cutting their cable and Yes, there are many people who historically watched ESPN who have been turned off by the current direction of the network and choose not to watch it. One of ESPN's longest tenured on air personalities, Linda Cohn, even said as much.

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-s...e-and-sid-show-wabc/xti6exskx6wp19v8pegqu7quz

This was funny... "At the same time, ESPN has faced allegations of political bias in its coverage. Network executives have repeatedly denied the accusations and earlier this month released a new social media policy for employees. The policy urges ESPN employees to avoid political discussions on social platforms."

Anybody ever actually watch ESPN? Every time I turn it on it's nothing but political bullshit... and as far as bias goes how can they possibly deny they are anything except for far left?

I'm glad this entire channel is suffering... these are the fucking clowns who force politics on sports fans and it's annoying.
Not sure wtf you are watching, but every time I put on SportsCenter, SVP and the like are covering sports....

Should probably head back to your FS1 safe space :).

Not sure wtf you are watching, but every time I put on SportsCenter, SVP and the like are covering sports....

Should probably head back to your FS1 safe space :).

To be fair I rarely turn it on anymore unless they're showing Little League Baseball. haha When I do scroll through I see a ton of political debate about team owners, trades, rule changes, etc. While I guess that's technically sports talk it's also very political and it gets old... especially with the Kapernick bullshit. To each their own but I would have zero problem if ESPN ceased to exist.

I love how when companies play politics, and receive backlash for it, it's NEVER about the politics to the political aisle the company pandered to.

NFL ratings tanking:

"It's been going downhill for a while. Nothing to do with players shitting on the flag and anthem, in front of their yee-haw patriotic fan base."

Target suddenly closing down stores:

"It's just the way it is. Department stores are going away. Nothing at all to with the transgender bathroom issue, they made a spectacle of."

ESPN laying people off:

"People are just cutting the cord. Absolutely nothing to do with them going full CNN."

Obviously there are many factors, but it isn't any coincidence that the companies who have decided to stick their nose out and pick sides in the political spectrum, are the ones suffering most recently.

NFL ratings aren't "tanking" and Target is closing down stores and opening up new ones, which is not unusual for department stores. Conservatives are not going to kill the NFL or Target...lol, its silly to even entertain that idea. Just like those morons smashing their Keurigs (LOL) aren't going to put a dent in the company at all. ESPN PROBABLY is laying people off because subscribers are "cutting the cord". So many people are doing away with Cable television that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Until something concrete is released about any shortcomings, any assumption that Papa Dolan is behind this is just asinine.

I suppose as a Trump supporter it might bring you more satisfaction to think that you're making a change by leaving the TV off on a Sunday, but you really aren't. By all means, keep it up though if it makes you happy :).

To be fair I rarely turn it on anymore unless they're showing Little League Baseball. haha When I do scroll through I see a ton of political debate about team owners, trades, rule changes, etc. While I guess that's technically sports talk it's also very political and it gets old... especially with the Kapernick bullshit. To each their own but I would have zero problem if ESPN ceased to exist.
Fair enough.

I stopped watching ESPN as well, but only because I'm not as invested in sports anymore. I would get tired of hearing about Kaepernick and the like, but not for political reasons. Moreso that it's just not an interesting sports topic at the moment to me.

Until something concrete is released about any shortcomings, any assumption that Papa Dolan is behind this is just assinine.

Trump wouldn't have much to do with it, regardless. People don't want sports and politics to mix. At least not as pervasively as ESPN is going about it. If it makes you feel better, they'd be met with the same sort of backlash, if they started pervasively promoting a certain religion every single day.

But hey, way to counter my point of people using the old "people are cutting the cord" excuse, by using the "people are cutting the cord" excuse. I know it's hard for you Libs to believe that people don't want Liberal bullshit thrust in their face everyday, but hey, if Trump becoming President didn't clue you into that, then nothing little old ESPN does will ever convince you.

Trump wouldn't have much to do with it, regardless. People don't want sports and politics to mix. At least not as pervasively as ESPN is going about it. If it makes you feel better, they'd be met with the same sort of backlash, if they started pervasively promoting a certain religion every single day.

But hey, way to counter my point of people using the old "people are cutting the cord" excuse, by using the "people are cutting the cord" excuse. I know it's hard for you Libs to believe that people don't want Liberal bullshit thrust in their face everyday, but hey, if Trump becoming President didn't clue you into that, then nothing little old ESPN does will ever convince you.

Because it's a valid excuse? I personally know about 5 people off the top of my head that canceled their Cable TV subscription within the last year. Again, it's not out of the realm of possibility that these layoffs are due to that fact. Until something more concrete is released that you leaving your TV off on Sunday is doing anything more than making you look like a goof, then it's asinine to assume that's the cause....or even part of the cause.

Trump became President because Hillary was opposing him....nothing more. It's funny, I live my daily life without having "liberal bullshit" thrust into my face, I doubt I'm some sort of anomaly. I like how you piece Don becoming president because ESPN talks too much about Kaepernick....silly.

Because it's a valid excuse? I personally know about 5 people off the top of my head that canceled their Cable TV subscription within the last year. Again, it's not out of the realm of possibility that these layoffs are due to that fact. Until something more concrete is released that you leaving your TV off on Sunday is doing anything more than making you look like a goof, then it's asinine to assume that's the cause....or even part of the cause.

What side do you think represents a larger demographic of sports fans, and watch the most sports? Republicans or Democrats?

If you said Democrats, you're wrong. It's no fucking mystery that shoving Liberal politics down your mostly Conservative fan base's throats, is going to be met with backlash. To say there is no correlation between ESPN's very recent woes, and it's hyper Liberal bias, is absurd.

In other news, Marvel's comic department is tanking because printed media is dying, and has absolutely nothing to do with their recent SJW agenda. Nothing at all. Thor's a girl now, and it's awesome. If you don't like it, you're a fucking asshole.

ESPN is... this:

giphy.gif

What side do you think represents a larger demographic of sports fans, and watch the most sports? Republicans or Democrats?

If you said Democrats, you're wrong. It's no fucking mystery that shoving Liberal politics down your mostly Conservative fan base's throats, is going to be met with backlash. To say there is no correlation between ESPN's very recent woes, and it's hyper Liberal bias, is absurd.

In other news, Marvel's comic department is tanking because printed media is dying, and has absolutely nothing to do with their recent SJW agenda. Nothing at all. Thor's a girl now, and it's awesome.

Lol, keep your TV off on Sunday Heretic, I'm sure you're making a huge difference!

Meanwhile, the rest of us who arent Trumpettes will be watching some football!

Oh, you should totally order papa johns too, I heard his sales are faltering after blaming the protests for his woes <{Heymansnicker}>

He's conservative to boot too!

Since we are making light of people losing their jobs here’s one that keeps on giving.

Lol, keep your TV off on Sunday Heretic, I'm sure you're making a huge difference!

Meanwhile, the rest of us who arent Trumpettes will be watching some football!

Oh, you should totally order papa johns too, I heard his sales are faltering after blaming the protests for his woes <{Heymansnicker}>

He's conservative to boot too!

In other words, you've got nothing.

Good talk.

ESPN threw money around for a long time, now it's time to pay for their lack of vision. I mean, how much money did they pay Whitlock for basically nothing? And Simmons was making fucking 2nd string receiver money to do a podcast and run a website.

Back