Espn studio

Dogo1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know this is 6 months away. With the switch to espn, has anybody heard anything about the fate of, Rashad, Cruz, Bisping, etc?

Bellator, just like all the other old and washed up fighters.

Rashad will be on Ariel's new show today. I'll put up a thread in a little bit. Pretty good line up overall.

UFC is keeping the production aspect of its pre- and post-fight shows, so we likely won't see many changes at the tables.

UFC is keeping the production aspect of its pre- and post-fight shows, so we likely won't see many changes at the tables.
I keep hearing that but can't imagine espn giving them complete control like fox did.

I keep hearing that but can't imagine espn giving them complete control like fox did.
https://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-will-maintain-production-control-over-events-on-espn

"UFC president Dana White revealed in a conversation with ESPN on Wednesday that the company will still produce all of their own events just like they do on FOX currently.

“The fans are happy with the way our show is presented, and the networks are too, which is why we get these deals done,” White said. “Our production is incredible, we do an amazing job and we’ll continue to.”

It’s a bit surprising considering rumors had swirled that part of the negotiation to bring the UFC to a new network was handing over production control.

White and former owners Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta were adamant about maintaining control of production over UFC shows and kept that in line when signing the seven year deal with FOX back in 2011.

ESPN typically produces all of the sports programming on their network but it appears that won’t be the case when the UFC comes there in 2019.

That means the look and feel of the UFC cards will be seamless from FOX to ESPN and it’s likely there won’t be much different when it comes to the broadcast teams either."

https://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-will-maintain-production-control-over-events-on-espn

"UFC president Dana White revealed in a conversation with ESPN on Wednesday that the company will still produce all of their own events just like they do on FOX currently.

“The fans are happy with the way our show is presented, and the networks are too, which is why we get these deals done,” White said. “Our production is incredible, we do an amazing job and we’ll continue to.”

It’s a bit surprising considering rumors had swirled that part of the negotiation to bring the UFC to a new network was handing over production control.

White and former owners Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta were adamant about maintaining control of production over UFC shows and kept that in line when signing the seven year deal with FOX back in 2011.

ESPN typically produces all of the sports programming on their network but it appears that won’t be the case when the UFC comes there in 2019.

That means the look and feel of the UFC cards will be seamless from FOX to ESPN and it’s likely there won’t be much different when it comes to the broadcast teams either."
Thanks.

Knowing ESPN, they'll probably bring in 4 gender neutral feminists with purple hair and septum piercings.

Knowing ESPN, they'll probably bring in 4 gender neutral feminists with purple hair and septum piercings.

Looking forward to rants about how WMMA fighters are underpaid and the white male dominance of MMA needs to be stopped RIGHT NOW

Looking forward to rants about how WMMA fighters are underpaid and the white male dominance of MMA needs to be stopped RIGHT NOW
Fuck yeah bro, if you don't think Jessica Eye deserves the exact same pay as Conor, then you're a misogynist and literally Hitler.

MMA Live on ESPN with Annik Rashad DC & Giblert was one of the best MMA shows before UFC snapped up Annik.

I believe all the current and ex fighters that the UFC uses for their pre and post UFC event shows well have some type of job, but I know Karyn Bryant won't be a part of the move to ESPN since she not a UFC employee.

MMA Live on ESPN with Annik Rashad DC & Giblert was one of the best MMA shows before UFC snapped up Annik.

I agree, but every since Anik got hired by the UFC, he sounds like he got a gambling problem with him always talking about the betting odds and favorites.

I could see them getting rid of them. ESPN prefers talking heads that fit the generic broadcaster over a fighter/former who might get emotional and lash out at another fighter.

I could see them getting rid of them. ESPN prefers talking heads that fit the generic broadcaster over a fighter/former who might get emotional and lash out at another fighter.
I'm not so sure Espn is loaded with ex jocks.

hopefully less active fighters who are just bias

Good, I prefer UFC to keep production control. Their was some rumours about ESPN paying for production costs. Is this true?

I know this is 6 months away. With the switch to espn, has anybody heard anything about the fate of, Rashad, Cruz, Bisping, etc?

Nobody knows, the uncertainty was one of the main reasons why Stann quit. The UFC couldn't give him a straight answer on whether he'll be able to keep his job, and people in the industry generally consider him as the best color in the UFC (even though he actually sucks).

Expect it to be touch-and-go for a few months at least when the UFC and ESPN figure this shit out. Everyone's job is on the line for this one.

Back