ESPN/FOX TV deal is in its final stages

That's not how the business world works. Don't give a shit about what is convenient for the customers. Only what makes the most money.

Never forget that WME is in this to make money, not to keep their fans happy.

100% spot on about WME
But sports across multi-platforms is the norm these days

Latest update on the TV deal. Espn+ 5 fight nights, Espn cable 4 fight nights and FOX a whopping 27 fight nights. PPVs down to 6. In comparison Fightpass had 5 events, 22 events on FOX and 12 ppv in 2017. Total events up to 42 from 39 in 2017.

Post by MMALOGIC April 22nd,2018

total deal is worth an average of 370m/year.

espns deal is 150m/yr and fox’s deal is 220m/yr.

espn deal:

- espn + will essentially replace fightpass for American fans. (Fightpass library, fightpass prelims and exclusive fight nights)
- espn plus will have early prelim fights for over 40 events (currently known as fightpass prelims)
- espn + will have the ufc library (what is currently on fightpass and what is usually added to fightpass)
- espn + will have 5 exclusive fightnights a year.
- espn + will have 1 season of the contender series per year to build and develop the talent that will be showcased on the espn platforms.
- espn cable networks will carry all of the ppv prelims and will provide full coverage of all ppv’s.
- espn cable networks will air 4 fight nights a year (similar to the big fox fight nights)
- first run replay rights of the ppv’s.
- espn regional sports networks will have access to the tape library.

Fox’s deal:

- 1 season of the contender series per year to build and develop talent that will be featured on the fox sports platforms.
- around 27 fight nights and televised prelims.
- access to tape library, ancillary programming.

Ppv’s will be reduced to 6 a year. New weight classes will be added ( talk is this fall on the last season of tuf it will feature female 105lbers and crown the inaugural champ)
there wont be a roster split but key fighters will stick with the networks they were built on when they are not fighting on ppv.
If deal goes through they are planning to activate certain parts of the espn + deal this summer (contender series, early prelims, etc)

the greg hardy signing makes more sense now with plans of airing the contender series on espn+.

They are just trying to sell the US rights. The vast majority of Fightpass customers are international and WME doesn't want to give that up. But who knows, they may have to sweeten the deal to get ESPN to buy it. Doubt it though, with WME's purchase of the streaming company.

All I know is I better not have to have fight pass and this ESPN+ to get all my fights.

Base off everything I have read and all the rumors. This deal makes a ton of sense especially since ppv keeps declining. I still think 6 ppv is to low. Think 8 makes more sense. Well either way this a hell of deal that benefits everyone. At this point UFC is waiting a little bit to see if comcast/NBC are interested

Another fun fact.

UFC also makes a ton of money with international media deals

Endeavor is gonna repay the billions in debt from purchase with a few years. After that their gonna rake in so much cash.

Ari Emanuel hit a home run on buying the UFC.

So, Fight Pass will be absorbed by ESPN+ and will cost half the price? ESPN+ is five bucks a month.

So, Fight Pass will be absorbed by ESPN+ and will cost half the price? ESPN+ is five bucks a month.

that's what I got from it. It's actually a better deal. I just hope the espn plus app isnt shit.

that's what I got from it. It's actually a better deal. I just hope the espn plus app isnt shit.
Something tells me we won't be getting as extensive MMA content if this were to happen. Less overseas orgs like Pancrase, Alaska Fighting, Cage Warriors, ect. Would love to be wrong though.

$370 million to the UFC and $0 to the fighters.

UFC fighters are treated like Uber drivers.

$370 million to the UFC and $0 to the fighters.

UFC fighters are treated like Uber drivers.

that's triple their old deal. will fighter pay triple?

fighters would probably be ecstatic with just a 50% raise.

that's triple their old deal. will fighter pay triple?

fighters would probably be ecstatic with just a 50% raise.
LOL.

Jeff Bezos is worth $200 billion, did his people get a raise?

Another fun fact.

UFC also makes a ton of money with international media deals

Endeavor is gonna repay the billions in debt from purchase with a few years. After that their gonna rake in so much cash.

Ari Emanuel hit a home run on buying the UFC.

Holy crap there's a second one!

Basically, but at 5 bucks a month and you get college sports and MLS its not that bad of a deal.
i thought it said there would be several espn+ exclusive cards... or was that just a rumor?

Latest update on the TV deal. Espn+ 5 fight nights, Espn cable 4 fight nights and FOX a whopping 27 fight nights. PPVs down to 6. In comparison Fightpass had 5 events, 22 events on FOX and 12 ppv in 2017. Total events up to 42 from 39 in 2017.

Post by MMALOGIC April 22nd,2018

total deal is worth an average of 370m/year.

espns deal is 150m/yr and fox’s deal is 220m/yr.

espn deal:

- espn + will essentially replace fightpass for American fans. (Fightpass library, fightpass prelims and exclusive fight nights)
- espn plus will have early prelim fights for over 40 events (currently known as fightpass prelims)
- espn + will have the ufc library (what is currently on fightpass and what is usually added to fightpass)
- espn + will have 5 exclusive fightnights a year.
- espn + will have 1 season of the contender series per year to build and develop the talent that will be showcased on the espn platforms.
- espn cable networks will carry all of the ppv prelims and will provide full coverage of all ppv’s.
- espn cable networks will air 4 fight nights a year (similar to the big fox fight nights)
- first run replay rights of the ppv’s.
- espn regional sports networks will have access to the tape library.

Fox’s deal:

- 1 season of the contender series per year to build and develop talent that will be featured on the fox sports platforms.
- around 27 fight nights and televised prelims.
- access to tape library, ancillary programming.

Ppv’s will be reduced to 6 a year. New weight classes will be added ( talk is this fall on the last season of tuf it will feature female 105lbers and crown the inaugural champ)
there wont be a roster split but key fighters will stick with the networks they were built on when they are not fighting on ppv.
If deal goes through they are planning to activate certain parts of the espn + deal this summer (contender series, early prelims, etc)
105? jesus. what about 165?

Back