ESPN/FOX TV deal is in its final stages

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
MMAlogic posted that UFC haven't received any more offers since the Variety article was announced. Looks like a last ditch effort to get an offer from NBC. The Variety article also made it seem as though all content would be going on ESPN+. MMAlogic says content will be going on ESPN1&2 with some on ESPN+. The wide estimate of ESPN's bid $120-180 million depends on whether ESPN buys fightpass streaming rights for the US.

mmalogic 04/22/2018

Looks like the espn/fox deal is in its final stages... if nobody else steps up with a better offer soon thier deal is going to be announced soon.

In case you missed it here are the terms of the deal the UFC were negotiating a few days ago. Keep in mind mmalogic is a corporate shill, and anything he posts is meant to benefit the UFC.

mmalogic 04/18/2018

Rumor on proposed split:

espn + streaming service will essentially be fightpass for us residents.
- fightpass library
- fightpass prelims
- exclusive fight nights
- espn fight night prelims
espn national cable networks (espn 1, espn 2);
- espn fight night main cards
- ppv prelims
espn regional sports networks (previously fox sports networks before Disney bought it)
- access to ufc library of content
fox networks (fox broadcast, fs1, fs2)
- contender series
- fight nights (main card and televised prelims)
- ancillary programming (unleashed, etc)

espn will be pushing every ppv with complete coverage.

Welcome to espn+, you can get soccer games and other random sports too

I'm just scared that things will change for European customers.
We used to get all the Fight Nights (not just the FP prelims) and FOX cards because they're obviously not on TV here.
Hope nothing changes about that.

lol @ people who believe MMAlogic isn't just making shit up.

I read somewhere a few days ago part of the deal would be contender series moving to espn+. will be interesting to see who ends up covering production costs. if the deal ends up being the rumored $300mil split by ESPN/FOX I would think that they would be taking over production. Will be weird when/if UFC is essentially a ESPN product

prepare for more WMMA fights than ever before.
ESPN is a liberal oasis that promotes feminism at every turn. and WMMA is the biggest woman's sport other than maybe tennis

I'm just scared that things will change for European customers.
We used to get all the Fight Nights (not just the FP prelims) and FOX cards because they're obviously not on TV here.
Hope nothing changes about that.
They are just trying to sell the US rights. The vast majority of Fightpass customers are international and WME doesn't want to give that up. But who knows, they may have to sweeten the deal to get ESPN to buy it. Doubt it though, with WME's purchase of the streaming company.

ESPN is a liberal oasis that promotes feminism at every turn. and WMMA is the biggest woman's sport other than maybe tennis

Kinda funny that feminists want to promote half naked women beating the shit out of eachother for the enjoyment of a 90% male audience

They are just trying to sell the US rights. The vast majority of Fightpass customers are international and WME doesn't want to give that up. But who knows, they may have to sweeten the deal to get ESPN to buy it. Doubt it though, with WME's purchase of the streaming company.

Good news, for me at least.
Thanks for the info!

I thought UFC getting bought by liberal media giant WME was bad enough, this will make it pretty much unwatchable

<{clintugh}>

This is all so confusing. Just put it all on one channel and call it a day.

Put on that shit on one channel that I can ignore?

Sounds fantastic. Real MMA on Fox and PPVs please.

Thank God I use ace stream so I don't have to worry about TV deals

I will still pay for nothing like the motherfucking freeloader thief I am.

This is all so confusing. Just put it all on one channel and call it a day.

That's not how the business world works. Don't give a shit about what is convenient for the customers. Only what makes the most money.

Never forget that WME is in this to make money, not to keep their fans happy.

Back