Eryk Anders natural instincts

beefcake180

Aces Wild
@Silver
Reaction score
Little bit of prospect discussion here, but since being introduced to him in lfa against Jon Kirk earlier this year I've been incredibly impressed with the skills Eryk Anders has developed, notably his pressure footwork and his transitional top game.

Anders ability to cut off the ring (something VERY LITTLE MMA fighters do well) has benefitted him massively and had him dropping those big left hands a ton whenever he gets his opponents against the fence, which he does early and often.

But unquestionably for me the most impressive part of Anders game is his ability to float and keep control on top, a skill usually only displayed in mma by top level wrestlers and bjj guys. His lfa title fight against Brendan Allen (who also is a very talented mw whos had the misfortune to go against Eryk Anders and Trevin Giles, arguably the 2 best prospects in the division) was a perfect example of this. 5 rounds of beautiful gnp and control.

Not sure where I'm going with this but is anyone else as impressed with Anders as I am?

Little bit of prospect discussion here, but since being introduced to him in lfa against Jon Kirk earlier this year I've been incredibly impressed with the skills Eryk Anders has developed, notably his pressure footwork and his transitional top game.

Anders ability to cut off the ring (something VERY LITTLE MMA fighters do well) has benefitted him massively and had him dropping those big left hands a ton whenever he gets his opponents against the fence, which he does early and often.

But unquestionably for me the most impressive part of Anders game is his ability to float and keep control on top, a skill usually only displayed in mma by top level wrestlers and bjj guys. His lfa title fight against Brendan Allen (who also is a very talented mw whos had the misfortune to go against Eryk Anders and Trevin Giles, arguably the 2 best prospects in the division) was a perfect example of this. 5 rounds of beautiful gnp and control.

Not sure where I'm going with this but is anyone else as impressed with Anders as I am?

Yeah, he's looked really solid so far. Loads of potential as a developing fighter.

Yeah, he's looked really solid so far. Loads of potential as a developing fighter.

Those specific skills I listed are really veteran traits, which is what makes it so impressive to me.

He's only been full time training for 3 years I think so for him to not just fall in love with his left hand and athleticism, instead developing real long term skills is awesome and rarely seen imo.

He's really good but Machida is a stupid fight for them to make. Way too much, way too soon. Why derail him so early? It was possible to give him a major step-up without it being someone on Machida's level.

He's really good but Machida is a stupid fight for them to make. Way too much, way too soon. Why derail him so early? It was possible to give him a major step-up without it being someone on Machida's level.

It's certainly a winnable fight though. Eryk cuts down the ring much better than Brunson and doesn't get as wild, though probably doesn't quite have the death touch like Brunson.

I think Lyoto's well past it. And if he isn't it won't be the worst loss in the world for Eryk as Lyoto's a legend.

Nonsense. A shot against old man machida is a way better opportunity than fighting a young hungry guy.

Yeah and Maluko is no scrub too, Anders is legit, definitely room to improve on his striking game but his athleticism and pressure should be enough for Lyoto.

Lol, my money won't be in Machida in this one..
I don't think he can take a clean punch anymore and his reflexes aren't there. If Anders get Machida on his back, it's over too.

Those specific skills I listed are really veteran traits, which is what makes it so impressive to me.

He's only been full time training for 3 years I think so for him to not just fall in love with his left hand and athleticism, instead developing real long term skills is awesome and rarely seen imo.

Good thread and good post.

People usually only associate great athletes with great physical traits but as a former linebacker for Alabama it is just about guaranteed that his mental game is on a higher level and he can learn faster than the average person.

I have trained martial arts with former college football players and NFL players and they learn techniques so quick and are able to identify their mistakes and make proper adjustments on their own without being told most of the time. It is the reason why they reached that level in sports.

Back