Errol Spence vs. Carlos Ocampo Ordered By The IBF. June 16th Texas Showtime

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
According to a story posted by ESPN.com on Tuesday, the New Jersey-based sanctioning organization has ordered Spence to make a mandatory defense of his IBF welterweight title against Carlos Ocampo.

Mexico’s Ocampo is untested against championship-caliber competition, but the 22-year-old contender is 22-0, including 13 knockouts. Ocampo is ranked No. 3 by the IBF among its 147-pound contenders, but the top two spots are vacant, which makes Ocampo the leading available contender for the mandatory defense Spence is due to make.

errol-spence%20(3)_3.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spence-vs-carlos-ocampo-ordered-by-ibf--124564

Finally, the fight we've all been waiting for!

Sure thing... maybe open the card against Ocampo, have a fight or two in between, and then Spence can fight some other cab driver to close out the night. Everybody wins.

Does the ibf rankings panel have narcolepsy or something. He’s ranked third but because we haven’t got a 1 or 2 he’s next man up?

How the shit do you not have a number 1 or number 2 in your lame ass organization?

Maybe drop that same day weigh-in nonsense before it gets someone killed and you'll be able to rank a few more fighters?

Spence needs the fight though because he needs the belt so he can't be totally avoided by other good fighters.

Never even heard of him. He could be good but there is no doubt he needs more time before jumping up in competition so much.

Sure thing... maybe open the card against Ocampo, have a fight or two in between, and then Spence can fight some other cab driver to close out the night. Everybody wins.

lmao

They should bring in the whole cab-union and see how many Spence can beat before his hands just fall off.

Doubt Spence has much he can do other than fight Ocampo lest he be stripped, since the IBF, for all its' stupidity, is generally pretty strict about enforcing rules.

is there a time limit as to when spence has to fight this guy? if so when does he have until? thanks fellas.

Ain't no one wants to see that shit.

superfight...since every fight from spence is a superfight now.

Does the ibf rankings panel have narcolepsy or something. He’s ranked third but because we haven’t got a 1 or 2 he’s next man up?

Isn't that how it works? I'm sure they'll have him at 1 or 2 next rankings update.

I think the IBF reserves the top 2 spots for contenders only.

"The IBF just ordered me to fight Ocampo. They ordered my mandatory two days after my fight [with Peterson], so maybe I gotta fight him. It could be my mandatory [next]. He's 23-0, a guy from Mexico. It could be him, I don't know," Spence told BoxingScene.com.

Spence needs to stay busy anyway, can't be waiting around for these other, top big boys to fight him and waiting for their promotion teams, trying to make these mega fights. So if I was Spence just stay busy and sharpen your skills, timing and techniques, until you get the top dogs and make that big money, Spence can't just keep sitting around, only fighting once a year and we as fans still get to se him Box, so it's a win, win, for us.

lol

the quicker the better then

Back