Errol Spence , Kell Brook and trainers in heated argument (vid)

They were trying to get the Golovkin fight long before Brook was in the picture.
Yes but after the Brook fight many thought Danny could win by KO. Brook did tag him up until he folded and he never quit so it wasn't a total destruction.

If this were true the GGG-Jacobs fight would've happened in December not March.
No it doesn't.
The Brook fight was made because GGG's team were tired of negotiations falling through. For whatever reason weather it be their own demands or the other fighter literally backing out. They had a string of several lengthy close negotiations that fell apart. They wanted to keep a date and be active. In stepped Brook.

It is true. They were negotiating for a December date but it fell through according to RR.

The only thing i take issue with is claiming that Jacobs or his team were eager to fight GGG. That's bullshit. The reason negotiations dragged out is because Danny was trying to maximize his pay because of the real risk of getting destroyed. Delaying aren't the actions of a man who thinks he can win. A win over GGG (much less a KO), would've made Danny a consistent 7 figure fighter. If he really believed he could beat GGG he would've made the fight immediately not go for a cash grab.

Finally, there was a lot of pressure on Danny to take the fight. What was he going to do, fight Sergio Mora for a third time? He's not Canelo, he would've been crucified if the fight didn't happen.

Last edited:
Spence by utter domination, verbally and soon to be physically.

The only thing i take issue with is claiming that Jacobs or his team were eager to fight GGG. That's bullshit. The reason negotiations dragged out is because Danny was trying to maximize his pay because of the real risk of getting destroyed. Delaying aren't the actions of a man who thinks he can win. A win over GGG (much less a KO), would've made Danny a consistent 7 figure fighter. If he really believed he could beat GGG he would've made the fight immediately not go for a cash grab.

Finally, there was a lot of pressure on Danny to take the fight. What was he going to do, fight Sergio Mora for a third time? He's not Canelo, he would've been crucified if the fight didn't happen.
How were you involved in the GGG Jacobs negotiations?
How long have you known Danny?
LMAO

How were you involved in the GGG Jacobs negotiations?
How long have you known Danny?
LMAO

Don't be silly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on.. Tom Loeffler pretty much has a wide reputation for being easy to deal with and the entire GGG has been thirsty to get in front of a credible opponent, everyone including their opponents know that.

Don't be silly, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on.. Tom Loeffler pretty much has a wide reputation for being easy to deal with and the entire GGG has been thirsty to get in front of a credible opponent, everyone including their opponents know that.
Not silly to call somebody out on pure made up speculation...Especially when a member of the team and somebody who knows first hand posts here.
Its silly to think your guesses hold more weight than that.
@RR > armchair speculation.

He didnt put up a decent fight. He got destroyed.

Nothing positive out of that performance other than the brass balls he displayed for taking the fight.
did you watch the fight or you just checked out boxrec?

Not silly to call somebody out on pure made up speculation...Especially when a member of the team and somebody who knows first hand posts here.
Its silly to think your guesses hold more weight than that.
@RR > armchair speculation.

Because a member of Danny's team will give you the non-biased truth right? They don't have motive to make shit up to protect their guy? Get real.

Because a member of Danny's team will give you the non-biased truth right? They don't have motive to make shit up to protect their guy? Get real.
@RR has been stand up and given the real both ways.
So quick to tear down his credentials. What are yours again????Why dont you "get real" and realize you have no insight on this. You said several things that have been proven incorrect.
Just because a negotiation didnt go through doesnt mean the fighter didnt want the fight bad. Stop, thats fanboy talk.
The fact that the fight eventually got made proves you wrong.

Take your same logic and apply that to GGG. Since GGG didnt take Canelo's lower offers. Are you saying that means GGG doesn't want the Canelo fight? Thats the same logic
That sounds silly.

@RR has been stand up and given the real both ways.
So quick to tear down his credentials. What are yours again????Why dont you "get real" and realize you have no insight on this. You said several things that have been proven incorrect.
Just because a negotiation didnt go through doesnt mean the fighter didnt want the fight bad. Stop, thats fanboy talk.
The fact that the fight eventually got made proves you wrong.

Take your same logic and apply that to GGG. Since GGG didnt take Canelo's lower offers. Are you saying that means GGG doesn't want the Canelo fight? Thats the same logic
That sounds silly.

What have I said that was proven incorrect? I never said Jacobs would never take the fight, just that he would maximize revenue to account for the risk. Which is true, or else the fight would have happened in December. You don't have to be involved in the negotiations to understand this, basic logic will get you far in life.

And about the Canelo offer, driving a hard bargain is one thing, throwing out an absurd deal knowing the other side won't accept is another.

Look, i'm not criticizing Jacobs, all i'm saying is that the narrative that he was "licking his chops" after the Kell Brooks fights, that's bullshit revisionist history. Fanboys accept whatever their guy's side tells them blindly, which is what YOU did, not me.

What have I said that was proven incorrect? I never said Jacobs would never take the fight, just that he would maximize revenue to account for the risk. Which is true, or else the fight would have happened in December. You don't have to be involved in the negotiations to understand this, basic logic will get you far in life.

And about the Canelo offer, driving a hard bargain is one thing, throwing out an absurd deal knowing the other side won't accept is another.

Look, i'm not criticizing Jacobs, all i'm saying is that the narrative that he was "licking his chops" after the Kell Brooks fights, that's bullshit revisionist history. Fanboys accept whatever their guy's side tells them blindly, which is what YOU did, not me.
"Get me far in life..." You have this thing were you think you know about things you have zero knowledge of.

You dont know what the offers were. Do you???
Exactly ready made excuse for GGG. Lol
This is coming from a GGG fan.
Wrong yet again. Betted against Jacobs.

You dont know anything about the deals.
Bottom line money and negotiations alone can stop a fight.
I can be "licking my chops" for some Buffalo Wings. But if I go to order them and they are $100. Probably not going to get them no matter how bad I wanted them. Would settle for something for an actual fair price. Because I know eventually later on I could get them for a fair price. Same concept.

"Get me far in life..." You have this thing were you think you know about things you have zero knowledge of.

You dont know what the offers were. Do you???
Exactly ready made excuse for GGG. Lol
This is coming from a GGG fan.
Wrong yet again. Betted against Jacobs.

You dont know anything about the deals.
Bottom line money and negotiations alone can stop a fight.
I can be "licking my chops" for some Buffalo Wings. But if I go to order them and they are $100. Probably not going to get them no matter how bad I wanted them. Would settle for something for an actual fair price. Because I know eventually later on I could get them for a fair price. Same concept.

This is an internet boxing forum, none of us have any knowledge about anything we talk about, we're all just giving opinions. My opinions aren't based on team Danny Jacobs talking points.

This is an internet boxing forum, none of us have any knowledge about anything we talk about, we're all just giving opinions. My opinions aren't based on team Danny Jacobs talking points.
Again not true. Other coaches and people involved in the sport post here.
Jacobs wanting a big fight bad for a long time isnt really a talking point. Neither is people thinking GGG looked like an easier fight after the Brook fight. Both those are fair non biased statements.

Again not true. Other coaches and people involved in the sport post here.
Jacobs wanting a big fight bad for a long time isnt really a talking point. Neither is people thinking GGG looked like an easier fight after the Brook fight. Both those are fair non biased statements.

There's no guarantee that people in any industry have the correct information about ongoing deals, much less an industry as shady as boxing. Nobody knows what happened, and nobody can trust the ones that do.

GGG looking like an easier fight is a different thing than Jacobs licking his chops for the fight. I'm sure Canelo thinks he's better than Jacobs, yet somehow the evenness of GGG-Jacobs fight hasn't made him anymore eager to make the GGG fight. Wonder why.

I'm not in the position to dispute any of that but I personally thought Jacobs and Canelo were perceived to have a better chance after the Brook fight. There was a difference of opinion as to whether that was the best GGG could do or if he threw caution to the wind knowing his opponent was too small but seeing that he was hit so clean it might have ended differently if it was Jacobs or Alvarez behind those punches.

There's no guarantee that people in any industry have the correct information about ongoing deals, much less an industry as shady as boxing. Nobody knows what happened, and nobody can trust the ones that do.

GGG looking like an easier fight is a different thing than Jacobs licking his chops for the fight. I'm sure Canelo thinks he's better than Jacobs, yet somehow the evenness of GGG-Jacobs fight hasn't made him anymore eager to make the GGG fight. Wonder why.
Right dont trust the insiders...speculation and guessing is the answer. We can disagree on that. At the end of the day every one has an opinion on everything. What matters are credentials.
Lol because negotiations and options are being weighed. AND MAYBE BECAUSE HE HAS A MAJOR FIGHT COMING UP. Are you for real? Lol

"Licking his chops" is a figure of speech he was using. Seems like you are stuck on a figurative phrase that he used. Could 100% mean exactly what I described.

What did you think of the Brook fight, did he land any clean punches? Did you think that GGG's defense left something to be desired? I can only speak for myself but a few times during that fight I thought he was lucky it wasn't Canelo or Danny connecting. Is it hard to believe his team thought the same thing?

It would be more accurate to say we each have varying degrees of knowledge.

Back