Errol Spence going get chin checked !!

I respect Brook alot for taking on sucha dangerous fighter in Spence, hes one of the very few in boxing doing this and I hope it pays off for him, hes a v good boxer, compact and strong and is a better boxer in the pocket than Spence imo.

Great fight, impossible to call.

The sad thing is they should all be doing it. As a champion in any other sport you compete against the best, not a hand picked opponent that you expect to beat! The sport has been mugging its fans off for years with this, hopefully 2017 is a sign of things to come and not a 1 off

what are the odds of brook being drained from dropping back down in weight?

i know he's not just cutting water, he got his weight down early, but it still had to be pretty taxing?

what are the odds of brook being drained from dropping back down in weight?

i know he's not just cutting water, he got his weight down early, but it still had to be pretty taxing?
Spence is a larger 147 too. He even talks about being the same size as Brook. Looked bigger in clothes too. But that can be deceiving. Wonder how the cuts going to go for him too.

@RR. Any updates without revealing too much?
Make me nervous. Lol

Showtime. The actual fight should be starting around 10pm in the UK, so that'll be 5pm ET.

I love when fights are in England. Boxing and drinking in the early afternoon is a good time. Beats living on the east coast when fights are in the states and the main event doesn't start until almost midnight.

My respect level for both guys jumped significantly because of this fight.

Brooks taking on someone who could very well beat his ass in his own weight class risking his belt and his status as one of the most avoided fighters in boxing. Took balls to fight GGG but it also comes off as low risk because no matter what he is still the champ at his own weight and no one expected him to win anyway. Fighting Spence is on a different level because losing has a much bigger downside for his career.

Spence taking on the champ and going overseas to do it without months/years of crying about it and proclaiming how everything is fixed so it's knockout or nothing. No huge public spats about purses and gloves and shoelace brands. Just doing his damn job and going to the champs hometown because he's the challenger regardless of the fact he himself is a potential superstar.

Love it when fighters actually want to fight!

Now that the Mayweather lottery ticket everyone was chasing for years is gone all these other duck dodging can crushers better take notice. Don't wear a belt if you aren't gonna throw hands at other top guys.

I love when fights are in England. Boxing and drinking in the early afternoon is a good time. Beats living on the east coast when fights are in the states and the main event doesn't start until almost midnight.
I would hate to be a West Coast fight fan since the prelims for most North American boxing or UFC cards start in the middle of the afternoon at 3 or 4 PM. That would break up my whole damn day instead of being able to finish work or errands or go to dinner or enjoy the daytime and fresh air or go swimming in my pool or whatever else. I love the late East Coast times where the U.S. cards start no earlier than 6:30 or 7 PM usually and go to about 1 AM. Lets me enjoy a full day before the fights start. I don't get up particularly early anyway.

Brook will more likely jab and grab Porter style, IMO.

With Spence's height and reach I think Brook won't do that. Spence is going tob be at range so Brook will have to work inside a bit more than he did against Porter.

With Spence's height and reach I think Brook won't do that. Spence is going tob be at range so Brook will have to work inside a bit more than he did against Porter.
Where he will be at a disadvantage. Spence is devastating inside.

Where he will be at a disadvantage. Spence is devastating inside.

Yep. He shouldn't let Spence come close, even if he's smaller. Not necessarily a pretty fight, IMO.

Spence doesn't smother his work like Porter, either. He works out of clinches and is a good infighter (which is rare these days in boxing). Spence's offense is good enough that I think it's just a matter of time before he gets to Brook and does significant damage if Brook doesn't keep him honest with his own offense. The real question will be if Brook can mount enough of his own offense to get to Spence and keep him off (Spence has shown he can be hit).

I would hate to be a West Coast fight fan since the prelims for most North American boxing or UFC cards start in the middle of the afternoon at 3 or 4 PM. That would break up my whole damn day instead of being able to finish work or errands or go to dinner or enjoy the daytime and fresh air or go swimming in my pool or whatever else. I love the late East Coast times where the U.S. cards start no earlier than 6:30 or 7 PM usually and go to about 1 AM. Lets me enjoy a full day before the fights start. I don't get up particularly early anyway.

That's fair. I'm sort of the other way. Whenever I go to fights I like getting there at 3 and spending all day at the arena. All I'm going to do during the day is watch videos of the fighters anyway. By the time things end, I'm drunk enough to grab dinner at some drive-thru and pass out at home around 11.

I love the west coast timing for big fight nights. Get to start the BBQ in the early afternoon and hang out with friends watching pre-fights and eating good food. Then a couple drinks and a few fights later the main event is gearing up to start. Everyone gets to watch and be sober enough to enjoy it and out of the damn house early enough so I can still have a normal sunday to do all the shit I avoided on saturday.

It's boxing. Everyone will get hit with big shots at some point.

Well, yeah, but he's been hit a fair bit by lesser fighters. A lot of that has to do with Brook not respecting his opponent's power, at all (like against Algieri). The concern is that considering Brook is far and away a better offensive fighter than anyone Spence has faced to date, some of Spence's defensive slip ups might be much more severely punished than in the past. Or maybe he'll be much sharper against an opponent who has a good offensive skillset. I don't know, we'll see.

Or maybe he'll be much sharper against an opponent who has a good offensive skillset. I don't know, we'll see.
I'll answer that one for you. He will be sharper.<{jackyeah}>

Yeah. Plus sometimes I rather go out Saturday nights in the spring & summer durring the nice weather. Fights in England allow me to do both. The only chain bar that showed big boxing fights I think closed all its locations in my area. Was called Fox & Hound. Dave & Busters only showed the Mayweather fights and has the worst staff known to man. BW3s only shows UFC. So do a couple of other local places just show UFC.

Yeah. Plus sometimes I rather go out Saturday nights in the spring & summer durring the nice weather. Fights in England allow me to do both. The only chain bar that showed big boxing fights I think closed all its locations in my area. Was called Fox & Hound. Dave & Busters only showed the Mayweather fights and has the worst staff known to man. BW3s only shows UFC. So do a couple of other local places just show UFC.

You in the midwest? I used to go to a Fox and Hound in Wichita when I lived there.

Yeah, but if you've got the day off, it's awesome, a full day of fights, and then you can still go out if you want to :)

Back