Erislandy Lara vs. Jarrett Hurd and Truax vs Degale II April 7th Showtime/Las Vegas

Yup!

It will either be great or be so frustrating to watch you'll end up hating boxing by the time it's over.

Like I said before I think Hurd's best skill here is going to be his lack of skill. He is so damn rough around the edges and seemingly untrained that he will give Lara problems. If he knew how to box properly he would get schooled all night. He doesn't though so at point Lara will have no idea what's coming.

Agreed. There won't be no fencing from Hurd, and I don't think he'll mind taking a punch to give one.

i fear lara is losing it physically. he dominated the last fight, but looked a lot softer. he's 34, he's going to look like an old fighter any day now.

and i don't think his style works well when you slow down.

I really don’t know how much Lara has deteriorated lately, and that’s the big unknown variable here. However, it is always counterintuitive for me to choose against the better (superior) boxer based on the size and punching power of his opponent. Paul Williams as tall as Hurd, had longer reach (79”) than Hurd’s (76”) and Lara’s (74”), and he was a much better boxer than most; yet, Lara outboxed Paul, and would have done similar to Hurd... few years ago???...

The odds are so much closer than I would have expected. Kinda crazy. War Hurd!

WBA, IBO and IBF 154-Pound World Championship Unification

Erislandy Lara – 153 ½

Jarrett Hurd – 153

lara-hurd%20(3)_1.jpg

IBF Super Middleweight World Championship Rematch

Caleb Truax – 167 ¾

James DeGale – 167 ¼

truax-degale%20(3).jpg

williams-gallimore%20(3)_1.jpg

IBF Junior Middleweight World Title Eliminator

Julian Williams – 154

Nathaniel Gallimore – 153

angulo-mora.jpg

Sergio Mora weighed in at 162.3-pounds, while Angulo was 167.5-pounds.

Back