Erik Anders/markus Perez scorecard discrepancy

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by xentreos, Dec 11, 2017.

1. xentreos

xentreos Blue Belt

So anders had a fairly solid win this past weekend over this Perez character. One judge had it 30-26 while the other two had it 30-25 and 29-28 .

All three of those scores are pretty drastically different from one another including the 30 26/ 30 25 scorecards. Those are some pretty significant differences in opinion on judging the fight. Have the new rules allowed for even more inconsistent decisions and will it negatively impact future scorecards? I think most fans including myself were excited that more 10 - 8 rounds and 10 -7 rounds were going to be handed out ,as well as agreeing with the new judging criteria ,but seeing a score card like that can't help but make me feel a little concerned going into the future.

Obviously this fight it didn't matter it was a dominant decision, but based purely on the points it looks concerning for more subjective fights. What's your take on this ? Just weird judging ? A problem with the new judging criteria?

Melas Chasma and Kenny Powerth like this.
  2. Kenny Powerth

Kenny Powerth Jean Belt (Jelt)

I deleted my DVR of the event but I swear on two occasions I saw the judges laughing and talking to each other (facing each other) while the fight was going on! One judge looked to be on his phone at one point.

3. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

No idea wtf the judge saw that scored the fight 29-28, my God. Anders beat the guy down badly.

Flex Plexico and Sonny Qc like this.
  4. Kvolcom

Kvolcom Purple Belt

The right guy won, that's all that really matters.

Anders is a monster tho, ppl always want elite level athletes, this is your guy

5. jsbx45

jsbx45 Brown Belt

I haven't seen the fight but I noticed the scoring discrepancy in the re-cap as well. Seems odd, but business as usual unfortunately.

6. Rebel_LioN

Rebel_LioN Red Belt

They told the judges the new rules were into effect and they took it to the extreme. These judges have a 4 year old brain.

7. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

Not sure the point of this thread.

Marlon Moraes vs John Dodson had cards going 30-27 in each direction. That's a much wider discrepancy.

Th3Sav4ge likes this.
  8. Congo66

Congo66 Brown Belt

Never leave it in the hands of the judges, doesn't someone keep saying that?
    He knows what he's talking about.

9. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Black Belt

I have tried to explain it countless times that more variables in judging only adds controversial scorings. It is simple math, but people just dont seem to get it.