Erick Shelton aka mini Aldo will win the whole show

Themonsoon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The kid is the real deal he'll end up taking the whole show rather easly.

He looked good. Great angles and deadly from every position. He can't afford to be as careless as he was in that fight later on though. He seems to throw that spinning back fist out of habit and that is a terrible instinct.

I love the guy but Elliot is too experienced for him right now

Pantoja is more like Aldo than Shelton imo. Shelton should've been ranked top 5 tho.

His toughest fight is coming up against Elliott. I do think he'd have a good chance against Pantoja though.

His toughest and last fight is coming up against Elliott.
The seeding has worked out ok, 1, 3 and 5 making the semis + the guy who beat #2.

It's hard to see past Elliott being the one to win it, 2 more 1st round sub wins wouldn't be a shock.

Fight at minimum should have gone to a 3rd round. No fucking way Tim won that. God MMA judging is terrible.

Yea that definitely should have been going to a 3rd, damn shame the judges ruined that. I just thought it was way too close to call a winner after those 2 rounds

I had Shelton winning that for sure. I dont see how his aggressiveness and failed guillotine attempts should count over damage

Elliot didnt win that . Oh well if he wins DJ will demolish him in the first anyway.

I think Tim Elliot is just so comfortable(cocky maybe) that he just does what he wants to do and steps on the gas occasionally. Right now I think he's the clear class of the field.

I was absolutley sure the fight was going to the 3rd.

Oh well. We need Alexandre Pantoja vs. Eric Shelton on the TUF Finale.

I was absolutely gutted that it didn't see a third.

Let's talk about how technically beautiful that fight was to watch, it was so even and so refreshing to see two well matched fighters going hunting for finishes over a conservative approach.

It was an absolute credit to both fighters and probably the best TUF fight I've seen.

I was a massive sceptic of the lower weight classes but this season has been absolutely brilliant. Rarely subject to the Kardashian style bullshit and all of the fights have delivered.

The cherry on the cake is that Hiro vs Elliot is a very intriguing fight.

Round of applause lads, good show.

I was absolutely gutted that it didn't see a third.

Let's talk about how technically beautiful that fight was to watch, it was so even and so refreshing to see two well matched fighters going hunting for finishes over a conservative approach.

It was an absolute credit to both fighters and probably the best TUF fight I've seen.

I was a massive sceptic of the lower weight classes but this season has been absolutely brilliant. Rarely subject to the Kardashian style bullshit and all of the fights have delivered.

The cherry on the cake is that Hiro vs Elliot is a very intriguing fight.

Round of applause lads, good show.
Elliott vs. Shelton was a beautiful fight.

Fight at minimum should have gone to a 3rd round. No fucking way Tim won that. God MMA judging is terrible.

How did you score each round? Honestly wondering. Not sure you can make a case for Shelton winning either. Both rounds were toss ups, but it's not hard to see why Elliott's style may sway judges. He was active throughout and rarely backing up. Whenever he was on top, he was working to do something. Shelton held position better on top, but seemed pretty inactive when he went there.

I also don't understand the "damage" people are talking about. Elliott was closer to finishing the fight and certainly didn't seem hurt or damaged throughout to me.

Elliot is a class act. After the fight he said he thought it should have gone to a third or maybe outright to Shelton. Still think he's the better fight. Sometimes I wonder if he would actually be better if he fought a little more conventional. More like Cruz with a lot of footwork and angles but less wild.

Back