***Eric "Zebrinha" Spicely SHERDOG Q&A #1***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Middleweight, Eric Spicely! He will answer your questions LIVE TOMORROW morning at 11:30 AM EST, the 14th of October. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Eric Spicely was an Ultimate Fighter competitor from season 23 fighting in the Light Heavyweight division apart of Team Claudia & is now fighting in the Middleweight division. He just recently defeated #15 ranked Middleweight, Thiago Santos via RD1 submission at UFC Fight Night 95 on September 24th.

eric-spicely.jpg

Eric holds a 9-1 pro MMA record. He has only gone to decision in two of his 10 fights. Out of his nine wins, 5 have came via submission along with two via TKO & decision. Eric's most recent victory was definitely his biggest, as he earned a huge upset over the #15 ranked MW, Thiago Santos in Brazil as he defeated him in just the first round with a rear naked choke.

Follow him here:

Twitter: @EricSpicely
Instagram: spicewonder

Welcome Eric Spicely.

What is your ethnic background?

Sup homie, great win over Santos. Do you think you'll stay at 185 or go down to 170 one day?

Sup homie, great win over Santos. Do you think you'll stay at 185 or go down to 170 one day?
Thanks! honestly id probably go back down to 170 one day. I used to fight there but the weight cuts sucked. I also didn't know what I was doing nutrition wise back then. But to compete with the elite of the elite I think 170 would have to be my home.

How confident were u when u fought Santos on short notice

Wow that's interesting! I would have never thought!
Are you 1/2 African American 1/2 German/Native American?
Im honestly not sure with the percentages. I haven't been in touch with my family in a very long time.

How confident were u when u fought Santos on short notice
At first I honestly was bummed. I lost to the number 25th ranked guy and now was fighting number 15. But my confidence changed when I dropped everything and went up to Tristar. Training with GSP, Tarec, Francis Carmont and all the other guys up there my confidence sky rocketed.

Im honestly not sure with the percentages. I haven't been in touch with my family in a very long time.
Fair enough. All good brother.
Were you surprised when you got the job done so fast in the first round?

Do you have any unusual submissions you go to quite often? How likely are we to see you win by something unusual?

Do you still talk with anyone from your season of TUF? Andrew? Amanda?

Who do you have winning in Alvarez vs McGregor? :p

Hey @Eric Spicely, that was a pretty amazing victory against Santos

Two questions. You're a submission guy, what are your top 3 favorite submission victories in MMA history? And second, do you have a favorite Presidential candidate?

Thanks! honestly id probably go back down to 170 one day. I used to fight there but the weight cuts sucked. I also didn't know what I was doing nutrition wise back then. But to compete with the elite of the elite I think 170 would have to be my home.
Cool man thanks for responding. I think you would be a beast at 170.

Fair enough. All good brother.
Were you surprised when you got the job done so fast in the first round?
I honestly said to myself I just need to go out and have a good fight with him. If I can make it all three rounds with him it will be a victory. Hes iced dudes like Ronny Markes Steve Bosse and Nate Marquart. I also try to finish.

Hey Eric thanks for your time today my man, it was obvious from your early days in CES that your jiu-jitsu was a big part of your arsenal, how would you say your overall MMA game has progressed over the last few years, especially since you went to Tristar?

Great win over Santos to, look forward to your next fight.

Do you have any unusual submissions you go to quite often? How likely are we to see you win by something unusual?
I really like submissions from the back. I have a lot of unusual subs. I tried to gogoplata him. I will be the first person to do a mounted gogoplata in the UFC.

Do you still talk with anyone from your season of TUF? Andrew? Amanda?

Who do you have winning in Alvarez vs McGregor? :p
I actually talk to Amanda and Andrew atleast 3 times a week. I also still talk to Abdel all the time. Hes the one who got me hooked up with Tristar.

Alvarez really likes to eat shots which could be dangerous but hes a great wrestler. if he uses that he can win. But I feel like it will be a pissing contest and he'll try to bang it out with Mcgregor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back