Equality: Should men and women compete together?

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We live in the year 2018 and much progress has been made in regards to gender rights and equality. But I am conflicted when it comes to the segregation of men and women in the world of sports. Why do men only compete with men and why do women only compete with women? Are we not all equal under God? Men and women study in the same schools, work in the same workplaces, and and drink from the same water fountain. So why not play in the same sports together?

Let's use a few examples:

Tennis: why do men play a maximum of 5 sets? and women only 3? Of course, I enjoy the mixed-gender doubles matches.

Olympic sports like gymnastics and running: everyone knows how to run, you just need 2 legs, so why separate based on gender?

Chess: why is there a men's tournament and a women's tournament for a game purely based on brainpower?

Fighting sports like Boxing and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts): every person is divided into weight categories to level the playing field so why aren't there any fights between heavyweight women and heavyweight men? Who wouldn't want to watch a fight between the strongest woman and the strongest man?

Ironically, the sports that has made the most progress in gender equality is e-sports. Who knew that women and trans people (Trans-people in sports is another debate) can carve their niche within the generally misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic and racist gaming community

because men and women arent equals in athletics.

We live in the year 2018 and much progress has been made in regards to gender rights and equality. But I am conflicted when it comes to the segregation of men and women in the world of sports. Why do men only compete with men and why do women only compete with women? Are we not all equal under God? Men and women study in the same schools, work in the same workplaces, and and drink from the same water fountain. So why not play in the same sports together?

Tennis: why do men play a maximum of 5 sets? and women only 3? Of course, I enjoy the mixed-gender doubles matches.

Olympic sports like gymnastics and running: everyone knows how to run, you just need 2 legs, so why separate based on gender?

Chess: why is there a men's tournament and a women's tournament for a game purely based on brainpower?

Fighting sports like Boxing and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts): every person is divided into weight categories to level the playing field so why aren't there any fights between heavyweight women and heavyweight men? Who wouldn't want to watch a fight between the strongest woman and the strongest man?

This is what you are conflicted about? Are you really that dumb?

This is a non-issue. Men are physically superior to women. That's the bottom line. And every women competing in any athletics knows that, only fat slobs and moronic feminists that have never done any serious sport don't know it.

Because women are genetically better and worse in things which is why there are separate sports. Generally the best woman in the world would not even be ranked in a men’s sport.

Now I could see mixed gender fights in MMA because there are weight classes but that would have the awful sight of men beating women to a bloody pulp which NO culture accepts. Even WWE doesn’t allow men to beat up women (though Ronda got to beat up a 2x larger wrestler).

Non physical events like chess don’t have the above issues.

OMG THIS IS EXTREMELY THOUGHT-PROVOKING!!!

if its the only way we could get rid of wmma I would say do it

Yes. And in MMA groin shots should be legal.

Ironically, the sports that has made the most progress in gender equality is e-sports. Who knew that women and trans people (Trans-people in sports is another debate) can carve their niche within the generally misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic and racist gaming community

Feminists would love females being treated equal to men, put them in the cage with Brock or Francis.

Would the male have to enter first to hold the cage door open for the female or do feminists hate that?

Great thread. Hopefully makes some sjw snowflakes here think a bit harder

Non physical events like chess don’t have the above issues.

mix doubles in tennis

equestrian, olympic games, many winners are females, they are competing in all subdisciplines of this sport and are very sucessfull

no, thats the dumbest idea Ive ever heard

mix doubles in tennis

equestrian, olympic games, many winners are females, they are competing in all subdisciplines of this sport and are very sucessfull

Mixed doubles mean two weaker partners on the team.

Braasch (ranked 203 men) beat both Williams sisters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

Riding a horse mostly takes out the physical aspect. Women can’t even compete competitively in car races because they can’t handle the physical exertion. There are some rare exceptions in cars which prove the point.

Find me a record from a physical Olympic sport with actual metrics (not ice skating or fucking horse riding) where a woman has a better world record than a man. Discus throwing (BS because throw a smaller discus)?

There's no feminists in the cage.

Nice trolling. You should try to date a girl once. Other than your mother.

Let me explain chess: the top tournaments are open for women. Hifan You played there and she is legit. The talent pool among the ladies is much smaller in chess. Hence there are less extremely talented female players. In order to increase the talent pool by raising public awareness, it makes perfect sense to have women‘s only tournaments. Case closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back