Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

Probably should have googled first lol. Already found it.

108252.jpg

Turns out it's not this one but actually this one.

Guy says it's one of the best DIPA's he's had.

Anyone tried it?
the87.jpg

Yes. Nightshift is solid and that one is no exception. Morph and Santilli are also quite good.

Never had it. Traded both of my bottles away. I don't do fruited stouts. I just think the flavors clash more often than not. Of this last release though which included ManBearPig and Black Magick Rye, CCCBBVD was the brewer's favorite. Take that for what it's worth. You do know that Big Black Voodoo Daddy is the base for Grande Negro Voodoo Papi, right? Grande Negro Voodoo Papi = Big Black Voodoo Daddy in Spanish. Took me 3 years to figure that out.
They put out some of the best beers Ive ever had. Did not know that but it makes sense now with the translation lol. BBVD was delicious.

Is Backwoods Bastard out? I haven't been drinking much at all lately but I need to get me some of that...

Yep, I just had my 1st one a few days ago....the next 3,tasted way better than that 1st one...

Is it a seasonal?

Yep, I just had my 1st one a few days ago....the next 3,tasted way better than that 1st one...

Is it a seasonal?

That's is one of those "for what it is, it's awesome" beers. Scotch Ales are probably my least favorite beer style but that one is excellent. Kinda like Celebrator.

My girl setup a private brewery at Stone today.

That place is pretty fucking awesome. Good food and just a beautiful setup.

Se92bOb.jpg

My girl setup a private brewery at Stone today.

That place is pretty fucking awesome. Good food and just a beautiful setup.

Se92bOb.jpg
Any standouts for you during your trip so far? Other than the glass full of liquor of course lol.

Any standouts for you during your trip so far? Other than the glass full of liquor of course lol.

I really enjoyed the Sofa King Barley wine from Bolt Brewery along with their double and triple IPA. Also had a 2007 Old Guardian at Stone.

I really enjoyed the Sofa King Barley wine from Bolt Brewery along with their double and triple IPA. Also had a 2007 Old Guardian at Stone.
Nice Ill keep an eye out for the barleywine. That style has really grown on me over the last couple years, I used to not care for them and now a good one is about as great as beer gets for me.

Nice Ill keep an eye out for the barleywine. That style has really grown on me over the last couple years, I used to not care for them and now a good one is about as great as beer gets for me.

You ever try Perrin No Rules?

@PUO3

I drank that Paradox #32 sour you sent me this afternoon watching my beloved Penn State make it to the B1G championship game. I read the reviews when you sent it to me and was less than enthused. It really surprised me though. Awesome nose, fruit forward, mild sour, and went down easy. Really solid beer. I'm becoming increasingly picky when it comes to sours but this one was a winner.

4.2/5

Had Boom Sauce a few times, wouldn't call it one of the best DIPA I've ever had but
It's solid.

I ain't even thinking about trading no more as long as I can keep producing shit like this. Plenty of research put into this talking to JC from Trillium, jacking ingredient usage by Tree House, and talking to Tim from Cellarmaker. That homebrewed juice:

jhyan5.jpg

Hops are Columbus, Nelson Sauvin, and Hallertauer Blanc. At 6.7% this shit is dangerous to have on tap at home. I'm damn near drunk right now and I just tapped it a few hours ago...

Columbus has quickly become my 2nd favorite hop behind citra. Really enjoy beers with it.

Back