Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

Focal is better than either of them imo. Focal > Heady > The Crusher and imo, it's very clear.

Alchemist was distributed to SoCal so I got to try Focal Banger. Good beer, I wish I could try Heady and Crusher too but they went really fast at all the places that got them.
Wtf? It doesn’t even get distributed here?

The craft places around my way seem REALLY high on sours at the moment. Sours are dominating the taps in the three main places I go.......not my thing, at all.

Sours were the big thing here the past 2 summers and I'm not a fan either.

The thing this year seems to be Hazy IPAs.

I kind of fell off the beer scene since our trip to Vermont this past October. So a couple of weeks ago we went to this fairly new Microbrewery Urban Village (@Te Huna Matata if you find yourself in Philly this place is worth checking out) and ordered a Hazy IPA. They served me a beer that was almost white in complexion and I was like "This is an IPA) which they assured me it was. It was pretty tasty.

3tJws9K.jpg

tpdmwf9.jpg

Sours were the big thing here the past 2 summers and I'm not a fan either.

The thing this year seems to be Hazy IPAs.

I kind of fell off the beer scene since our trip to Vermont this past October. So a couple of weeks ago we went to this fairly new Microbrewery Urban Village (@Te Huna Matata if you find yourself in Philly this place is worth checking out) and ordered a Hazy IPA. They served me a beer that was almost white in complexion and I was like "This is an IPA) which they assured me it was. It was pretty tasty.

3tJws9K.jpg

tpdmwf9.jpg

Was actually just in Philly last weekend for a bachelor party and my 30th. Went to 2nd Floor Brewing. They were respectable but nothing more.

Was actually just in Philly last weekend for a bachelor party and my 30th. Went to 2nd Floor Brewing. They were respectable but nothing more.

Yeah not a bug fan of them tbh.

The best brewery around here is outside of the city (Neshaminy Creek).

Philly people get pissed at me when I shit on Yards lol

We have great distribution but the beer made here is only decent imo.

Yeah not a bug fan of them tbh.

The best brewery around here is outside of the city (Neshaminy Creek).

Philly people get pissed at me when I shit on Yards lol

We have great distribution but the beer made here is only decent imo.

Agreed. I'm not even big on Tired Hands. Their saisons are great but everything else ranges from mundane and boring to terrible.

I was just in SanFran and spent some time at Toronados. Cellarmaker was the highlight for me.

Wtf? It doesn’t even get distributed here?

I read that they're friends with whoever is distributing them here or something like that. A lot of places got them, but in pretty limited quantities.

Focal is better than either of them imo. Focal > Heady > The Crusher and imo, it's very clear.
I'm the complete opposite lol

What are the differences? Focal reminded me of some of the beers that were coming out on the west coast a few years ago when some breweries were moving away from completely filtered but it still had a strong bitterness. But now a lot of west coast breweries are doing the full on hazy, wheat and/or oats for body, lots of hops but low bitterness thing. Which I like.

Einstock Arctic Berry GOAT summer beer imho. My alcohol tolerance has tanked to an all-time low so this kind of thing is my only recourse. Absolutely amaze

Heady is much better than focal...

I just had a good NEBCO beer last night, was a bit like seahag but stronger....It just makes me think NEBCO with fuzzy baby ducks, G-bot , exc..is one of the most underrated breweries in New England.

I read that they're friends with whoever is distributing them here or something like that. A lot of places got them, but in pretty limited quantities.

What are the differences? Focal reminded me of some of the beers that were coming out on the west coast a few years ago when some breweries were moving away from completely filtered but it still had a strong bitterness. But now a lot of west coast breweries are doing the full on hazy, wheat and/or oats for body, lots of hops but low bitterness thing. Which I like.

I ranked them purely on ABV%

hit up three breweries today.. Counterweight, good beers... NEBCO, my fav brewery that has gbot and fuzzy ducks, and one I havent tried before called five churches... it was in a bad part of town but really good beer and a nice layout. Got some bomb ass beers in growlers from NEBCO...

Got to brew some cool collab beers over the last few months including Nøgne Ø and Prairie. Also heading to Germany soon to do a tour of a bunch of amazing lager brewers and will swing by Belgium on the way home to see 3 Fontaine, Fantome, and a few others. Seriously looking forward to a week+ of drinking straight forward, well made lager.

I guess no one on Sherdog drinks beer anymore :(

Heard Reddit shut down their beer trading sub. Hopefully it means less idiots clogging up release lines.
I've really slowed down on the beer drinking. I lived very close to my friends and now i live about 45minutes away from them. So we don't really get together to drink anymore. And i don't like drinking by myself.

My closest friend (whom i consider a brother) married a mormon chick, so even if they're over our house, he doesn't drink because he doesn't wanna deal with her when they get home.

My wife's sister got a new boyfriend, so by default i gotta hang out with him. He likes corona though. He did try a fullers ale a few weeks ago when they came over and he liked it, so maybe there's hope for him yet.

got north coast brewing old stock ale for the first time having it. had a fresh one and it was pretty good. not as sharp as i would have expected for something everyone recommends cellaring. it was very good. excited to see what its like in a year as well.

contemplating if i should drink 2, save 2, or just save 3

I saw the Jai Alai from cigar city about a month ago at the craft beer cellar in dallas. Unfortunately they ran out before i could get it.

bought some at whole foods this week and finally had it today... I think it's the absoute best IPA i've ever had. Maybe i haven't had enough IPA's, at least 25 or 30 of them. But this one is just a tier above.

jai alai is great. its available at HEB in my area now too and is pretty cheap for quality IPA.

Back