Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

Should have tagged me. Could have told you where to go.

Focal > Heady > Crusher imo
We ended up going to a bar with a shot ton of beer on tap. I can't even remember what I had.

Oh Proclamation Ethereous is pretty damn good. Something about it was way off compared to Derivative. But you guys should give it a try.

Actually never been to either location. Don't know what their tap list looks like. The better breweries in the area are mostly taproom only due to the size with exception of Voodoo so I highly doubt you drank anything local that was too outstanding.

Nimble Giant is the GOAT PA beer.

Not exactly surprised you'd say this. First run was the best and fucking tremendous at that. The 2 canning runs haven't been nearly as good. Too boozy and syrupy for me...i.e. right up your alley.

Just had a Pliny, a Blind Pig, a Windy Hill which is probably the most underrated and unheralded beer I've ever had, a KBS, and RR's Consecration which is a fucking beautiful 10% sour along with a Velvet Merkin in a two day span. Suck it, lol.

Just had a Pliny, a Blind Pig, a Windy Hill which is probably the most underrated and unheralded beer I've ever had, a KBS, and RR's Consecration which is a fucking beautiful 10% sour along with a Velvet Merkin in a two day span. Suck it, lol.

RR is basically the only brewer who can do a 10% sour and have it not taste like shit. I generally shy away from sours above 6-7% but they can do them justice. Supp is in that range IIRC and it's delicious.

RR is basically the only brewer who can do a 10% sour and have it not taste like shit. I generally shy away from sours above 6-7% but they can do them justice. Supp is in that range IIRC and it's delicious.

I love sours. I'm really close to firestone and they have some really good ones. You're right though, they're all at 4 to 7%. RR is the only one making good sours with a high volume. You're right, they're fucking delicious.

Blind pig is an amazingly crisp and smooth beer. I urge everyone to try Windy Hill.

Not exactly surprised you'd say this. First run was the best and fucking tremendous at that. The 2 canning runs haven't been nearly as good. Too boozy and syrupy for me...i.e. right up your alley.

Have you had Shape of Hops to Come from Neshaminy Creek?

Have you had Jolly Pumpkin Oro De Calabaza? It's a new arrival locally. It's a 8% and I believe considered to be a sour. It's done with wild yeast.

Have you had Shape of Hops to Come from Neshaminy Creek?

I had one can about 18 months ago. Really enjoyed but haven't been able to revisit.

Have you had Jolly Pumpkin Oro De Calabaza? It's a new arrival locally. It's a 8% and I believe considered to be a sour. It's done with wild yeast.

We just started getting them. One local guy I know basically only drinks mixed fermentation stuff and he swears by JP. That's one I need to check out.

about time those lines were ridiculous... hopefully now you will be able to buy more
I haven't waited more than 15 minutes since I started going weds around 1-3. Hopefully they will be able to boost out put as well

I just road tripped up to Flagstaff and had a few of their local IPAs. Mother road from the tap is always fantastic. The Flagstaff IPA was very enjoyable, a little floral which is not my thing but it was done right. I have also been enjoying the tangerine express from Stone, not a fan of fruit added to IPA (I prefer the fruity flavor that comes from hops) but the tangerine express is good nice and bitter for a tangerine.

Sunday Brunch dropped today. Still my favorite beer of all time. Tastes like how a bakery smells. Perfect beer imo.

Back