Epic Beer Thread V32: Do you even trade, brah?

@Te Huna Matata

Have you had this bad boy yet?

7ZdCLtF.jpg

Since this thread seems to be dying, let's breath some life back into it.

Here is the BA Top 250 beers. How many have you had?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/

Currently, I've had 91. In addition, I or someone in my share group has another 11 of that list. What's your favorite on that list? What was your least favorite on that list?

Surprised to say I've had 185. My favorite is easily Schlenkerla Urbock, Saison DuPont is right there in second. When I had it (admittedly it was about 8 years ago at this point) I wasn't very impressed with Pliny the Younger. Good beer, but it didn't blow me away. Interesting how beer has changed.

2yzfxxj.jpg

Ejector is hands down the best dry hopped sour that I've had. Spontaneous fermentation providing unique esters that blend with the dry hop characteristics, and just the right level of acidity. What blew me away the most was the never ending carbonation and persistent head. I've never had a sour that has left lacing on the glass like this.

@Te Huna Matata

Have you had this bad boy yet?

7ZdCLtF.jpg

Never even heard of it before. A little too big for my tastes in hoppy stuff but if I see it, I'll give her a shot.

Against The Grain's Citra Ass Down is fuckin awesome

Really? I didn't care for it. We just started getting distro from AtG in the last few months. I thought it was a little too malt-forward for my tastes.

Surprised to say I've had 185. My favorite is easily Schlenkerla Urbock, Saison DuPont is right there in second. When I had it (admittedly it was about 8 years ago at this point) I wasn't very impressed with Pliny the Younger. Good beer, but it didn't blow me away. Interesting how beer has changed.

Damn. Where are located? That's quite a lot.

BTW, don't sleep on Lags Born Yesterday. Grabbed a 6er yesterday and damn, that's a good beer.

Damn. Where are located? That's quite a lot.

I'm in Colorado. I got into beer back in 2004 and have had a lot of opportunities to try things over the years, a lot due to the generosity of friends and trading over the years.

I'm in Colorado. I got into beer back in 2004 and have had a lot of opportunities to try things over the years, a lot due to the generosity of friends and trading over the years.
I highly suggest Black Project in Denver. If you can get in their club even better.

I've been avoiding the dawg lately due to the fucking popups. But it seems like they are under control, I grabbed a Harpoon Octoberfest 6pack and it's one of the worst marzens I've had in a long time.

I've been avoiding the dawg lately due to the fucking popups. But it seems like they are under control, I grabbed a Harpoon Octoberfest 6pack and it's one of the worst marzens I've had in a long time.
Your plat membership should mean no ads, I never get a single pop up on here.

Since this thread seems to be dying, let's breath some life back into it.

Here is the BA Top 250 beers. How many have you had?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/

Currently, I've had 91. In addition, I or someone in my share group has another 11 of that list. What's your favorite on that list? What was your least favorite on that list?

Parabola.

Sculpin. I think its pretty widely one of the most overrated beers out. Its abrasive and I hate it. Id honestly rather have a Coors Light.

Its being worked on to get fixed. Shits been out of whack.

I highly suggest Black Project in Denver. If you can get in their club even better.

Great suggestion. I've been following James and Sarah since the Former Future/early Black Project days and have became pretty good friends with them. They are producing some great stuff.

Found a deal on Belgium in a Box that I just couldn't pass up. 32 3F Oude Geuze + 1 3F Oude Geuze A&G, all 375s for 217 euro plus 100 euro shipping. Works out to $349 and change shipped to my door. I sold off half of them to friends and I get 17 lambic bottles at a little over $10 a piece.

Found a deal on Belgium in a Box that I just couldn't pass up. 32 3F Oude Geuze + 1 3F Oude Geuze A&G, all 375s for 217 euro plus 100 euro shipping. Works out to $349 and change shipped to my door. I sold off half of them to friends and I get 17 lambic bottles at a little over $10 a piece.
I remember when 18 750ml 3F OG was about €80.
200_s.gif

This box just landed on Friday.

I had a clover at the brewery a couple weeks ago and it was excellent. Definitely the first time I have ever paid $32 for a 350ml but goddammit I just needed to try it!

also, Peche Mortel is so good. I usually see a couple when i'm in the Burlington area but no such luck last time. Havent had it in a while.

I had a clover at the brewery a couple weeks ago and it was excellent. Definitely the first time I have ever paid $32 for a 350ml but goddammit I just needed to try it!

also, Peche Mortel is so good. I usually see a couple when i'm in the Burlington area but no such luck last time. Havent had it in a while.

As soon as I heard about Clover, I knew I had to try it. I put up posts every day for a week until it finally clicked. And I've had Peche Mortel but this is BA Peche Mortel. Haven't tried that one yet. Peche Mortel is probably the most coffee-forward beer I've ever had. It's intense.

As soon as I heard about Clover, I knew I had to try it. I put up posts every day for a week until it finally clicked. And I've had Peche Mortel but this is BA Peche Mortel. Haven't tried that one yet. Peche Mortel is probably the most coffee-forward beer I've ever had. It's intense.
BA Peche Mortel is incredible. In fact, you just reminded me I still have a bottle from a few years back that I should dispose of.

Back