Epic 2017 Interview with JUST BLEED Guy - God Bless BloodyElbow!

a half naked drunken guy acting like a douche makes your day

nice
Have+a+snickers+have+a+snickershttpthefunnybeavercom_6e8d90_5336387.jpg

(still like you tho)

Was a good write up. Dudes favourite movie is probably clockwork orange.

the guy is a bum

along with everyone that uses that gif

I consider myself a peaceful man but these right here are tie up and get left in the trunk words.

dont repeat them

Guy is an icon. He should be in the UFC hall of fame.

Seriously, if "Mask" was inducted... no disrespect (RIP) but "Just Bleed" put the sport on the map and showed the ethos more than him IMO.

I agree with the guy about how UFC became less and less interresting or exciting with the judges, rounds and 10-point must system.
I liked it a lot better some 20/25 years ago.

I agree with the guy about how UFC became less and less interresting or exciting with the judges, rounds and 10-point must system.
I liked it a lot better some 20/25 years ago.

Yeah, and the initial excitement is gone. Like, what in the world is going to happen when this big self-proclaimed pit fighter (Tank Abbott) fights this huge "trap fighter" (Paul Varelens)? Or you assume Kimo is just some muscled up karate guy whom Royce will sub in 30 seconds and it turns out he wants to grapple. There was so much uncertainty and craziness (including the fighters) in the early days. The stuff now, whether Conor-Khabib drama, or planned "freak show" fights, just isn't the same.

This interview about the last UFC tournament is a good overview of the early days and end of an era:
http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=eightmenout
Quotes:
Worsham: We kind of pioneered a sport that had no shape yet. Now it's legit, mainstream. It's crazy. I'm in awe of the group that was assembled for that night. You'll never see it again. For back in that day, it was a who's who. To think I even had a small part is just an absolute honor. Like I tell people, I was mediocre, but I was mediocre at a world-class level.

Frye: I saw Abbott a couple years ago at a fan fest. He said, "I came over here just to see you, partner." He shook my hand and gave me a big hug. Made me happier than a pig in s--- to have that kind of respect from that man.

Abbott: The beginning of the UFC, there's that little clique of guys that, for the most part, I call clowns, but by the same token, it was like a little brotherhood where we did something not too many people in this world would do. I tip my hat to them. Even Shamrock.

BTW, this is just a rough estimate but this dude is more of a man than me or 95% of you will ever be.

"Ladner was pulled over by police while traveling back from a party in Texas. He had thirty ecstasy pills with him at the time. He was charged with conspiracy to distribute narcotics. This meant a minimum sentence of ten years in prison. He claims he was asked by prosecutors to name his friends from home, who had requested the drugs, in exchange for a lighter sentence. Ladner says he rejected the offer. “Some people make that choice,” he says. “But I wanted to walk away and hold my head up and say, ‘I did this on my end. I’m not dragging anybody else down.’”

Always a fun stroll down a blood laden memory lane.

upload_2018-10-18_10-49-58-jpeg.455803

Comes with Nothing! LMAFO I honestly think I have not seen that particular one before.

So perfect.

gif is what i love about old school mma fans. the new kids on the internet saying the gif sucks is what i hate about some new ufc fans

gif is what i love about old school mma fans. the new kids on the internet saying the gif sucks is what i hate about some new ufc fans

There's also a difference between fans who watched NHB (as it was originally called) from the beginning...and Pride fanboys who started watching in the early 2000s. The latter group usually disrespect the pioneers of the sport. The only versions of Frye, Goodridge, Tank, Shamrock, Kimo, etc. they know are old, damaged versions who fought in 2006....not the better/younger versions who fought 10 years earlier and paved the way for the sport.

There's also a difference between fans who watched NHB (as it was originally called) from the beginning...and Pride fanboys who started watching in the early 2000s. The latter group usually disrespect the pioneers of the sport. The only versions of Frye, Goodridge, Tank, Shamrock, Kimo, etc. they know are old, damaged versions who fought in 2006....not the better/younger versions who fought 10 years earlier and paved the way for the sport.
the sport was awesome ten years ago. dunno what pride fanboys are but the fighters u mentioned are cool

Back