Entitled American kids

Just how are those so called "American kids" entitled?

It’s the DUDE/BRO síndrome I see it a lot..........BRO!

For every bad example you give of an American being some type of way that you claim; there are other Americans like Stipe, DC, Blaydes, Gaethje, Alvarez and others who are not that way at all.

You shouldn't stereotype an entire nation or culture based off a few individuals whose private lives we know little about. We get a glimpse of their public persona as a fighter, to use that to generalize about anyone else (and possibly even them) is a mistake.
So where am I saying all Americans are like this?

All I said was that entitlement and arrogance are an issue there, by far more than anywhere else in the world.

maxresdefault.jpg

Luke and Chris are the posterboys of American arrogance, it's hilarious. Both guys won the genetic lottery, got some decent looks, grew up having everything they ever wanted, yet they walk around with massive chip on their shoulders, like an angry child who cant have every toy so he's always ready to whine and throw a tantrum.

Weidman is walking around now pretending he's the next guy for a title shot, meanwhile he just got his shit pushed in 3 fights in a row, and managed to grind out a win over a WW. I can only imagine the excuses and complaints that will come from Rocksalt after this weekend. It's not even the stupidity of their claims, it's just the way they manage to do it that just makes them look like a couple of butthurt babies.

Meanwhile Yoel, who was the actual deserving number one contender for a long time, and got screwed out of his original title shot by Bisping for all that time, still managed to keep his dignity about it and never come across like a whiner.

Why is it so often that the guy from the third world country, who's had to work his way up from poverty and growing up with nothing, seems more content and grounded in his life than the guy who's been blessed with every opportunity and comfort.

As a new father of a baby boy, makes me really stop and wonder if North America is a good place for him to grow up in the long run.
So you're basing your opinion on an entire continent on 2 guys?

All my sympathy goes to that baby boy for having such a moronic father.

Some people shouldn't even be allowed to reproduce.

So you're basing your opinion on an entire continent on 2 guys?

All my sympathy goes to that baby boy for having such a moronic father.

Some people shouldn't even be allowed to reproduce.
Ya, people like your parents.

Oh look, you made a witty comeback, fuck actually addressing the point of the thread, let's confirm exactly what TS is saying and get offended and hurl insults like an entitled jerkoff.

"Always dude bro suburban white dudes who are on top of the world who will be the first to complain, make excuses, and whine the moment something doesn't go their way. It's because they don't understand what adversity is because they've never seen it in their life."

al·ways
ˈôlˌwāz/
adverb
adverb: always; adverb: alway
at all times; on all occasions.
"the sun always rises in the east"
synonyms: every time, each time, at all times, all the time, without fail, consistently, invariably, regularly, habitually, unfailingly
"he's always late"

That's to help you understand the meaning behind words you chose to type.

Secondly, you posted that Chris Weidman does not understand adversity and you are posting that other posters look stupid?

Always, as in the group of people complaining and making excuses.

Nowhere in the word -always- is the word -every- or term -entire population-.

When I go shopping at Whole Foods grocery store in the early afternoon I -always- see a ton of women in their mid 30's every time. Does that mean that -every- woman in their mid 30's or the -entire population- of women in their mid 30's shop at Whole Foods in the early afternoon?

You starting to catch on now? Do I need to hold your hand with some more examples for you to understand what simple words mean?

So where am I saying all Americans are like this?

All I said was that entitlement and arrogance are an issue there, by far more than anywhere else in the world.
It's a large, very diverse population with many different demographics spread out across many different states and socioeconomic climates. When you say it's an issue here, more than any other place, you generalize all of those extremely different places an American could grow up, and make a general statement about all of them.

There are too many different possible backgrounds in America to say it's an American issue more than anywhere else IMO

Ya, people like your parents.

Oh look, you made a witty comeback, fuck actually addressing the point of the thread, let's confirm exactly what TS is saying and get offended and hurl insults like an entitled jerkoff.
There's no point in your thread.

All you are doing is generalizing and giving your opinion which was based off of 2 guys. There is absolutely nothing to address other than the fact that you are an inbred moron.

It's a large, very diverse population with many different demographics spread out across many different states and socioeconomic climates. When you say it's an issue here, more than any other place, you generalize all of those extremely different places an American could grow up, and make a general statement about all of them.

There are too many different possible backgrounds in America to say it's an American issue more than anywhere else IMO
Ok fair enough, I obviously wasn't generalizing all Americans and I was referring to a specific group and we know who they are. It's not a color thing, and it's not even about what neighborhood you grew up in. I'm talking about a general attitude of entitlement and the world owing you something. Of course not all Americans are like this, not even the majority, but due to decades of brainwash a lot of these guys grow up feeling life should be fair to them and cant accept losing.

My point was, a guy who grew up in a world where there's real struggle will usually be a lot tougher mentally and wont lose his shit when every little thing doesn't go his way. Chris and Luke to me are the poster boys of childish tantrum when things dont go their way, and there's a lot of that in the US, or do you think I'm wrong?

Always, as in the group of people complaining and making excuses.

Nowhere in the word -always- is the word -every- or term -entire population-.

When I go shopping at Whole Foods grocery store in the early afternoon I -always- see a ton of women in their mid 30's every time. Does that mean that -every- woman in their mid 30's or the -entire population- of women in their mid 30's shop at Whole Foods in the early afternoon?

You starting to catch on now? Do I need to hold your hand with some more examples for you to understand what simple words mean?
Dont make him think so hard, you'll give him an aneurysm.

There you are!

Was wondering where you've been? Haven't seen any posts from you recently.

Unless I haven't been clicking on the same threads you have been, but doubt that.

Oh I've been around here, though still somewhat recovering from UFC 220 and the exertion of dealing with its spate of Stipe threads. I didn't weigh in yesterday as I was out the whole day doing hoity-toity things (cruising the aisles of an international book fair AND a fine print fair) and I'm still catching up.

Your definition of entitled is a pretty big umbrella TS. If your gonna raise kids to look up to people like Luke and The Chris that is an entirely separate issue.
Congrats on your son<GinJuice>

Ok fair enough, I obviously wasn't generalizing all Americans and I was referring to a specific group and we know who they are. It's not a color thing, and it's not even about what neighborhood you grew up in. I'm talking about a general attitude of entitlement and the world owing you something. Of course not all Americans are like this, not even the majority, but due to decades of brainwash a lot of these guys grow up feeling life should be fair to them and cant accept losing.

My point was, a guy who grew up in a world where there's real struggle will usually be a lot tougher mentally and wont lose his shit when every little thing doesn't go his way. Chris and Luke to me are the poster boys of childish tantrum when things dont go their way, and there's a lot of that in the US, or do you think I'm wrong?
I agree with you here. I'm still not sure if that's their nature or just a part of who they're playing in public, but I agree with you that it is a problem for some individuals. Where I will disagree with you is in putting the blame on society as opposed to the family structure around the individual. For example in the same bad neighborhood one child may have a parent that works multiple jobs in order to provide for his/her child, while another chooses to work as little as possible and rely on the government for the rest of what he and/or her and their child needs. I'm not judging either case or saying an individual can't succeed and overcome all of this through sheer self determination and will power... But if you're about to become a parent then the way you raise your child and how spoiled or disciplined as well as how loving of an environment you provide for the child will safeguard against the entitled mentality, regardless of where you choose to live and raise him.

I was also trying to bridge the gap between the two sides of the debate. I think both sides have a point where they can and will agree if the semantics are tightened up a little bit and the emotions are set aside...

Back