England -Father battered to death with cricket bat by gang stealing his children's Bikes

How did you type this without realizing how insane, and stupid, it sounds?

In America the kids would have guns too. The dad would've gotten shot.

Any sane person would just call the police, and let them deal with it. This is tragic, and I think the murderer should be sent away for life, but making sure everyone in the scenario has guns does nothing to solve the issue.

There will always be a criminal element. Arming them as well does absolutely nothing to stop tragedies from occurring.
I just dislike the "this anecdote could have been prevented by a generalization" without taking into consideration all of the factors that come with that generalization. Completely ignoring the culture of the UK.

Guns might not be a causal factor in crime, but they sure make killing people more easy. It's so weird how people read one news article about a murder in the UK and somehow that proves gun nuts right. Like being who want stricter gun laws in the US argue that it would solve murder completely.

The UK has a massive gang problem. Adding guns4all to the mix would be a horrible idea.

England should ban cricket.

Its a shity sport anyway.

thats what happens when the Tories cut police budgets and enact austerity that cripples communities

More reason why Scotland should push for indyref2 :D

Don't do it m8, Scotland will never live down another bottle job.

I'm all for banning Cricket if it stops attacks like this...

Justice will be served. Such is life.

The boys that murdered this man will all receive typical UK sentences and be out of prison before 2028 to continue their life in the hope of rehabilitation.

Well, if Britain is seeing an increase in homicide despite a further ban on arms (even small arms such as knives), it would yield itself to some logic that there might be a point where gun bans are meaningless or even counter-productive to upholding a stable environment.

I think rational people (which is not necessarily all pro-gun Americans) can mostly agree that walking around with a bazooka or an assault rifle, unless you're in your own ranch or something, is probably not the best of ideas. But then again, at what point, is enough
Why can't there simply be a healthy medium between pro-gun nuttery, and anti-gun mania? Leave people some options to deal with adverse situations, without turning them into walking war machines.
I’m not saying there can’t be.

I’m saying that using an anecdote from a country with a fraction of a fraction of the homicide rate the US has as “scare example” is a terrible— and disengenuous— argument.

Also, @Madmick , and @Anung Un Rama where’s your call-out of “hackery” in an OP like this?

I post a valid statistical analysis from a legitimate medical journal, and a bunch of posters get panties straight in a bunch. Someone like @alanb uses anecdote as argument and it’s all good in the hood?

Just goes to show how irrational our public discourse is.

Last edited:
England should ban cricket.

Its a shity sport anyway.
I met an English guy at a baseball game one time and he tried to innuendo that he wasn't sure if baseball was a man's game.. He was the guest in this country, and I was overly polite and just scoffed at what he said. I honestly should have laid into him about knickers and countries who suck at the Olympics being good at cricket etc...

you do realise if guns were widespread they wouldve just shot him dont you? so the end result would be the same

you really need to stop cherry picking stories from the UK to use as some sort of evidence our society is crumbling

He had a cricket club. Therefor he would have had a gun.

Interesting logic you got going on there.

He had a cricket club. Therefor he would have had a gun.

Interesting logic you got going on there.
Don't you know, Mayhem says guns don't help just teach yourself to fight that's all the help you need even if its 4v1 he's Bruce Lee meets Neo from the Matrix. If they guy had a gun and even if the criminals had 20 on them you think they would be willing to risk there lives for a bike? where as them having bats from a gay sport were able to beat this guy down no problem with no risk to their own life. We do cops have funs and go after criminals that have guns? what's the point they will die every time right?

I met an English guy at a baseball game one time and he tried to innuendo that he wasn't sure if baseball was a man's game.. He was the guest in this country, and I was overly polite and just scoffed at what he said. I honestly should have laid into him about knickers and countries who suck at the Olympics being good at cricket etc...

Its not polite to scoff at your guests opinion , if you were better bred you would know that .

Its not polite to scoff at your guests opinion , if you were better bred you would know that .
And if your parents weren't retarded you would not have put a space before that period. Cheerio!!

You should have said cricket is about as shitty of a sport as their version of football.

:p

This is what happens when you take away people's ability to defend themselves. Its just it horrible what is happening in England. Of course there is going to be a push to ban cricket bats now rather than deal with the real problem.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...death-cricket-bat-confronting-gang-suspected/

America has a homicide rate over 4 times as high as the UK.

In fact there's not a single state in the entirety of the United States that has a murder rate that is as low as in the UK.

50 states and not a single one. How is that even possible, you'd think out of sheer statistical probability you'd at least be able to fluke one but nope.

It's almost as pathetic as your stupid thread, I mean it is fucking mental.

Americans giving advice about how to not have people killed is about as ridiculous as an incel giving tips to a prostitute on how to get laid.

Last edited:
you do realise if guns were widespread they wouldve just shot him dont you? so the end result would be the same
Or the dad would've gunned them down. Guns equalize numbers and physical strength.
Do people here think England has become a violent place because of a few Muslims and black kids in London? Do me a favour its been a shithole here for as long as I can remember. England has a class issue, not an issue with race or religion.
A "few".
giphy.gif

Back