England -Father battered to death with cricket bat by gang stealing his children's Bikes

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is what happens when you take away people's ability to defend themselves. Its just it horrible what is happening in England. Of course there is going to be a push to ban cricket bats now rather than deal with the real problem.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...death-cricket-bat-confronting-gang-suspected/
A father of four was allegedly beaten to death with a cricket bat when he confronted suspected bike thieves hours after reporting the matter to the local police.

Derek Whyteside, 42, died two days after being found unconscious and in a pool of blood in the street close to his home in Telford, Shropshire.

The former factory worker, who is originally from Cumbernauld near Glasgow, was allegedly attacked when he attempted to retrieve the stolen bikes from two teenage suspects.

The incident took place on Monday afternoon, hours after Mr Whyteside's partner, Michelle Wilson, noticed that two of their children's bicycles had gone missing from outside their house.

She reported the matter to West Mercia Police at 11.45am, but after examining CCTV spotted footage of the alleged theft taking place.

Ms Wilson then posted the footage on Facebook, asking for the public's help to identify the suspects, who were wearing school uniform at the time.

It is thought Mr Whyteside later attempted to confront the suspects after a member of the public identified them, but was allegedly injured during the ensuing argument.

He was rushed to the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford before being airlifted to the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, where he died in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

A 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named because of his age, has been charged with murder and has appeared before Kidderminster magistrates court.

"

A person that can bludgeon an innocent person to death deserves a bullet.

Unless the police are harassing motorists in england and trying to get as much money out of them as possible they really cant give a shit about much else.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bat an eye if one could only hear crickets chirp from the anti second amendment crowds...

you do realise if guns were widespread they wouldve just shot him dont you? so the end result would be the same

you really need to stop cherry picking stories from the UK to use as some sort of evidence our society is crumbling

Assault cricket bats to be made illegal in England next?

you do realise if guns were widespread they wouldve just shot him dont you? so the end result would be the same

you really need to stop cherry picking stories from the UK to use as some sort of evidence our society is crumbling
That's a good point but I still think your gun laws are bullshit.

Its just it horrible what is happening in England.

I don't fully understand this sentence. It's always bene this way In England.

Back when I was young, a gang of kids were jailed for beating a man to death for defending his son. I'm 37, this was when I was 14.

Not sure if you know England that well, but as an example, Liverpool amongst other cities have huge issues with young teen gangs and have done for 30 years. The gangs I'm talking about are poor white English kids.

Do people here think England has become a violent place because of a few Muslims and black kids in London? Do me a favour its been a shithole here for as long as I can remember. England has a class issue, not an issue with race or religion.

That's a good point but I still think your gun laws are bullshit.
well to throw that back at you I think Americas are bullshit, but I suppose you guys dont provide healthcare for citizens so why the fuck would you's care if people got shot all the time?

@alanb, I think you post more about the UK than anyone. You got some fish & chips envy or something? :D

well to throw that back at you I think Americas are bullshit, but I suppose you guys dont provide healthcare for citizens so why the fuck would you's care if people got shot all the time?
Hey man, I agree with you our healthcare is bullshit too. Just saying I want to pew pew and don't want the gubment to stop me.

In most of America the Dad would have taken his gun with him to confront the youth. He would be alive and the youth would likely have nothing more on their record than a petty theft. Now the Dad is dead and the youth are going to jail for many years.

Also I don't cherry pick articles. These are the articles that pop up on my newsfeed.

This is what happens when you take away people's ability to defend themselves. Its just it horrible what is happening in England. Of course there is going to be a push to ban cricket bats now rather than deal with the real problem.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...death-cricket-bat-confronting-gang-suspected/
I'm sure the family will rest easy knowing that the police will possibly solve the murder and the offenders will potentially serve a diproportionately moderate sentence.

Hey man, I agree with you our healthcare is bullshit too. Just saying I want to pew pew and don't want the gubment to stop me.
but pew-pew leads to more ouchies.... which is terrible for our nhs ;) lol

In most of America the Dad would have taken his gun with him to confront the youth. He would be alive and the youth would likely have nothing more on their record than a petty theft. Now the Dad is dead and the youth are going to jail for many years.

Also I don't cherry pick articles. These are the articles that pop up on my newsfeed.
ok in this hypothetical situation lets say the dad takes out his gun to confront this group... what happens if they have guns?

this is a horrible story, but having guns wouldnt have prevented anything. All it would do is make our society more dangerous. Also everytime you post about the UK you talk about how its "horrible what is happening" here. These are isolated incidents that you are using also

Back