Ending the estate tax: Walton's - $54 Billion / Koch Bros. - $38 Billion

inheritance tax is literally "they don't deserve THAT!" Liberalism is literally just crabs in a pot.

Walmart goes into towns and monopolizes an area, forcing small businesses to close down. Leaving them as one of the only places to work.

Then they pay their employees slave wages and their employees must use government assistance to live. Which is subsidized by the working classes the most.

Walmart then benefits even further by having the estate tax cut. Once again effecting the working classes to make up the loss in tax revenue.

Who benefits the most from this? Well the Walton family of course. They made a fortune off of standing on their workers backs and giving back almost nothing to Society.

then Tax Walmart, not these peoples dead parents.

then Tax Walmart, not these peoples dead parents.

Perhaps you missed your idiot presidnt trump award them with a major tax break. Then award them another gift with an estate tax cut.

This will hurt rural white folks a lot. You know the people who elected trump.

Perhaps you missed your idiot presidnt trump award them with a major tax break. Then award them another gift with an estate tax cut.

This will hurt rural white folks a lot. You know the people who elected trump.

Don't call him my president I didn't vote for him, like I said tax Walmart, taxing dead people is fucking stupid IMO.

You have 1% of the population pay 45.7% of federal income taxes. The system needs to become regressive to fix inequality issues. Thankfully this issue is being addressed with tax reform. People like you disgust me

Yeah, they're really feeling the hurt
DZZTX4NF3A5SNP2A5IXK3R4HTU.png

You patrician's whore.

Don't call him my president I didn't vote for him, like I said tax Walmart, taxing dead people is fucking stupid IMO.

No it isn’t. Taxes are a must for a society to function properly.

And how are we going tax walmart more when your ilk just gifted them a huge tax break

Estate tax is a stop gap measure to fix a problem with US tax rates.

I don't support its existence but it should have been repealed and at the same time replaced with a more efficient tax paid for by those who benefit from its removal.

It's a complicated issue. You don't want to create royalty and lords and barons and such in each state that we fought to do away with, but taxing monies that have already been taxed is also an issue. I understand the part about not creating essentially a ruling class in our country, but I'm not sure where you draw the line. The tax is what, 50%? I know it was in recent years. So if your grandparents left you a farm and you wanted to work it with your own family but it was valued at say, $10M, you had to either had to find a loan for $5M that you would spend the rest of your life paying back if you even could, or you were forced to sell the land for $10M to pay the $5M tax? That's not right.

The tax was 40% on anything over 5.5 mil give or take, and I believe there was a clause that would let a couple both pass on 5.5mil even if they didn't both die at the same time, so in most cases it would be 11mil tax free. So a family farm worth 20mil would pay about 3.6mil. This is just under 20% so shouldn't be hard to raise as a loan, but good news - if it is to be inherited by family and continued as a farm, you could pay it off over 15 years.

Strange how people complain about the wealthy buying politicians when they are alive, yet assume the same politicians will become altruistic with that money if they collect it through an estate tax.

How much more? How much until you realize you just aren’t valuable as an employee? I’m doing fine.

They should pay more and more, while the loopholes should be closed, until income inequality starts coming down, and the heads of corporations actually start spreading the wealth to their employees. As it is, with them paying such a high price for their astronomical wealth, they are raking in more and more of the overall economy, concentrating the wealth to more and more asinine degrees.

The fact of the matter is, just like in the Roman Empire, some plebians will see fit to defend the sadistic whims of their patrician overlords. I must say, the master-slave impulse is an odd one when the slave chooses their own manacles.

No it isn’t. Taxes are a must for a society to function properly.

And how are we going tax walmart more when your ilk just gifted them a huge tax break

Lets pass legislation for curb lobbying and political funding. Also if you really want to hurt Walmart raise taxes on road and their distribution network.

I feel the wealthy should pay higher taxes. One major reason is they use our infrastructure more heavily to make their wealth. Semi truck are very hard and destructive to or road systems. Yet they don't feel they should have to pay more for the upkeep.

To address just this point, I would like to point out that the trucks you speak of pay massive road use taxes and fees for the very reason you cite. That has always happened and is built-in to the taxes on diesel fuel, as well as huge operating fees and such to allow them to transport the higher weights and, as you mention, put more use on the road systems. To be clear, semis already pay for their use of the roads compared to the rest of us. So that is covered already. Don't underestimate the government's ability to tax anything and everything already.

lol

Walmart goes into towns and monopolizes an area, forcing small businesses to close down. Leaving them as one of the only places to work.

Then they pay their employees slave wages and their employees must use government assistance to live. Which is subsidized by the working classes the most.

Walmart then benefits even further by having the estate tax cut. Once again effecting the working classes to make up the loss in tax revenue.

Who benefits the most from this? Well the Walton family of course. They made a fortune off of standing on their workers backs and giving back almost nothing to Society.
This
Its crazy how one side want serfdom!
Plus If someone wealthy dies then his grown ass kids should have to fly on their own merit! shit if your dad was a billionare you cant hope for a better start in life

Its funny how so many millions growing up in shitty inner city ghettos with 3rd world level schools should all 'pull themselves up by their bootstraps 'and 'make better life choices ' etc yet when anyone talks about a litte of the the same treatment for the silver spoon/trust fund class its suddenly all sob stories
'"but..but daddy just died and im only 40 years old , been to the finest colleges and hugely wealthy anyway..how will i cope?"

We should find a way to fix this other than just straight up robbing them in taxes to make charts look better.

Robbing? Please. When rich people and corporations were taxed through the nose after WW2, we had an economic golden age. These people have systematically lobbied lapdog congress into lessening their tax burden year by year, putting it on the American people more and more. Only they can afford to do this, but actually adhering to the progressive system of taxation as envisioned by Jefferson and Madison is robbery? Please.

I already said I want to see financial, banking, wall street and consumer protection loopholes closed, and white collar perpetrators who ruin the lives of others buried under the prison.

Lets pass legislation for curb lobbying and political funding. Also if you really want to hurt Walmart raise taxes on road and their distribution network.

Or jut don’t gift them two major tax breaks that hurt the working classes the most.

Why would we even consider your idea when we already had taxes in place.

So you want to give them a tax break then tax them another way. Makes little sense if you ask me. You’re talking in circles

They should pay more and more, while the loopholes should be closed, until income inequality starts coming down, and the heads of corporations actually start spreading the wealth to their employees. As it is, with them paying such a high price for their astronomical wealth, they are raking in more and more of the overall economy, concentrating the wealth to more and more asinine degrees.

The fact of the matter is, just like in the Roman Empire, some plebians will see fit to defend the sadistic whims of their patrician overlords. I must say, the master-slave impulse is an odd one when the slave chooses their own manacles.
Blah blah blah
Number
Give a number or admit you are talking out your ass and back it up with data

Or jut don’t gift them two major tax breaks that hurt the working classes the most.

Why would we even consider your idea when we already had taxes in place.

So you want to give them a tax break then tax them another way. Makes little sense if you ask me. You’re talking in circles

Can you please link me to these major tax breaks for walmart because I don't know what you are talking about and I want to talk on even ground.

The tax was 40% on anything over 5.5 mil give or take, and I believe there was a clause that would let a couple both pass on 5.5mil even if they didn't both die at the same time, so in most cases it would be 11mil tax free. So a family farm worth 20mil would pay about 3.6mil. This is just under 20% so shouldn't be hard to raise as a loan, but good news - if it is to be inherited by family and continued as a farm, you could pay it off over 15 years.

Oh, that is good news. So in your example, were it even correct, the one who inherited said farm could easily pay off that $3.6M over 15 years via 180 small $20,000 monthly installments, right? But that is only if the loan were interest-free, so...

<LikeReally5>

Back