End of UK as free society RE: Tommy Robinson jailed for BS; released on bail.

That doesn't explain why there's a ban on reporting his arrest, though. Also, the judge has the option of sequestering the jury; cutting them off from all outside information and putting them in a hotel under close supervision.

I don't know anything about that, that's getting too far from American jurisprudence for me to speculate. I feel okay on very broad stuff because our common law principles have the same background reasoning as theirs. As you get into the application of things that turn on more modern media and stuff, it becomes too difficult to guess.

As for sequestering the jury, that's kind of pointless if the individual is standing in front of the courthouse itself. The jury is essentially forced to pass the individual and those affected by the individual on their way into the building.

Part of the issue appears to be that Mr. Robinson thought the verdict was in and it's not, so his timing is off.

Somebody defend this. Please try lol.

Legit don't think Americans should get involved when it comes to the UK submitting to Islam.

Tommy dies in prison if he's sent there.

he'll get fucking slaughtered in jail.

poor kid.

That reasoning has little merit and is unconvincing. One thing is expressly prohibited in the Constitution and the other isn't.

Impartial jury is a stated Constitutional right. I'm not sure what you mean. The right to an impartial jury perforces bans juries that are not impartial.

It puts the onus on the government to provide the impartial jury thus the onus is on the government to prevent bias from affecting the jury.

How else is the government supposed to uphold it's duty to provide an impartial jury?

Hard to Tell and Whitebelt carry the War Room so much.

Impartial jury is a stated Constitutional right. I'm not sure what you mean. The right to an impartial jury perforces bans juries that are not impartial.

It puts the onus on the government to provide the impartial jury thus the onus is on the government to prevent bias from affecting the jury.

How else is the government supposed to uphold it's duty to provide an impartial jury?

Was he arrested during the sentencing phase? This man is done for in general population.

Can you quote this Constitutional right and then explain how it supersedes the First Amendment?

Yes, the onus is on the government. Not you and I.

Sequestration.

The 2nd photo was taken while court was in session?

I mean who is the media supposed to be interviewing? The bushes?
I have no real world knowledge of how these reporters do their job but don't they usually camp out waiting for the people in question to come out and then continue to harass them or do they all sort of jump out of those bushes like ninjas when the time is right?

Can you quote this Constitutional right and then explain how it supersedes the First Amendment?

Yes, the onus is on the government. Not you and I.

Sequestration.

It's the 6th Amendment. o_O

He was on a suspended sentence for contempt of court for a similar stunt.
It should have come as no surprise to him, and he probably welcomes the extra attention.

I have no real world knowledge of how these reporters do their job but don't they usually camp out waiting for the people in question to come out and then continue to harass them or do they all sort of jump out of those bushes like ninjas when the time is right?

Usually, yea.

I was simply attempting to address the tweeted picture. Maybe the pic was taken when court had just started and the press knew they wouldn't be out for hours - it's certainly a possibility.

Usually, yea.

I was simply attempting to address the tweeted picture. Maybe the pic was taken when court had just started and the press knew they wouldn't be out for hours - it's certainly a possibility.
It might not even be from the same day to be honest, no way of really knowing.

Is there any footage of reporters there? I'll try looking on youtube or something.

9% seems incredibly high for what is quite a small percentage of the UK population, especially as many of these crimes(gang related sex abuses like Rotherham) were reported many years after the fact and wouldn't have gone into a specific year category, especially in the mass reporting of gang related rapes and abuses that take place over decades.

There's a reason statistics relating ethnicity and sex assaults are hard to find for Britain and it's not ignorant bookkeeping.
9% is high considering these are reported cases. Tip of the iceberg.

It might not even be from the same day to be honest, no way of really knowing.

Is there any footage of reporters there? I'll try looking on youtube or something.

I was just taking up the challenge of offering an explanation for the pic.

I could be very wrong, I don't know.

Back