- 5x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 3x110kg

Half Split Hinge - (EI's):
- 3x 6x20kg dumbbells each side
Lateral raises between sets

Practicing Hang Power Clean and Push Jerk

Stretching/breathing for 10-15 min

Felt absolutely drained and weak today. Had no energy at all, and I almost couldn't squat the weight. I was sweating profusely as well and I have DOMS from last time so I think I might be coming down with something. Maybe.

Warmup:
- Bike 10 min
- C.A.R.'s routine
- Dynamic mobility
- Core activation drills

Boxing:
- Lateral bouncing footwork drill
- Circling
- Controlled steps, added slips, added rolls
- 2-3 rounds of shadowboxing, focus on footwork being tight and feet under me
- Bagwork drill, right hand roll out, right hand smother on the inside, right hand smother on the outside, add turn and left hook
- 2-3 rounds of free bagwork (small steps, moving to the right, power lead hook and right hand mostly)

Leg bridge curls:
- 3x 8xBW

Treadmill run 2km, walk for 500m

Stretching/breathing for 10-15 min

Felt better today. Legs tired but fun session.

Got a new job and have been working full time these last few weeks. Havent really had that much time to train, but did go the other day. Just did some bench, squat, rows and misc stuff. Also did some Aqua bag work and shadowboxing.

Warmup:
- Foam Rolling
- Stretching
- Activation
- Locomotion drills, dynamic stretching, lateral skiers, shadowboxing and footwork drills

Hang Power Clean:
- Warmup and practice reps
- Work up to 3x70kg

Power Jerk:
- Warmup, behind the neck pres and practice reps
- Work up to 3x50kg

Split Jerk:
- Work up to 3x50kg

Squat Cluster Sets:
- bar
- 2x(3)x60kg
- 2x(3)x80kg
- 2x(3)x100kg

Circuit:
- Band Warmup
- Standing Split Stance Cable Row up to 8x50kg each side
- Lateral Lunge 8x12kg kettlebell each side
- Banded Straight Right x8 each side
x2

A Few Bagwork Drills

Stretching/relaxing

Vid of some of my shitty oly lifting today. It's very fun, but I need a lot of practice:

Warmup:
- Foam Roller with some active mobility
- DWMA
- Light shadowboxing

Unfortunately I didn't get to do my locomotives because there were too many people. I really want to keep doing them regularly because I feel great afterwards and they help my footwork tremendously.

Work:
- Bagwork, shadowboxing, footwork, aqua bag work, slip drills, bouncing drills and various other drills on the heavybag for about 1½-2 hours

Cooldown:
- Stretching, breathing
- Some rotator cuff stuff, band work, serratus exercises that I'm trying out and light lateral raises

Warmup:
- Foam roller
- Massage ball and active flexion with focus on serratus
- DWMA

Misc:
- Bird Dogs
- Judo Pushups
- Serratus Wall Slides
- Glut med. clam exercise with band, some posterior push into a wall at the same time
- Glute bridges with band
- Isometric external rotation exercise
- Isometric Pallof presses with band, and band for glut med at the same time.
- Banded rotations

Squat Cluster Sets:
- bar
- Ramp up to 110kg

Cardio:
- Stationary bike for 15 min

Cooldown:
- Stretching and breathing
- Deep flexor isos for the neck

I was trying not to do anything that bothered my neck, as it has been destroyed after the last workout. Heavybag, hard pulling and oly lifting and heavy squats are triggers. I unfortunately couldn't help myself and did the squats, which I regret. I'll just have to not do anything that triggers it for a while, and work on it specificly, otherwise this will never go away. I get fucking headaches and tingling up my face, not to mention eyes hurt and I'm dizzy and nauseas. This last for many days. Cranial nerves and probably a disc or something is fucked, and whiplash didn't help. So I have to do something different. Also, I'm working some general glut activation and some scapula outwards rotation, and serratus work, for my shoulder.

Did a bunch of stuff today.

Warmup:
- Mobility
- Activation drills (fire hydrant, bird dog, judo pushups, lunges, single leg bridge, downward dog, cat/cow, thoratic rotations, hip rotations)
- Lateral skiers, A skips, run/lateral shuffe/backwards running, lateral skips

GPP:
- Sidelying clam with band
- Isometric Pallof press with band + band around knees 3x10 seconds each side
- Pallof presses, circles, flexion and extension x3
- Standing rotations with band 3x5-8 each side
- Isometric neck holds against ball, flex, ex and lateral x3

- Goblet squats x10
- Ipsilateral lunges with 20kg kettlebell 3x10 each leg
- Goblet lateral lunges 20kg kettlebell 3x5 each leg
- Hip hike drill x5 each leg
- GHR + back extension 2x8 reps
- Half Split Hinge 40kg kettlebell 3x10

- Zercher Squats 3 sets of 10x40kg
- Floor press from bridge position

- SIdeplank 60 seconds with arm circles x2 each side
- Situps with feet hooked
- Prone leg raises

Cardio:
- Bike ride 20 min at 125-130 bpm

Cooldown:
- Stretching and breathing
- Somatics

Found a good shoulder capsule and pec minor stretch that actually gave the neck a tiny bit of relief. Will keep doing it.

Last edited:
Warmup:
- Shuffles
- Lateral walks with band
- DWMA
- Fire Hydrant, sidelying clam with band, glute bridges, bird dogs, down dogs

GPP:
- Ipsilateral reverse kettlebell lunges (20kg) 2x10 each leg
- Lateral kettlebell lunges with press up (15kg) 2x5 each leg
- Kettlebell swings with double pulse (20kg) 2x20
- Hip hike drill x5 each leg
- Supine leg curl 3xAMRAP

- Serratus rollouts as warmup
- Serratus press outs 3x5
- Quadriple serratus presses
- Situps with feet hooked 20 reps

- Split stance unilateral cable rows (10kg) 4x10 reps each side
- Reverse flys with small dumbells
- Bendover rows with kettlebell (20kg) 2x10 each side
- Eccentric landings on soft surface x5

Cooldown:
- Stretching a little bit

I'll try some more serratus variations next time. I figured out today that I tend to compensate my GH flexion with thoratic extension, and I'm very mobile in my thoratic spine which means I'm not activating my serratus well enough sometimes doing the exercises. Thats the plus with working with physios.

Last edited:
Very low impact work here the other day. Can't be arsed to even log it all.

Basicly working from the bottom up. Ankles (bands for dorsi, inversion, eversion and some single leg balance work with eyes open/closed and moving the extremities with a tight core) to hamstrings (GHR, bridge variations) to hips (Clam, glut med work, internal/external rotation without hip flexion, bridges, lateral band walks, hip hikes) to situps and leg raises, to serratus work (serratus pushes, serratus pushups, supine serratus activation with straight arm pullover, mobilisation with ball) to shoulders (internal/external rotation with bands, eccentric work for external rotators at various degrees of abduction, reverse flys) and a bit of light isometric neck work. Did some wrist curls, gripping and seated calf raises to end it with.

Ended with a 10km bike ride in 20 minutes at 12 resistance on the bike.

Neck feels better, so me not doing what annoys it for a week so far has helped dial it down. I'll keep doing this stuff, and put in a few more challenging exercises like bottoms up kettlebell variations, ipsilateral lunges, anteriorly loaded lunges, staggered stance trapbar dl (maybe) and so on, for a little while.

Ankle/calf:
- Banded eversion, inversion and dorsi flexion
- Single leg calf raises 2x20 reps each leg, slow
- Hip hike 5 reps each legs with a 10 second isometric at the end

Hips/hammies:
- Glute bridges
- Single leg glute bridges
- Clams, reverse clams and reverse clams with hip extension
- Banded hip rotations
- Single leg banded hip rotations
- Lateral walks with band
- Supine leg curls on sliders AMRAP

Serratus/shoulders:
- Banded external rotation
- Banded internal rotation
- Scaption upward rotation drill with bend elbow
- Isometric scapula pushup on unstable surface, progressed to one hand with ipsilateral hip extension
- Low rows with band
- Reverse flys + reverse wings

Dynamic/eccentric absorbtion work:
- Ankle boundings
- Locomotive drills (skips, shuffles, lateral runs, more)
- Soft single leg landings on unstable surface
- Soft single leg lateral landings on unstable surface
- Soft bilateral upper body landings on unstable surface

Neck/core:
- Neck isometrics front, back and both sides against ball x2-3
- Situps with feet attached

Kettlebell and lunge work:
- Reverse lunges with contralateral kettlebell
- Lateral lunges with kettlebell
- Lateral lunges to single leg overhead press
- Kneeling bottoms up hold each side x2 to failure
- Goblet squat 20 reps
- Forward lunges with banded rotations

I think that was all. I measured my IR on both hips which was about 20-25 on my left and 15 on my right at about 90 of hip flexion. I will try to work on that with this program I'm doing and retest in a month or so. I did knee to wall as well and managed 17 cm on my left and 13-14cm on my right, that I'll retest as well. Both measured cold. Internal rotation seems to almost be normal in my right shoulder, which used to be about 10 degrees less than my left.

Warmup:
- Locomotion
- Ankle drills
- Shadowboxing

Ankles:
- Single leg calf raises 2x15 with 10 seconds iso hold at last rep

Hips/hammies
- Clams with band 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Reverse clams 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Reverse clams with hip extension 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Glute bridges, bridges and single leg bridges with band 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Supine adduction 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Standing single leg adduction with band 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Supine leg curls on sliders AMRAP

Serratus/shoulders:
- External rotation without abduction 2x10 reps, 10 second hold
- Internal rotation without abduction 2x10 reps, 10 second hold
- Internal rotation with 45 degrees of abduction 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Low rows 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Split stance low rows 10 reps, 10 second
- Hip hinge low rows 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Fight stance horizontal row 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Quadruped serratus pushup 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Quadruped serratus pushup with ipsilateral leg lifted 2x10 second hold

Core/neck:
- Ab sliding on sliders 2x8 reps, 10 second hold
- Pallof pres 5 reps, 30 seconds hold
- Fight stance pallof press 2x30 seconds hold

- Kettlebell deadlift 20kg, 3x10 reps, 10 second hold
- Reverse lunge with anterior kettlebell 16kg, 3x10 reps, 10 second hold
- Kneeling bottoms up holds 8kg, 3x30 seconds both sides in scapular plane

Some pushups.

Yesterday

Warmup:

- Locomotion
- Ankle drills
- Shadowboxing / Footwork

Ankles/feet:
- Inversion, Eversion, Dorsi with bands
- Single leg calf raises 2x15 with 10 seconds iso hold at last rep
- Short foot holds (big toe up, big toe down, arch hold)
- Toe spreads

Hips/hammies
- Clams with band 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Sidelying glute med kickback (internal rotation for anterior fibers) 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Glute bridges, bridges and single leg bridges with band 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Single leg rotations

Serratus/shoulders/upper body:
- External rotation without abduction 2x10 reps, 10 second hold
- Internal rotation without abduction 2x10 reps, 10 second hold
- Internal rotation with 45 degrees of abduction 10 reps, 10 second hold
- Dynamic stability for rotator cuff with ball against wall
- Pushups

Core/neck:
- Isoholds with ball against wall
- Low ROM drills with ball against wall (some radiating neck pain here)
- Incline plank with unilateral reverse fly 3x10

- Lateral lunges with step ups and OHP press 3x10 each side
- Curtsy squats 3x20 with 10 seconds isohold

Stretches/movement:
- Something simular to Sun Salutations, stretching the fascia lines both front and back (felt really good)
- Some rotationary fascia line stretching and moving
- Hip flexor stretching

Two things to note. Was reading through Anatomy Trains, and while some of the fascia consideraitons by Myers are not well supported, and honestly some of it I think is silly, the anatomy is pretty solid and trying it out it feels great. I'll try to see if I can attack my neck issues with that and get some more anterior stretching going on. It's a lot of bang for your buck getting all the slings and muscles at the same time.

Second, Im trying to work on my hip IR, especially in a fight stance. It just makes it easier to move to the right and have a good stance still. Also, neck isos and working overhead still annoys the neck a bit, albeit it's manageable if I don't do high intensity work.

Today:

Shadowboxing at home.

More speed work. I haven't done any heavy lifting, explosive work or speed work in a while and neck is doing much better because of it. However, after like 4-5 rounds of speed and volume in the shadowboxing today, my neck is hurting and tingling up my face. It's not just about the tempo and power, it's about the volume too. I maybe have a few rounds in me before it start getting irritated, unless I go slow... Still a puzzle to be solved. I have to cut the speed out for a month or so more and do some very brief low intensity deep flexor exercises with a relatively high frequency and see if it helps.

Last edited:
Yep, neck has been iffy since the speed work and eyes starts watering and are very irritated. At least I know if I keep away from bagwork, speed work, explosive work and heavy squats I can stay clear.... Still need to find a path back.

Anyway, I took my mom to the gym today and helped her refine a program I made for her some time ago, in relations to her back and knee pain. It was nice seeing her and helping her out. I did some exercises myself as well.

Warmup:
- Locomotion
- Ankle drills
- Dynamic
- Light shadowboxing

Hips/hammies
- Sidelying glute med kickback (internal rotation for anterior fibers) 10 reps, 10 second hold

- BW squats
- Goblet squats
- Ipsilateral and contralateral lunges with a light kettlebell
- Single leg kettlebell rows 3x10 each side with 12kgx2 kettlebell.

- Highbar Squat 3x 10x75kg with 5-8 second iso hold at the end of each set

Stretches/movement:
- Something simular to Sun Salutations, stretching the fascia lines both front and back (felt really good)
- Some rotationary fascia line stretching and moving
- Hip flexor stretching
- Glut med stretches in 90/90 position

CBA to write much in detail today lol. It's late and I've had a long day. Anyway, did some kettlebell deadlifts, rows from a single leg deadlift stance, backwards lunges with ipsilateral and contralateral kettlebell, lateral lunges with press ups, overhead carries, kneeling press ups, turkish getups and shadowboxing. Went a little heavier than usually which was good.

BTW, I applied for a masters in humanphysiology so it'll be interesting if I get in. Depends on how many try to enroll because my bachelors in physicaltherapy does not give direct access. Oh, and I will be one of the authors of an article about concussion and long term symptoms, that hopefully will be published in a journal when we're done. It'll probably take about 6 months.

CBA to write much in detail today lol. It's late and I've had a long day. Anyway, did some kettlebell deadlifts, rows from a single leg deadlift stance, backwards lunges with ipsilateral and contralateral kettlebell, lateral lunges with press ups, overhead carries, kneeling press ups, turkish getups and shadowboxing. Went a little heavier than usually which was good.

BTW, I applied for a masters in humanphysiology so it'll be interesting if I get in. Depends on how many try to enroll because my bachelors in physicaltherapy does not give direct access. Oh, and I will be one of the authors of an article about concussion and long term symptoms, that hopefully will be published in a journal when we're done. It'll probably take about 6 months.

good luck

Went climbing (bouldering) today, that was very fun! Did some chinups and random stuff after, but forearms were fried and pumped like never before doing all that wall climbing. I'll definitely go do it again.

good luck
Thanks man!

Worked out a little at work today after I got off.

Stationary bike, forward, lateral, diagonal and backwards lunges with and without weight, rows, single leg deadlifts, single leg deadlift rows with kettlebells, isometric sprint holds, skate hops, single leg hops, lateral shuffles, bridges, leg whips, half kneeling pressups (bottoms up and normal), one leg pushups, band low rows from dl stance, staggered stance half squats and some footwork/shadowboxing.

Neck is fucking hurting and has been bothering me since the climbing. Also a friend of mine tried to do some manual mobilisation of my C5 (which is basicly stuck), but it's right where the pain and discomfort radiates from. It's really annoyed, with dizzyness and nausea to boot. And the training today didn't help it. I need to go back on what I was going to do! So hard to be patient with it and not get excited when exercising...

Worked out today at work again after I was done. Did some lateral step ups, lunges to step ups, plank holds with knee raises, external rotations with bands, PNF 1 with bands, deep cervical flexor exercises, situps with feet hooked and shadowboxing for about 3-4 rounds, pretty slow and calm. Listened to some relaxing music for like 20 min at the end and stretched my quads, glutes and neck, all while lying down. Tried a few new stretches and it was so relaxing...

20 min on the stationary bike and some benchpress and chest/bicep work. Need to build up those beach muscles a little.

A few shadowboxing notes I'll just dot down here. Arms in, practice both bouncing and low center, practice stepping to the right and small steps with punches. Use defensive movements in sequence at times.

My neck has been fucked so can't really do anything proper. Did some shadowboxing at work, but can't punch properly and after my neck was screwed up. One of my coworkers is an osteopath and knows cranial/neck fascia and neurology better than I, and she might be able to refer me to someone who may be able to help. I'm for sure a chronic PCS/whiplash case which doesn't bode well for my prognosis, but I wont give up.

Anyway, focused on some smooth movement instead, listening to some good old George Michael:

Back