Emmanuel Rodriguez-Omar Narvaez Moves To March 11 SHO Bill

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The fight between Puerto Rican world contender Emmanuel "Manny" Rodriguez (15-0, 10 KO'S) and former world champion Omar Narvaez (46-2-2, 24 KO'S), which was previously scheduled for March 4 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, has been pushed back by a week.

The fight has now been officially changed for Saturday, March 11 at the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. The card will involved mandatory world titles defenses by Gary Russell Jr. and Jermell Charlo. BoxingScene.com has reported the potential date switch last month.

Some issues were up in the air, but a problem with Narvaez's visa has officially pushed the date back "Due to some details with the Narvaez visa, the best thing was to change the fight for March 11 and thus avoid greater uncertainty and get back to safety.

We've already been told that it will be televised on Showtime or Showtime Extreme," said promoter John Orengo of Fresh Productions. Meanwhile, the Puerto Rican boxer was not worried: "I've been ready to fight since December, so the change of date will not affect me at all. On March 11 I'll continue to show that I belong in the big fights with the best 118-pound fighters.

I have not stopped working to fulfill my goals and more now that I have the extra motivation from the birth of my beautiful daughter. The Rodriguez-Narváez bout is to determine the mandatory challenger of the current International Boxing Federation (IBF) champion in the 118-pound category, Lee Haskins (34-3, 14 KO's) of England. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/emmanuel...arch-11-sho-bill--113876#sthash.c9drvWE1.dpuf

Back