Emily Blunt’s character in Sicario

But it's not that simple.

If I gave you a copy of my book without a name all you'd need to do is cut and paste one paragraph of my book and it will lead you straight to me. I did it.

So there is no way of getting you my books without your inability to find me.

Isnt anyone who would read your book capable of "finding you"?

There are several published authors on sherdog, all of whom seem proud of their work and more than happy to divulge it to potential readers. Youre the one that brought up your cred, you cant be surprised if someone calls you on it.

Check it out, I read your poems. Not bad. Not bad at all. But you're sitting here "promising" you can write better stories and characters than academy award nominated screenwriters. That's rather high praise to give yourself and give absolutely nothing to back it up except a decent poem.

Isnt anyone who would read your book capable of "finding you"?

There are several published authors on sherdog, all of whom seem proud of their work and more than happy to divulge it to potential readers. Youre the one that brought up your cred, you cant be surprised if someone calls you on it.

Check it out, I read your poems. Not bad. Not bad at all. But you're sitting here "promising" you can write better stories and characters than academy award nominated screenwriters. That's rather high praise to give yourself and give absolutely nothing to back it up except a decent poem.
You know people will usually say, not bad, when they begrudgingly have to give credit where it's due. Just food for thought.

Lost in translation won an academy award for screenplay. Did you seriously watch the movie and think that was good writing?

<LikeReally5>

Hollywood is all about supporting their own. The film industry and writing industry is a lot like the UFC these days. What gets promoted isn't always what's best.

I would love to post my work without getting my identity in the mix. It would shut a lot of you up pretty quickly.

I'm getting a novelette copyrighted as we speak. It can't be traced back to me... unfortunately it doesn't demonstrate my ability to write good characters or provide a proper climax because those weren't my goals. I wrote it to challenge myself regarding a different type of writing. Maybe I'll publish it here.

Ps. I wrote those poems in my early 20's. Just blowing off steam. I'm in my mid 40's now.

Sounds like the fate of mankind. Went from lean and mean hunter gatherers to vegan hipsters counting on social aid

a2m2eED_700b.jpg

Now I know why I turned to mathematics. It's the only thing that makes sense to me nowadays

I fucking love math. It's the foundation of everything that we do! Learning calculus really changed my life. It brought together so many different concepts when we got into integrals.

And she was not intended to be a 'Hero' btw which you might have understood if you looked at the movie with a deeper comprehension. But I know, you NEED a hero to enjoy the movie, right?

I don't think people care that she wasn't a hero. I think they cared that she was just so fucking whiney in ever single scene she was in. The girl was supposed to be an FBI HRT member, and hot shit at that. They are literally some of the best on the planet at CQB.

She was that.... But whiney and cried all the time. I just don't buy it. These are real pipe hitters with the same skill level as tier 1 military units when it comes to kicking doors. They literally send FBI SRT overseas to run missions with special operations.

Someone who got to that level wouldn't be so soft. It's crazy unrealistic. They should have replaced her character with someone who was cool with the mission and was useful.

Remember the tunnel raid? CAG operators were talking shit to her about keeping their weapons down and stuff. CAG and HRT literally go to the same schools and have the same skill sets. It's hilariously off base.

Lol. I want to stay anonymous on here so now I'm paranoid?

Lol. You should quit while you're behind.

6f8a5fe754d299b65d8eb92ade51625d0d23eee41307d2176875c8fc36d7c438.jpg

Lol at bragging having 2 books on Amazon. Anyone can have their books published on that site. That's like bragging you're the UFC champ (hint: D level)

OP what other women in cinema annoy you?
oh, there are a few who, while smokin' hot, are still pretending with this girl on girl bullshit, they need to be doing ATM or taking the BBC already.......

.......<Prem973><{Ray1}>................sorry wrong website message board.

You know people will usually say, not bad, when they begrudgingly have to give credit where it's due. Just food for thought.

Lost in translation won an academy award for screenplay. Did you seriously watch the movie and think that was good writing?

<LikeReally5>

Hollywood is all about supporting their own. The film industry and writing industry is a lot like the UFC these days. What gets promoted isn't always what's best.

I would love to post my work without getting my identity in the mix. It would shut a lot of you up pretty quickly.

I'm getting a novelette copyrighted as we speak. It can't be traced back to me... unfortunately it doesn't demonstrate my ability to write good characters or provide a proper climax because those weren't my goals. I wrote it to challenge myself regarding a different type of writing. Maybe I'll publish it here.

Ps. I wrote those poems in my early 20's. Just blowing off steam. I'm in my mid 40's now.

Im not begrudgingly giving anything. Im freely giving you my 2 cents. Its not bad. I've read better. But I've also read worse. Someone might give it a better subjective rating than me, while someone else might give it worse. Youre getting defensive with criticism even when it isnt really criticism.

You wrote a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with what I said. Youre dismissing accolades of professional writers because youre attempting to convince us you have more talent and capability than they do despite their prestigious awards for work we can actually judge and your complete unwillingness to let us judge your own work. A poem isnt gonna cut it if you're trying to convince me I should be listening to you about writing over an academy award winning screenwriter, which is exactly what you're attempting to do.

The biggest question it raises is why you even bring it up at all? You must know that no one is going to believe you and its just going to derail the conversation like it already has, making it seem almost like some sort of attention grab. As a general rule, if you want to claim expertise you need to back it up with something. Otherwise it's a completely useless segue into meaningless bickering over something no one is going to accept.

Last edited:
Im not begrudgingly giving anything. Im freely giving you my 2 cents. Its not bad. I've read better. But I've also read worse. Someone might give it a better subjective rating than me, while someone else might give it worse. Youre getting defensive with criticism even when it isnt really criticism.

You wrote a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with what I said. Youre dismissing accolades of professional writers because youre attempting to convince us you have more talent and capability than they do despite their prestigious awards for work we can actually judge and your complete unwillingness to let us judge your own work. A poem isnt gonna cut it if you're trying to convince me I should be listening to you about writing over an academy award winning screenwriter, which is exactly what you're attempting to do.

The biggest question it raises is why you even bring it up at all? You must know that no one is going to believe you and its just going to derail the conversation like it already has, making it seem almost like some sort of attention grab. As a general rule, if you want to claim expertise you need to back it up with something. Otherwise it's a completely useless segue into meaningless bickering over something no one is going to accept.
Please learn reading comprehension. I never tried to demonstrate my work on here as my standard.

Another poster wanted me to post my work (post 128 of this thread) as proof I had a claim to refute this crap character and I told him I will address the thread topic at hand, not my work (my post 131). He eventually took his ball and went home after he could not refute my claims ITT.. Then you mysteriously appeared to confront me regarding my writing and credits.

Look. I already pwded you in this thread (which is why you're probably hostile toward me now):

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mike-ohearn-claims-this-but-how-could-it-be-true.3688649/page-5

Listen. Focus...

I don't need to promote my work on here to demonstrate Blunt's character had huge holes. If your honest with yourself, I already proved that ITT.

If you have anything to debate me regarding the topic of this thread... bring it. As yet, you're just making noise.

Last edited:
That's interesting... Seems hard to manage a team from the front. Also seems bad for the team if the team leader gets waxed coming through a door. What is the idea behind doing this? I can see how having someone experienced out front for that initial entry, but when it turns to chaos and people start getting cement feet it seems like you'd want that team leader in the back kicking people in the ass.
So I know the 82nd Airborne does this because "an NCO leads everything in the 82nd." I don't think the whole "must lead from the front" is a good reason for doing it, but they do. I know some other units that choose to rely on the team leader's experience as the far man in the room (we like to fight the corners in the Army, while some of the other services like to use the strong wall. Which do the Marines use?). Personally, I don't think it matters much because if you're doing it right, virtually every room becomes a 2-man clear. Yes, seriously. Really good units using a 4-man team can take a whole one-level structure with about 8 rooms in under a minute.

Lol. I want to stay anonymous on here so now I'm paranoid?

Lol. You should quit while you're behind.
No you are demonstrating paranoia in your comments about the accessibility of the sherdog PM's, as if anyone would want to hack into or read your PM's. o_O And you show paranoia about Hollywood in general and the academy and express it like its holding you back.

Anyway dude I don't care to pick on. As others have said its fine to keep your life private but then you need to not use it as a key to your argument if you are unwilling to substantiate it. Just make your arguments, which if you have that cred (and I in fact hope you do as its nice to know forum mates do well) it will come out in the strength of your written arguments. You don't need to try and pad it with your resume especially when you won't show your work.

I fucking love math. It's the foundation of everything that we do! Learning calculus really changed my life. It brought together so many different concepts when we got into integrals.

I don't think people care that she wasn't a hero. I think they cared that she was just so fucking whiney in ever single scene she was in. The girl was supposed to be an FBI HRT member, and hot shit at that. They are literally some of the best on the planet at CQB.

She was that.... But whiney and cried all the time. I just don't buy it. These are real pipe hitters with the same skill level as tier 1 military units when it comes to kicking doors. They literally send FBI SRT overseas to run missions with special operations.

Someone who got to that level wouldn't be so soft. It's crazy unrealistic. They should have replaced her character with someone who was cool with the mission and was useful.

Remember the tunnel raid? CAG operators were talking shit to her about keeping their weapons down and stuff. CAG and HRT literally go to the same schools and have the same skill sets. It's hilariously off base.

I don't think she could have carried the equipment. Ceramic plates alone are in the 25lbs range. We're not talking about grocery bags. Not only does she not have the personality that goes with such character, but she also lacks the appearance. If she looked like Cris Cyborg, I would believe it. But there's no way an ambercrombie and fitch model could carry that weight. Her neck would have bent forwards under the weight of the NVG's :D

An engineer came and collected data on our current equipment (some project to upgrade or replace it). One of the data he collected was the minimal weight (helmet, ballistic plates, kevlar, nvg, vest, rounds, gun and personal radio) and it averaged 55lbs (disregarding everything else). Usually you may carry on top of that laptops, thermal imagers, c4, biometric eye scanner to identify perps and other useless crap that only serves you once in a lifetime, but which you are required to have anyway). Emily Blunt would have collapsed under that weight, I guarantee it. Combat load went up dramatically in recent times and must be close to medieval knights except they had a horse to carry the weight, and today you are the horse

So I know the 82nd Airborne does this because "an NCO leads everything in the 82nd." I don't think the whole "must lead from the front" is a good reason for doing it, but they do. I know some other units that choose to rely on the team leader's experience as the far man in the room (we like to fight the corners in the Army, while some of the other services like to use the strong wall. Which do the Marines use?). Personally, I don't think it matters much because if you're doing it right, virtually every room becomes a 2-man clear. Yes, seriously. Really good units using a 4-man team can take a whole one-level structure with about 8 rooms in under a minute.

While I kind of understand the idea of leading from the front, the quarterback isn't on the offensive line for a reason. The coach is way behind the action. It's harder to see the big picture when you're running point.

Marines are taught to fight the corners, which seems pretty solid to me. I think it's SEALs who use the strong wall right?

One technique I've gotten interested in is the Delta Wedge. It's supposed to be something that the Unit is using where they fight the corners but point man also runs the wall. I'm not entirely sure why running the wall and putting yourself downrange of your entire team is a good idea.

I don't think she could have carried the equipment. Ceramic plates alone are in the 25lbs range. We're not talking about grocery bags. Not only does she not have the personality that goes with such character, but she also lacks the appearance. If she looked like Cris Cyborg, I would believe it. But there's no way an ambercrombie and fitch model could carry that weight. Her neck would have bent forwards under the weight of the NVG's :D

An engineer came and collected data on our current equipment (some project to upgrade or replace it). One of the data he collected was the minimal weight (helmet, ballistic plates, kevlar, nvg, vest, rounds, gun and personal radio) and it averaged 55lbs (disregarding everything else). Usually you may carry on top of that laptops, thermal imagers, c4, biometric eye scanner to identify perps and other useless crap that only serves you once in a lifetime, but which you are required to have anyway). Emily Blunt would have collapsed under that weight, I guarantee it. Combat load went up dramatically in recent times and must be close to medieval knights except they had a horse to carry the weight, and today you are the horse

Oh definitely females can't handle that load.
Ultimately the FBI HRT is a legit fighting team. Those men are alongside DEVGRU and Delta as far as CQB skills go. That's literally all they train for you know? Precision entry and overwhelming force against a fortified, defending enemy with friendlies being held captive.They are probably the best non-military unit in the American arsenal. If you find yourself on the other side of HRT, your time is seriously limited. You literally can't even join this team unless you're previously trained with a high level unit like SWAT or military combat arms. HRT is fucking sick and Emily Blunt isn't believable for one second as a fucking team leader for HRT. She'd be getting them coffee and donuts after missions, not leading them.

While I kind of understand the idea of leading from the front, the quarterback isn't on the offensive line for a reason. The coach is way behind the action. It's harder to see the big picture when you're running point.

Marines are taught to fight the corners, which seems pretty solid to me. I think it's SEALs who use the strong wall right?

One technique I've gotten interested in is the Delta Wedge. It's supposed to be something that the Unit is using where they fight the corners but point man also runs the wall. I'm not entirely sure why running the wall and putting yourself downrange of your entire team is a good idea.

Oh definitely females can't handle that load.
Ultimately the FBI HRT is a legit fighting team. Those men are alongside DEVGRU and Delta as far as CQB skills go. That's literally all they train for you know? Precision entry and overwhelming force against a fortified, defending enemy with friendlies being held captive.They are probably the best non-military unit in the American arsenal. If you find yourself on the other side of HRT, your time is seriously limited. You literally can't even join this team unless you're previously trained with a high level unit like SWAT or military combat arms. HRT is fucking sick and Emily Blunt isn't believable for one second as a fucking team leader for HRT. She'd be getting them coffee and donuts after missions, not leading them.
Yeah, running point certainly takes your off the bigger picture. I won't disagree there. But you have to be there to a certain extent, so you can't lead a mission as the GFC while in a room somewhere off the battlefield. It's a balance of being there without being there.

Yeah, SEALs use strong wall. As far as I can tell by what you're saying, this Delta Wedge is how we do it in the Army. It's not just the Unit that does it. The #1 and #2 man should end up in opposing corners (with a bunch of huge caveats to that). The idea is overlapping sectors of fire, catching everything in crossfire like in an L-shaped ambush. There is some other stuff too, but I don't want to put out the details for the whole world to see.

FBI agents can try out for HRT after 3 years as a field agent. This can be waivered if the agent in question has experience in SOF. I wouldn't say that they are CAG level, but they are pretty fucking good. Every bit as good as SF units. I've worked with them before, and they are pretty sharp dudes who are in shape. The only problem that they face is the same as most organizations: Career progression. You can't make it to GS-15 and have spent your whole time in the FBI on HRT. They want you to go other places and do other things, and then skills atrophy. Such is the problem of bureaucracies like the US government. Oh well...

What you said is exactly my issue with her role. HRT and spec ops train. I mean, HRT is the mold other federal law enforcement agencies use to create their HRT or SRT. If she was truly HRT she would not act the way she does in this movie. That is my big issue with the damn movie. I know it's a movie and we can stretch the truth but this character irked me to no end.

No you are demonstrating paranoia in your comments about the accessibility of the sherdog PM's, as if anyone would want to hack into or read your PM's. o_O And you show paranoia about Hollywood in general and the academy and express it like its holding you back.

Anyway dude I don't care to pick on. As others have said its fine to keep your life private but then you need to not use it as a key to your argument if you are unwilling to substantiate it. Just make your arguments, which if you have that cred (and I in fact hope you do as its nice to know forum mates do well) it will come out in the strength of your written arguments. You don't need to try and pad it with your resume especially when you won't show your work.
You're spinning paranoia because you already lost the argument pertaining to the thread.

I merely said I was a writer, which is a fact. I never said I needed to demonstrate my work to substantiate my comments in this thread. You asked for my resume. When I gave you proof of my writing, you ignored it outright. You're full of games kid. And you lost this conversation a long time ago.

I don't worship Hollywood the way you dorks do. I also don't worship publishers who tell me Twilight is a great literary work. Their in the business of making money. Which is fine. But that doesn't equate to them backing the best art out there.

But you're too dumb and desperate to back them to process these simple facts. So good arguments are completely lost on you.

So you should avoid threads like this, that rub against the grain. You're so desperate to become part of the grain, you can't take the rub.

That's all that happened here. Shills exist. You probably are one. Whoop-de-do.

She was a good character essential to the plot. I understand not liking her idealistic nature. But that was the point it takes certain people able to cross that morale line to get shit done. She was used and manipulated for her ideals. Matt knew her partner would not play ball and see his manipulation for what it was, and he eventually did cough lawyers cough.

Edit: also how is the back treating you?

Last edited:
Yeah, running point certainly takes your off the bigger picture. I won't disagree there. But you have to be there to a certain extent, so you can't lead a mission as the GFC while in a room somewhere off the battlefield. It's a balance of being there without being there.

Yeah, SEALs use strong wall. As far as I can tell by what you're saying, this Delta Wedge is how we do it in the Army. It's not just the Unit that does it. The #1 and #2 man should end up in opposing corners (with a bunch of huge caveats to that). The idea is overlapping sectors of fire, catching everything in crossfire like in an L-shaped ambush. There is some other stuff too, but I don't want to put out the details for the whole world to see.

FBI agents can try out for HRT after 3 years as a field agent. This can be waivered if the agent in question has experience in SOF. I wouldn't say that they are CAG level, but they are pretty fucking good. Every bit as good as SF units. I've worked with them before, and they are pretty sharp dudes who are in shape. The only problem that they face is the same as most organizations: Career progression. You can't make it to GS-15 and have spent your whole time in the FBI on HRT. They want you to go other places and do other things, and then skills atrophy. Such is the problem of bureaucracies like the US government. Oh well...

Yeah we fight from the corners in the Marine Corps, but I've never trained to push the point down the room like that. I guess it's more of a limited penetration. I guess the worry is exposure to friendly fire. I can see how pushing down the wall could be a great tactic if you have good shooters.

I'm not surprised that the rest of the SF community uses that method, that's just what they happened to call it at the CQB course when I went. They went over a long list of various techniques and they taught it as the Delta wedge. Of course I don't want to put any information out that's giving away secrets of the trade, but since I could find it on the Google machine I assume nothing I've posted it too secret.

I can't imagine getting much more proficient at room clearing than what I've seen of HRT. I'm sure CAG has a wider range of skills than HRT, but do you really think they are that much better in clearing rooms? If so, that's amazingly frightening. They look damn near perfect.

That's how it seems it's always been moving the chain. In the Corps if you're enlisted combat arms your entire career, you'd be lucky to make it past Gunny. If you're an officer, you damn near need to have been combat arms at some point, but you have to had moved on to something else if you ever want to get a star.

What you said is exactly my issue with her role. HRT and spec ops train. I mean, HRT is the mold other federal law enforcement agencies use to create their HRT or SRT. If she was truly HRT she would not act the way she does in this movie. That is my big issue with the damn movie. I know it's a movie and we can stretch the truth but this character irked me to no end.

Yeah it's pretty silly. I would have enjoyed a movie that was just about SOG going after the cartels without some whiney gash.

Yeah we fight from the corners in the Marine Corps, but I've never trained to push the point down the room like that. I guess it's more of a limited penetration. I guess the worry is exposure to friendly fire. I can see how pushing down the wall could be a great tactic if you have good shooters.

I'm not surprised that the rest of the SF community uses that method, that's just what they happened to call it at the CQB course when I went. They went over a long list of various techniques and they taught it as the Delta wedge. Of course I don't want to put any information out that's giving away secrets of the trade, but since I could find it on the Google machine I assume nothing I've posted it too secret.

I can't imagine getting much more proficient at room clearing than what I've seen of HRT. I'm sure CAG has a wider range of skills than HRT, but do you really think they are that much better in clearing rooms? If so, that's amazingly frightening. They look damn near perfect.

That's how it seems it's always been moving the chain. In the Corps if you're enlisted combat arms your entire career, you'd be lucky to make it past Gunny. If you're an officer, you damn near need to have been combat arms at some point, but you have to had moved on to something else if you ever want to get a star.

Yeah it's pretty silly. I would have enjoyed a movie that was just about SOG going after the cartels without some whiney gash.

Fellow grunt here. 0331/8531. 10 years l.e.o experience to include SWAT schools and other kewl stuff.

I see you're well versed in CQB and relative tactics.

It's odd a guy with such experience in scary, dynamic shit shits on cops for handling their business. Weird.

Do you remember @ Bragg a few years back, female sfc maybe at the time msg (won't mention her name) at the time killed her neighbor. She was a fucking badass of the rare women that knew her shit and compete she was one of them.

Crazy she was not charged for killing the dude.

Tiny Crazy Korean chick

Back