Emily Blunt’s character in Sicario

Everything about you says you need an ABC movie. A text book hero, a text book villain. You have no concept, ZERO that movies can exist with a bad guy but no clean or clear hero and that is on you.

I'm going to say something that will shock you and that is a movie can instead have a bunch of flawed characters. The bad guys can be seen as somewhat sympathetic and good and you can cheer for them and the good guys can be very flawed, make mistakes and frustrate and anger you and that is ok.

And by Ok, I mean to anyone who does not require Disney like ABC presentation.
You're ignorant. You can write a good flawed character.

The movie didn't have a character to get behind. That was the problem. It works in a film like Reservoir Dogs.

In this film it doesn't work. She had the wrong flaws.

I'm no fan of Christianity or religion in general, but I'm genuinely curious in your books for sale on Amazon. I'd be willing to read them if you provide the links. Seriously.
I appreciate the support but I just can reveal my identity on here.

I'm also one of the people who believe PM's can be accessed by more than a few people. So that's a no too.

Lol. I'll put my writing against anyone in Hollywood. ...

If your a legit Christian you have no shot at Hollywood or getting published. None, unless God steps in.

.../

Nuff said from you.

Even if you are left great writer it that you use constant appeals to authority that makes you mock-able and dismissible. That you think anyone on a sherdog forum should take your credentials as the reason for dismissing and belittling Hollywood writers is laughable.

I appreciate the support but I just can reveal my identity on here.

I'm also one of the people who believe PM's can be accessed by more than a few people. So that's a no too.

well figure out a way to get me the link and i'll read it. otherwise i have no choice but to assume you're trolling.

You're ignorant. You can write a good flawed character.

The movie didn't have a character to get behind. That was the problem. It works in a film like Reservoir Dogs.

In this film it doesn't work. She had the wrong flaws.
You've been pretty clear in your quotes below that you need an ABC character the type a teenager might write.

" I would have made her a likeable, realistic bad ass..."

"I can't support a dumb hero. No one can."

Yes a hero can be dumb and does not have to likable or a bad ass. they can be flawed and they can be dumb.

And she was not intended to be a 'Hero' btw which you might have understood if you looked at the movie with a deeper comprehension. But I know, you NEED a hero to enjoy the movie, right?

well figure out a way to get me the link and i'll read it. otherwise i have no choice but to assume you're trolling.
He exhibits paranoia and is an internet braggart trying to use his internet cred to dismiss Hollywood writers as lesser than him. He is trolling. he just does not mean to.

Nuff said from you.

Even if you are left great writer it that you use constant appeals to authority that makes you mock-able and dismissible. That you think anyone on a sherdog forum should take your credentials as the reason for dismissing and belittling Hollywood writers is laughable.
You're the one who's laughable. You asked for some of my writing. I gave it and you delete it from my post.

On here I defended my points and you took your ball and went home.

That's all that happened in here.

Lol. Now @MikeMcMann needs cheerleaders to assist him.

Pathetic shill.

The fact you are demanding something that would reveal my identity on here confirms you're the troll. Lol.

You've been pretty clear in your quotes below that you need an ABC character the type a teenager might write.

" I would have made her a likeable, realistic bad ass..."

"I can't support a dumb hero. No one can."

Yes a hero can be dumb and does not have to likable or a bad ass. they can be flawed and they can be dumb.

And she was not intended to be a 'Hero' btw which you might have understood if you looked at the movie with a deeper comprehension. But I know, you NEED a hero to enjoy the movie, right?
Focus moron. The hero isn't the problem although I have addressed that aspect.

The BIGGER problem (see what I did there :)) was this flick didn't have a character to get behind. That's a problem for this type of movie. Like I said, it works in edgy flicks like Reservoir Dogs. But it's a particular style.

Sicario needed that character and without it there was a void, a vacuum.

That's what is being discussed in this thread.

You're a terrible shill inviting cheerleaders in here. Lol.

He exhibits paranoia and is an internet braggart trying to use his internet cred to dismiss Hollywood writers as lesser than him. He is trolling. he just does not mean to.
Lol. I want to stay anonymous on here so now I'm paranoid?

Lol. You should quit while you're behind.

Lol. Now @MikeMcMann needs cheerleaders to assist him.

Pathetic shill.

The fact you are demanding something that would reveal my identity on here confirms you're the troll. Lol.

please. with all due respect, i have no fucking idea who Mike mcMann is and i have fucking no idea who you are. my account is old but I pop in very infrequently. therefore I have very little grasp on who people are and what their stories are.

I have read a book recommended to me by a user on here before that I enjoyed, so I'm simply trying to get another book recommendation. If you think that there's something more to this, that's on you. your loss.

Would bang. Is that the right answer here?

please. with all due respect, i have no fucking idea who Mike mcMann is and i have fucking no idea who you are. my account is old but I pop in very infrequently. therefore I have very little grasp on who people are and what their stories are.

I have read a book recommended to me by a user on here before that I enjoyed, so I'm simply trying to get another book recommendation. If you think that there's something more to this, that's on you. your loss.
You basically asked for me to post my identity on here and if I didn't I'm obviously a troll.

No one has the right to attempt to force that on someone. If you can't see that you're not worth talking to.

You basically asked for me to post my identity on here and if I didn't I'm obviously a troll.

No one has the right to attempt to force that on someone. If you can't see that you're not worth talking to.

incorrect. i said i wanted to read your books and that you should find out a way to get it to me without revealing your identity to the other members on here. that hardly means posting your name in a public post. and it also doesn't mean PMing me links (because apparently private messages aren't safe). i can PM you an email address that you can send a link to. nobody else will see it and nobody will know who you are. it's pretty simple.

incorrect. i said i wanted to read your books and that you should find out a way to get it to me without revealing your identity to the other members on here. that hardly means posting your name in a public post. and it also doesn't mean PMing me links (because apparently private messages aren't safe). i can PM you an email address that you can send a link to. nobody else will see it and nobody will know who you are. it's pretty simple.
But it's not that simple.

If I gave you a copy of my book without a name all you'd need to do is cut and paste one paragraph of my book and it will lead you straight to me. I did it.

So there is no way of getting you my books without your inability to find me.

She fine
emily-blunt-s1590x2271-447159.jpg

Think about that statement. Youre literally saying an FBI agent that wanted to do everything by the book and bring all criminals to justice in the most legal way possible should have been murdered.

Which to me did seem part of the problem, her character stays rather too straight laced and doesn't really face much of a moral crisis. That seems a waste to me as I think Blunt's an excellent actress who could obviously have sold rather more.

It does kind of come back to an issue I have with Villeneuve generally, his films to me feel like there intended to be built mostly on atmosphere/tone yet I don't find them as interesting in this respect as they seem to believe themselves to be. Not to say they aren't without there merits here but if you compare his Blade Runner to Scott's I think the latter clearly comes out ontop. Villeneuve to me seems almost afraid to really cut loose visually the way Scott did for fear of being viewed as over the top falling back to a kind of tasteful minimalism instead.

Last edited:
But it's not that simple.

If I gave you a copy of my book without a name all you'd need to do is cut and paste one paragraph of my book and it will lead you straight to me. I did it.

So there is no way of getting you my books without your inability to find me.

I respect that. But if you're so concerned about your identity, why do you make such a big deal about it? Why not pretend you're just some slob like the rest of us? Also please check PMs.

@DataBreach is a false prophet imo

And probably an awful writer as well given his responses itt

Lol wut a :eek::eek::eek:

I respect that. But if you're so concerned about your identity, why do you make such a big deal about it? Why not pretend you're just some slob like the rest of us? Also please check PMs.
I'm a good writer but I don't take myself too seriously.

It's just a skill that I've nurtured.

Back