Elon Musk overdoses on red pills and attacks MSM in revolutionary and controversial tweets

I love Musk, he rejected Trump. He's a genius billionaire with nothing but innovative ideas. Oh, he's not completely on board with libs? What a dummy, this guy is a moron.

Trump 2020.

Seriously, can any of you actually point to his innovations that have sprung from his intellect/prowess as opposed to his financing and management? @Madmick

Again, this reeks of the same ignorant praise given to Steve Jobs because he was the face attributed to actual innovators beneath him.
You were literally just given an example. He's the first man to ever successfully launch a reused rocket into space.

You act as if I'm saying he's an idiot.

I'm not. I'm saying he's not a generational genius and that tech really doesn't operate on the basis of the individual genius of CEO's. To that extent, yeah, his smug presentation of himself as some intellectual deity is that of a charlatan.

I do that frequently. I just haven't been given any persuasive arguments other than "omg space ships" from persons who immediately just associate "Elon Musk" with genius.

I guess I have two primary issues with what you are saying.

First is that you are comparing Musk to Jobs, when Jobs couldn't even code. He does have the visionary are salesmanship abilities similar to Jobs, but he is also highly technically proficient which, like you say, Jobs is not.

Second is your issue with people calling him a genius and reluctance to give him credit for the accomplishments of his companies. I think a lot of rocket scientists are probably geniuses. He's a self-taught rocket scientist who also runs and is actively involved in the engineering aspects of two companies. Are you familiar with the costs to launch a satellite - commercial or government - prior to SpaceX arriving and driving down the costs? They did that prior to fully developing their reusable technology. What was the electric car market like prior to the Tesla Roadster? What's it like now? What do you think those industries would look like if he never entered them? I doubt they would look anything like they do.

I don't think you appreciate the genius it requires to found a great company. Especially many of them. I don't mean this as an insult but your username is Trotsky, and it's really not surprising that a communist would not appreciate that genius, or anything Musk has done.

I guess I have two primary issues with what you are saying.

First is that you are comparing Musk to Jobs, when Jobs couldn't even code. He does have the visionary are salesmanship abilities similar to Jobs, but he is also highly technically proficient which, like you say, Jobs is not.

Second is your issue with people calling him a genius and reluctance to give him credit for the accomplishments of his companies. I think a lot of rocket scientists are probably geniuses. He's a self-taught rocket scientist who also runs and is actively involved in the engineering aspects of two companies. Are you familiar with the costs to launch a satellite - commercial or government - prior to SpaceX arriving and driving down the costs? They did that prior to fully developing their reusable technology. What was the electric car market like prior to the Tesla Roadster? What's it like now? What do you think those industries would look like if he never entered them? I doubt they would look anything like they do.

I don't think you appreciate the genius it requires to found a great company. Especially many of them. I don't mean this as an insult but your username is Trotsky, and it's really not surprising that a communist would not appreciate that genius, or anything Musk has done.
It's simpler than that. He was fine with Musk until he attacked the media

His hair plugs are growing into his brain.

Your comparison of Jobs to Musk with regard to technical contributions to their products is only making you look more ignorant. Musk is the opposite of Jobs in this way. Does the founder of a company literally have to do EVERYTHING as a sole proprietorship to gain any respect from you?

Trotsky's entire rubric for rating other people's value is how closely their political beliefs line up with his. Just ignore him.

You were literally just given an example. He's the first man to ever successfully launch a reused rocket into space.

SpaceX, the company of which he is a CEO, did that. You still have no shown proprietary knowledge linked to Musk or anything to distinguish him from any other CEO of innovative companies.

And this plays right into his self-promotion, which has quickly become his only viable card.

It's simpler than that. He was fine with Musk until he attacked the media

JFC, you're a fucking idiot.

Why exactly would you think a far leftist would be defensive of the US mainstream media? That's nonsensical given its right-wing corporatist bent that has slandered, undermined, and blacked out leftist causes for decades. I just don't side with reactionaries who play on socially destructive impulses and conspiracies for their own gains.

If you read any of Musk's previous political statements (like his "the United States is the greatest force for good in human history" dog shit), you'd know he's worth criticizing.

He's idea strikes me as bogus. The public isn't good at making judgements about shit, that's why the MSM is the way it is -- because people buy into it and keep it going.

He should just tell people to read WSJ, NYT, WaPO and then throw in academic articles to balance out.

SpaceX, the company of which he is a CEO, did that. You still have no shown proprietary knowledge linked to Musk or anything to distinguish him from any other CEO of innovative companies.

And this plays right into his self-promotion, which has quickly become his only viable card.

He's not just he CEO, he's the founder. No Elon Musk = no SpaceX = no reusable orbital rockets.

Also, Jeff Bezos started Blue Origin before Elon Musk started SpaceX, has always had significantly more money than Musk, and still hasn't even reached orbit.*

*In September it will be 10 years since SpaceX reached orbit.

Yeah, let's rate media. There is no way that these ratings can be manipulated... This is about as political as everything. All conservatives will destroy the NYT and Fox will get a 0 rating from everyone (which would be fair though)

Should we also rate the raters then?

JFC, you're a fucking idiot.

Why exactly would you think a far leftist would be defensive of the US mainstream media? That's nonsensical given its right-wing corporatist bent that has slandered, undermined, and blacked out leftist causes for decades. I just don't side with reactionaries who play on socially destructive impulses and conspiracies for their own gains.

If you read any of Musk's previous political statements (like his "the United States is the greatest force for good in human history" dog shit), you'd know he's worth criticizing.

In the pre-mapping of falcon 1 -- he developed the methology using vertical integration (used his Wharton degree in economics) and combined that with what he learned from developing moduler based software and applied that to aeronautics -- essentially creating the pathway of how the cost of launching a rocket could be reduced by a exponent of 10, -- this lead to him realizing that the only way to do this was developing a practical reusable rocket (which did not exist); he basically became the first to use the concept of applying friction welding to lithium alloys to produce this. Without him, we wouldnt have the pathway to modern first stage reusable rockets.

Musk vision in 2001, combined with this method he incoprated is the reason why SpaceX delivers the cheapest delivery option (way below than what Nasa/ ULA offers) Technically Muller is the designer of the merlin engine -- musk hold several patents himself. But Musk absolutely revolutionized modern rocketry.

He is also technically not an engineer as he is is ineligible for a P.Eng. He is an applied physicists with a B.Sc in Economics.

Last edited:
He's idea strikes me as bogus. The public isn't good at making judgements about shit, that's why the MSM is the way it is -- because people buy into it and keep it going.

He should just tell people to read WSJ, NYT, WaPO and then throw in academic articles to balance out.
Do you think wikipedia is useful?

yeah CNN just did a hit piece on him in response

can't really blame them.

anyway Musk is right about the MSM

wrong like trump was going to bring peace the NK lol idiot

Did you miss that literally a few hours later Kim is trying to bring Trump back to the negotiating table?

I bet you were recently posting how Kim was getting the better of trump by luring him into the meeting with the promise of the NPP.

Sending people to space is the easy part. Too bad we have to figure out how to bring them home.....

Back