Elliot Hulse

Jaunty you don't like frank yang?

Haven't seen that guy in years but his videos were pure entertainment.

Jaunty you don't like frank yang?

Haven't seen that guy in years but his videos were pure entertainment.

What in the hey now? I love Frank Yang. He's hilarious. I love his stream of consciousness stuff, the fact that he has no filter and talks about stuff that an awful lot of people don't want to hear, I love how camp he is.

He is more tolerable than most hyper critical constantly butt hurt guys on this forum.

:icon_twis

Do you mean "he is more tolerable than most of the guys on this forum, who are hyper-critical and constantly butt-hurt"? Or do you really just mean "of the portion of the guys on this forum who are hypercritical and constantly butt-hurt, Eliot Hulse is more tolerable than most of them". Because that is damning him with faint praise indeed, in addition to completely failing to stick it to the forum, given that the phrasing is consistent with a very small proportion of members actually falling under that description.

Do you mean "he is more tolerable than most of the guys on this forum, who are hyper-critical and constantly butt-hurt"? Or do you really just mean "of the portion of the guys on this forum who are hypercritical and constantly butt-hurt, Eliot Hulse is more tolerable than most of them". Because that is damning him with faint praise indeed, in addition to completely failing to stick it to the forum, given that the phrasing is consistent with a very small proportion of members actually falling under that description.

I sense criticizing and butt-hurt in this post.

Well, I already said this.

Like Belph eluded to, though, the DVD set is irreverent (It was the football strongman set). If I don't like something, I don't like it.

Good use of the word "irreverent"*. It's really underutilized.

*16 months ago

Returning to the topic of the Hulse, I have to admit that I am a bit conflicted about his psychology/self-help stuff. On the one hand, it's a poor man indeed who depends on a strongman and Internet strength guy for help with their happiness and mental health. This is an area where there is a vast amount of knowledge and many kinds of professsional training. On the other hand, it's probably better to have some basic tools for thinking about yourself and recognising unhelpful thinking than to have none at all. So, if people like the Hulse are offering that, it's probably good. Although sad that they can't find better.

Elliot Hulse is no Naudi Aguilar, but I guess he's alright.

I ran into The Hulse at a Red Lobster and he gave me the ancient curl technique of the palm down preacher curl. My biceps have never been the same since.

Returning to the topic of the Hulse, I have to admit that I am a bit conflicted about his psychology/self-help stuff. On the one hand, it's a poor man indeed who depends on a strongman and Internet strength guy for help with their happiness and mental health. This is an area where there is a vast amount of knowledge and many kinds of professsional training. On the other hand, it's probably better to have some basic tools for thinking about yourself and recognising unhelpful thinking than to have none at all. So, if people like the Hulse are offering that, it's probably good. Although sad that they can't find better.

I agree with this. His self-help stuff seems kind of off sometimes.

I like 'Teh Hulse', I watch pretty much all his video. But I HATE the way he refers to himself in the third person. And that one video he did where he was screaming, hopping around, kicking and punching the bed, I thought that he's gone and lost it.

He is a good strength coach nothing really special. He tends to pop-up on YouTube suggestions all the time, so I have watched a lot of his stuff.

His pompous, self-rightous psychology/self-help stuff bothers me. I have gotten a few laughs out of it though. Hopefully, nobody takes him too seriously

I like how he said he used to be broke yet went to a good college and his family life was intact. Pisses me off he tries to act like he's from the gutter

I like how he said he used to be broke yet went to a good college and his family life was intact. Pisses me off he tries to act like he's from the gutter

"I was a broke kid with a family who went out and started a business, and then all of a sudden it disappeared because all the money disappeared in 2008. Quickly, I had to discover a new way to supplement my income. I started to use the internet to get clients for my gym. Through that experience, I realized if I started making videos, creating DVDs, writing books, and offering them to the entire world online, I wouldn't be dependent on the local economy to fill my gym with clients. I would also reach so many more people, and that's why I started doing it."

Hasn't been through anything.
Learn about a person before you judge them.

He didn't claim to be from Auschwitz. I don't know what you're complaining about.

He is a good strength coach nothing really special. He tends to pop-up on YouTube suggestions all the time, so I have watched a lot of his stuff.

His pompous, self-rightous psychology/self-help stuff bothers me. I have gotten a few laughs out of it though. Hopefully, nobody takes him too seriously

Why does his psych/self-help stuffs brother you? :[]

He made a video of how broke he was yet continuously got his gf preg

He made a video of how broke he was yet continuously got his gf preg

Do you know how often this actually happens ? People who can't support themselves, let alone kids get knocked up all the time.

Well, he aint poor no more. I bet he's living it up, all those youtube monies, and the ridiculous amount he charges to hold seminars.

Back