Elliot Hulse

he has some interesting videos, doesnt he do strongman stuff?

He was a pro LW strongman. IDK if he still holds pro status. He has some interesting videos. Most of them are pretty common sense stuff

He was a pro LW strongman. IDK if he still holds pro status. He has some interesting videos. Most of them are pretty common sense stuff

He's trying to get pro status back again, in a lighter division.

I actually really like his videos on bio energetics, digestive health etc... He realizes that being a badass has a lot more to do with your insides than your outsides.

Someone I know bought one of his DVD sets and another strength coach and I sat down and watched for like an hour and it was fucking retarded.

Someone I know bought one of his DVD sets and another strength coach and I sat down and watched for like an hour and it was fucking retarded.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

From what I've seen (seconds-long excerpts of a handful of his videos), he seems more concerned with being an internet personality and getting revenue from YT that giving out consistently good advice. Not much of what I've seen him say is straight up wrong, but his vids are annoying and he doesn't have any insights that aren't easily accessible elsewhere on the interwebs.

He's trying to get pro status back again, in a lighter division.

He lost a lot of weight and quit taking juice. I believe he's around 200lbs now. So he would be competing in the <200 sub-division. It's a weird system. There are only 2 universally recognized weight classes where you can get a pro card... LW < 231 and HW. There are a few subdivisions for each. So he may be competing at 200, but he's still working for a 231 pro card. Which is no joke. I don't know if anyone has actually done that, especially off the sauce.

From what I've seen (seconds-long excerpts of a handful of his videos), he seems more concerned with being an internet personality and getting revenue from YT that giving out consistently good advice. Not much of what I've seen him say is straight up wrong, but his vids are annoying and he doesn't have any insights that aren't easily accessible elsewhere on the interwebs.

Exactly.

Care to explain your strong words?
Well, basically this.

Also, it has been awhile since I watched them, but I seem to remember the technique shown being garbage. I have kids more proficient at movements that I have worked with for about 2 weeks.

Plus, he tries too hard to be funny and he isn't at all.

you still have to laugh at 00:35, though

So you've watched excerpts, and believe you can therefore judge him?

I don't agree with everything he says, but he's not as bad as y'all believe.

I watched like an hour of his DVD set.

Do I need to watch someone's entire body of work to make a judgement?

Does it matter which DVD ? Honest question.

Why did you dislike his work? Which DVD did you watch.
Well, I already said this.

Care to explain your strong words?
Well, basically this.

Also, it has been awhile since I watched them, but I seem to remember the technique shown being garbage. I have kids more proficient at movements that I have worked with for about 2 weeks.

Plus, he tries too hard to be funny and he isn't at all.
Like Belph eluded to, though, the DVD set is irreverent (It was the football strongman set). If I don't like something, I don't like it.

on which exercises did he show bad form?

Wow, a bet Jake didn't realize before he posted- if you badmouth the Hulse on this forum, you'd better be ready to back your shit up.

No shit. This is ridiculous.

sboone- I really don't remember, to be honest with you. It was a awhile ago and we didn't get one good piece of information out of it that we didn't already know so we didn't put it straight to memory. I just remember us sitting there and thinking, "What the fuck is this garbage?"

If you guys have a boner for the guy then, by all means, watch his videos; I really don't give a fuck. For the purposes of myself and my athletes getting stronger, this guy provides nothing for me.

Back