Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Sean Strickland added to UFC 224

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...-enfrenta-strickland-no-ufc-rio-em-maio.ghtml

SIR

Recovered from a knee injury, the CM System fighter is scheduled to perform at Arena da Barra in Rio de Janeiro in search of the fifth consecutive victory in the organization

Elizeu Capoeira is another member of Brazil scaled to UFC Rio 9, May 12 at Arena da Barra. The Paranaense will face Sean Strickland, in a duel valid for welterweight, he said, according to the report of Combate.com, on Friday, with sources close to the organization.

After four straight wins for UFC, Capoeira was scheduled to perform at UFC London, last Saturday, but a knee injury knocked him out of action. The 31-year-old defeated Max Griffin at UFC Sao Paulo in October in his latest performance, and was crowned with the "Fight of the Night" bonus.

Sean Strickland (6 wins and 2 losses in UFC) will perform in Brazil for the second time. The athlete, who lost to Santiago Ponzinibbio in 2015 at UFC Porto Alegre, has won out of his last five fights. In his last performance, "Tarzan" overcame Court McGee in points in November.

UFC 224
May 12, in Rio de Janeiro

EVENT CARD (so far):
Women's Bantamweight title: Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington
Interim Welterweight title: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington * (not officially announced)
Middleweight: Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida
Middleweight: Ronaldo Jacaré vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Bantamweight: John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher
Middleweight: Thales Leites vs. Jack Hermansson
Lightweight: David Ramos vs. Nick Hein
Welterweight: Alberto Miná vs. Ramazan Emeev
Heavyweight: Junior Albini vs. Alexey Oleynik
Middleweight: Cézar Mutante vs. Karl Roberson
Women's Strawweight: Mackenzie Dern vs. Amanda Cooper
Welterweight: Warlley Alves vs. Sultan Aliev
Welterweight: Elizeu Capoeira vs. Sean Strickland

Last edited:
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

LOL at WMMA fight is headlining the event when RDA, Vitor, Jacare, Kelvin, Lyoto and Lineker are fighting on the same night.

never heard of the guy but it looks like sean has a real tough opponent. rooting for strickland propane though

elizeu capoeira always puts on entertaining fights. became a fan watching him go to war with lyman good live in long island. he's definitely worth watching whenever he fights

I really enjoy watching Zaleski, he's fast becoming a dark horse favourite of mine. Don't see him ever being a contender, but he's steadily working up the ranks. Strickland makes everyone look like shit, though. Don't think he's ever had an exciting fight in the UFC.

This will be his comeuppance though. He's usualy the superior athlete, but he won't be here for me and he isn't as strong as Lyman Good, so I don't see him grinding out a decision here.

Zaleski, decision

Back