Elizabeth Swaney Average American Skier Who Competed in Olympics

Because she had the money and time to travel to these low quality tournaments. Most athletes are pretty broke and have jobs they have to worry about.

Read what she had to do in order to do that. She worked several jobs at a time and sacrificed the rest of her life to travel get to those places.

This is fantastic.

Olympics are theoretically an amateur event anyways. Most other people get funding. Really, she is one of the only athletes there actually in keeping with the spirit of the thing.
<Moves>

I think she is probably a woman who is very lost and looking for her 5 minutes of fame.

But, she legitimately qualified for the Olympics. I don’t agree with it, but can’t fault her. I just find it strange that someone would desire to compete and embarrass themselves. She must know she doesn’t belong there, even if technicalities allow it.

How's her feet look though?

She's pretty sour looking. Couldn't find her feet... Sorry

246889_elizabeth_swaney_portre_mandiner_foto.jpg

she should at least be trying to win if she's there, but the loophole exists and shes an olympian and that's a historical fact.

Every guy here would fuck her, though I think it’s possible she might be legit mentally ill

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8e2b7518-1690-11e8-a427-78e8af199a96.jpg

ScottHallenbergPhotography%2020150531d4%200053c1--DSC_0053fs-M.jpg

I definitely would but I also find her willingness to go for things attractive. Most people have a full measure of life... and most people just watch it slowly drip away. But if you can summon it all up... at one time... in one place... you can accomplish something... glorious.

I'll leave it at this.... there are certain things self-respecting people are willing to do to achieve things, and certain things self-respecting people aren't willing to do.

You can guess which category I feel she belongs in.

I definitely would but I also find her willingness to go for things attractive. Most people have a full measure of life... and most people just watch it slowly drip away. But if you can summon it all up... at one time... in one place... you can accomplish something... glorious.

Yeah, but you know who else is willing to go for things? Crazy stalker chicks who will boil your kid’s pet rabbit to death. Just getting a certain vibe from this girl...

I think it's hilarious. She made it within the rules. Good for her.

I imagine the sex life would be exactly like how she qualified for the olympics. She shows up unexpectedly no matter where in the world you are, does the exact same motion repeatedly for several minutes, and then goes home. Otoh, she seems to be immune to social shame, which is nice.

Anyways, I can't be the only one who responded to this story by by looking up sports and countries for which I plausibly might qualify.

We should permanently trade her citizenship to Hungary for her weight in goulash...

So I personally find her story inspiring. She is the 33 year old American who competed for Hungary in half pipe skiing. She managed to get into the Olympic because she traveled around the world finding weak comps so she could place in them and got to the Olympics

I am a little biased because I have been training and competing in jiu jitsu for a very long time. And while I am very good at jiu jitsu. I am never going to be a top level guy. However, if there was some way to game the system say by competing at a bunch of local tournaments in order to get to ADCC I'd do it even knowing I would get smashed.

I think there is something very American about going for your dreams but

well I applaud this girl for going for going for her dreams her entire life. What say you? Fan, don't care or do you think she made a mockery of the Olympics.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetor...r-managed-to-scheme-her-way-into-the-olympics

Sounds familiar........

meh, can't hate on someone with that sense of hustle. I'm assuming she's not abusing drugs to get there, so I don't have any issues.

I imagine the sex life would be exactly like how she qualified for the olympics. She shows up unexpectedly no matter where in the world you are, does the exact same motion repeatedly for several minutes, and then goes home. Otoh, she seems to be immune to social shame, which is nice.

Anyways, I can't be the only one who responded to this story by by looking up sports and countries for which I plausibly might qualify.

I was thinking that I could make the Vietnamese Winter team. Curling perhaps?

Back